The Official Module B - Close Study of Text (Section II) Thread (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Let's hear what you have to say. Was the question difficult?

To eliminate confusion the format of posting would be simply stating your set text you have studied, before you go screaming your heads off about how crap the section was.

Example

Set Text: Briar Rose

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
OMG Briar Rose was easy as well, the question was so damn broad.

pocydto

Originally posted by Winston
OMG Briar Rose was easy as well, the question was so damn broad.
I second that winston...
I answered the Macbeth question for close study of texts.... I was surprised at the broad range of answer we can give out...

Hey maybe thats a good sign! :)

Board of studies is taking it easy on us standard students :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by pocydto

Board of studies is taking it easy on us standard students :D
yeah they are empathising with us, and feeling the pain we standard people go through. Thanks BOS, your actually listening to us students.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
the question was pretty hard i thought.. prolly cuz i didn't prepare well

Mathematician

I had no structure at all for this section. Nothing prepared from before. Stress made me write any shit anywhere. But im happy cause i estimated i would have 10 mins left for this section and i ended up having an hour!!! Cause i added less in image which i dont know if it was a good idea since im crap at macbeth. But i included most of it and i would have got 1/20 for macbeth if i had 10 mins left... so yeah im pretty happy.

YAY FOR THE ESSAYS
Thank God for the mercy of BOS

i did macbeth....truman and bruce dawe...........truman was the worst one of them all......macbeth and dawe were alright.....hopefully they mark it well

chris42

HSC
Macbeth was good, It was an essay type question which was great, and it wasn't too hard to relate different sections of the text and quotes to the question.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I did Briar Rose, and I found that the questions had too many answers, and then i wasn't really sure what to write, but for Briar Rose I wrote about Gemma's resilance to the Holocaust and determination to live in a new country trying to forget about the Holocaust and that Briar Rose was a metaphor for the tradegies. Also Becca's emotional, spiritual and mental journeys and determination and how everything turned out like a fairy tale for her.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Cape
I did Briar Rose, and I found that the questions had too many answers, and then i wasn't really sure what to write, but for Briar Rose I wrote about Gemma's resilance to the Holocaust and determination to live in a new country trying to forget about the Holocaust and that Briar Rose was a metaphor for the tradegies. Also Becca's emotional, spiritual and mental journeys and determination and how everything turned out like a fairy tale for her.
I wrote about how Yolen uses the fairy tale genre as a representation of the holocaust, and just argued i found that it was interesting because it allowed me to better relate to the text.

HSC
ay...'aspects' as in themes right?
ie The Shoehorn Sonata...some 'aspects' were reconciliation, loyalty, bravery etc ? it better be :|

Shao

umm, when they say aspect(S)
does that mean more then one aspect?

i did witness, talked about ford's representation of book..

anju_th

Shoehorn i wrote abt their friendship.......is dat enuf??? crap... and wove dramatic techniques in how their friendship was shown....but i mentioned stuf abt their reconciliation, sheilas bravery u kno da quote abt "she was a brave...blah blah"....

does this cover the q?

Maddogg

DRAMA - THE SHOEHORN SONATA

omg omg it was the most broad and easy question i have seen in my life..... all it wanted was themes and techniques unlike previous years questions where they were hard to understand and it was very similar to an essay i had done before so that helped too :)

anju_th

i knowwwwwwwwww bloody hell i didn even mention themeslike my main thing was friendship and thier reconciliation......does this come under themes........?????????????

anju_th

u can concentrated on one theme rite? coz they did ask wat was ur own personal impact rite? I made sure i concentrated on one of the themes rather than many although theire whole relationship supports the themes like loyalty, betrayal and reconciliation

anju_th

u can concentrated on one theme rite? coz they did ask wat was ur own personal impact rite? I made sure i concentrated on one of the themes rather than many although theire whole relationship supports the themes like loyalty, betrayal and reconciliation

kablam

HSC
for shoehorn it didn't even occur to me that aspects might have meant themes, i talked about the relationship between characters, and the historical significance as my two main points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)