• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official NBA thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Kobe can score all he wants but he won't ever shoot the Lakers into the Finals.

Suns = incredible. Without Amare and still dominating.

placebo101

HSC
who do you ppl think will win mvp this year?? the pistons stand out as the best performing team, but they dont really have one that stands out, any of their starters could make a case for being the teams mvp. but i'd say duncan, nash or billups/hamilton?

dark_wolv

The Member
HSC
i hope lebron or tracy are this years mvp. True pistons haven't got a strong player although Garnett can fill the shoes.
HEY HEY Kobe scores 81 against raptors making him second highest single scorer in NBA history

placebo101

HSC
yeah kobe is having an amazing scoring season.
i cant see tmac winning it because his missed a lot of games, and well... the rockets will most likely miss the off season.
but lebron is deffinatley in with a chance, his numbers are incredible.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Nash.

He's incredible.

Personally i want KG to win.

Candidates: James, Wade, Nash, Duncan, KG or Kobe (if lakers make playoffs)

dark_wolv

The Member
HSC
Allstar weekend is on Feb 18th n 19th i think. Does anyone know if the games are on espn here?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they usually are. I dont like the Allstar games anymore, its not even competitive. Its not like the players go out and try hard or anything to get that all star jersey.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
and the votes are rigged in my belief.

yao ming also gets through because international votes count, and well there's no need for me to mention how many chinese people there are in this world ;)

but he's a good guy, kudos to him .. tmac still carries the rockets in my opinion though

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Suns are amazing. Nash is incredible. Marion is fucking Neo...but cooler.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mm if Pistons win 65+, I'd say Billups for MVP

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I'd take Nash over Billups. Simply because he's kept the Suns as one of the Leagues best despite Amare being out.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
One day Lebron will be MVP, wouldnt be surprised if he averages 30-7-7 this season.

xypoo

HSC
Dywane wade wont win MVP simply coz his got shaq + others on his team...if he gone it all alone with a roster in 03/04 season and ended with a result of last season stats (50+ wins if i remember) then yeah, maybe he'll win it...

Shaq aint no candidate as well, his worst statistical career at the moment

Nash, Duncan or lebron are the three MVP candidates i say
Nash got no stodamire, lebron got no larry hugh (underperformer anyways), and duncan is boring old duncan but they still are all top performing teams in their division (plus they are the one that leads the team to these numbers)

oh and dont forget rip!

- L1n -

HSC
bobness said:
and the votes are rigged in my belief.

yao ming also gets through because international votes count, and well there's no need for me to mention how many chinese people there are in this world ;)

but he's a good guy, kudos to him .. tmac still carries the rockets in my opinion though

Your right how international influence do play a roll on voting, however in Yao mIngs case, everyone knows in the west right now his arguably the best Center to pick from, if shaq was still west fair enough. But fact is theres no other centers who compares with Yao on the west, and even though Tim Duncan can play Center, his still a power forward. To tell you the truth Yao Ming deserves to be an allstar.

Tmac carries the rockets??? r u sure, before Tmac Houston was still in playoffs, r u saying Steve Francis carried Houston before the Tmac trade??? Tmac and yao complement each other Tmac won't do so well without Yao and Yao Needs Tmac, simple as that. They r just like shaq and kobe back in those 3 championship runs lakers had, no Kobe = no championship for shaq, no shaq= no championship for kobe. Look at lakers right now Kobe needs to do everything, yes his doing well but they not gonna win the playoffs with just Kobe.

I say Kobe has a chance of MVP this season, i would put him above Lebron, look at Lebrons teamates, look at Kobe's. Nash i would out up for MVP again, u gotta give him reps, and Allen Iverson.

Last edited:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
- L1n - said:
Your right how international influence do play a roll on voting, however in Yao mIngs case, everyone knows in the west right now his arguably the best Center to pick from, if shaq was still west fair enough. But fact is theres no other centers who compares with Yao on the west, and even though Tim Duncan can play Center, his still a power forward. To tell you the truth Yao Ming deserves to be an allstar.

Tmac carries the rockets??? r u sure, before Tmac Houston was still in playoffs, r u saying Steve Francis carried Houston before the Tmac trade??? Tmac and yao complement each other Tmac won't do so well without Tmac and Yao Needs Tmac, simple as that. They r just like shaq and kobe back in those 3 championship runs lakers had, no Kobe = no championship for shaq, no shaq= no championship for kobe. Look at lakers right now Kobe needs to do everything, yes his doing well but they not gonna win the playoffs with just Kobe.

I say Kobe has a chance of MVP this season, i would put him above Lebron, look at Lebrons teamates, look at Kobe's. Nash i would out up for MVP again, u gotta give him reps, and Allen Iverson.
No Yao doesn't. He's boring and inconsistent.

And obviously Tmac won't do so well without Tmac. But when Yao went out and T-mac was in, Rockets weren't exactly drowning. When T-mac went out but Yao was still in, i don't think they even managed to win one game. 1 at most. Yao can't carry Rockets. T-mac can't either. But he can do better.

And fucking KG :( Averaging around 20, 10, 6 but gets no MVP due to shitty team giving him no wins.

M@C D@DDY

HSC
why does everyone forget Dirk Nowitzki for the MVP... he is so consistent and the mavericks are having a great season of the back off him... considering the recent departure of nash and finley.. the mavs have not seen a downturn in their record... largely due to dirk's shooting and the recently developed defensive consistency

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Dirk is a great multi category player, considering his size. I think him, Garnett and AK47 are players which come once every couple of years or so. But yeah I agree with you, he is under-rated when it come sto MVP buzz.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mm what about Marion? he's played better than Nash lately, proved more than capable without Amare..which gets me thinking, imagine how dominant Phoenix would have been with Amare in the lineup from the start? They're 39-17, and I reckon they'd be giving the Pistons a run for the best league record if Amare was there

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
How many Houston games have you anti-Yao guys followed up?
If you don't like Yao's style, don't blame it on his inconsistency.
I hear about his weaknesses that contributed to Houston's losses when Tmac's off the court. But I've never heard from people mentioning any centers in the west that can match Yao.
Yao might be over-rated. But why players like Ginoboli don't get that kind of attention from Europe?

If he bores you, it's your own taste that you should blame. It has little to measure his ability. Just incase you're thinking about that second last game with the Phoenix, JVG should've known the tactics they would use to deal with Yao. It looks like little had been informed by him to the other players like David Wesley or Rafer Alston. Those dudes can do something nice but they can also be quiet stupid. I mean JUST GIVE THE FREAKING BALL TO YAO INSTEAD OF RUNNING AROUND LIKE A DON'T KNOW HOW! FGS.

Btw, since you guys like Marion. Has anyone of you tried his shooting style. It's actually quiet effective lol.

taki999

HSC
I agree with T-Mac01. Sure Yao may have started off pretty badly..i used to laugh at him when people did crossovers and got past Yao so easily, but now he's the 2nd best center from what i heard during one of the NBA games. His now more aggresive and does more then just defend and look like a retard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)