The Official 'Wanna be lawyers club against occupational stereotypes' WBLCAOS (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The Official 'Wanna be lawyers against occupational stereotypes' WBLAOS

*sanctuary 4 all u wanna b lawyers*
Heylo...here u go this is the The Official 'Wanna be lawyers against occupational stereotypes' WBLAOS...which i promised i wld create in another thread...

Ok so this is wat we do....

*Gives info abt alternatives pathways into getting into law?
*Gives advice on law realted stuff
*Helps mock trialers
* Help 4 legal students
* Dispells the myths and stereotypes abt lawyers.... and anything else i can think of

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Fort Street mock trail team was robbed.
We were unbeaten, and we killed the shitty school who we lost to, that the name is so shitty i cant even remember. Stupid judge cutting off our first barrister in the closing statement. He would be talking and out of nowhere the judge kept on interrupting, saying shit like "you haven’t address this point" and barrister would be like "I’m just getting to that point, will you let me finish" and the fuckin judge kept on doing it, until barrister finally just ignored him, and the judge got the shits and made us loose, but it was still heaps close though. Can’t remember exact score, but i believe it was by less than 10...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
all of our wins and losses were less than 10 so even tho we had high scores (usually 240's) we didnt get into elimination...scoring 4 mock trial is stupid! even tho we got 9-10's we didnt get in....and last yr wen we watched the finals the teams were ok but not that gd

Max Marks

Fairfield/Liverpool, Bankstown District, Prospect
Plt

For all you guys that are thinking about becoming lawyers, make sure you understand that to become a solicitor its not just about doing the law course and getting straight into work. You need to complete Practical Legal Training (PLT) not all courses include this in the degree, so it might be something to consider. I know i was silly enough not to research it, but i'm sure you soon to be law undergraduates have done your research :)

P.S. i'm at UTS doing the law course and they do offer it. If its not offered in your course on completion of your degree you need to go to Law School at USYD :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
ywa i found that out @ UTS open day...thats y it wld b best to go there coz thy include it into the degree....but again its the UAI that is the barrier!

Its called the Legal Practioners Certificate right? 1 year afta degree?

Last edited:

Max Marks

Fairfield/Liverpool, Bankstown District, Prospect
Plt

Im not really sure what its called in other uni's but at UTS its called PLT. Its just something to keep in mind i think. Im pretty sure some of the western sydney unis offer it also, but the prestige of a "city" uni is what most people are after hence the demanding being so high.

Cheers,
Sash

Poindexter

Law seems to have become an area that everyone seems to be drawn to, just as an instinct. It's ridiculous how many people want to become lawyers at my school (SBHS) who are only following that path because that's what the done thing is if you get 90+. Fact is, there's a lot of work and boredom that you have to get past before you become the world's most prestigious laywer 2004.

Sure the money is good, but sometimes that isn't always the best incentive.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its so annoying how so many ppl either do law or say they wanna coz of the money, prestigie or coz they get a high UAI... its stupid coz then pplz who do wanna do it have to get a huge UAI just coz some pplz think its goona make them rich! Ots hardworrk and u have to like the law!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Poindexter said:
It's ridiculous how many people want to become lawyers at my school (SBHS) who are only following that path...
it's also bcoz of the 'lemmings' effect... 20% of your '03 predecessors ended up doing law at uni, my being one of them

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
sounds like fun, count me in.
I've wanted to be a lawyer for ages and ages. no idea why. never going to get that uai though, so hopefully journalism...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
hey i know how u feel...i went to nsw uni law open day and they were fully making the uni sound so cool... i was like HEY i WOULD LOVE 2 GO HERE...BUT THE 99+ UAI is too hard!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
which one did you go to? I went to the 2:50pm lecture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)