• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Pakistanis (1 Viewer)

aj_number_10

HSC
Pakistan tried hard , unfortunately (for them) just didnt take their chances.
It is not there openers fault, there obviously the best two that they have. Like someone said, you can not just throw Youhana in there. And to be honest it will be better for these kids long term if they can play against top attacks like this.

And Oh Yeah Saeed Anwar was class. Hiim and Ahmir Sohail used to be one lethal opening pair.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
Pace Setter said:
Not just a rumour. It was either going to be India or Australia A if the Windies couldnt make it.
so anynews on that?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i'd like to see australia and australia a battle it out actually.

Pace Setter

choco said:
so anynews on that?
the previous dispute within the windies got resolved. They(the windies) have picked a team, so they're almost definitely coming.

Would have been interesting with Aus A though, or even Ind V Pak.

On a side note, you've got to feel a bit sorry for all those punters who put thousands/tens of thousands of dollars on Pakistan to cause an upset this match. I'm glad I didnt fall for the hype!

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
love to watch ind v pak they are one of the best matches...anyone know when tickets for that super series are available to buy ...?
hope it'll live up to expectations. pity syd gets no one dayers tho

aj_number_10

HSC
this is the last test
but every city\state has a One day match on.

On the Windies yes they are coming and it should be interesting after they won the ICC trophy

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Australia won!
Thanks to Martyn 142 and Gillespie 50*
Gillespie might become an all rounder someday!

aj_number_10

HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
I think that happened before back in 96 or something!!!
it was yeah either 95 or 96
Australia , Australia A and England was the One Day Series

MuffinMan

HSC
angelduck said:
they should do it again, anyone think theres any chance of the paki's beating us in the last test?
Yeh before Martyn reached 142 and Gillespie 50*. That's poor bowling by the paks. Gillespie is a tailender and he scored an half century. The Paks can join the ranks of New Zealand.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
or india...rememba last summer when they came here they did better than ne international team when playing tests in aus (in recent times)...the one day final howeva i choose to forget

MuffinMan

HSC
Is pakistan playing in the vb ODI series? We'll have to wait if they do better in the ond day internationals. lol salmin butt's 108 prob wasn't a fluke however he was VERY lucky. He was dropped off consecutive balls from gillespie's bowling.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
ishq said:
From 2/210 to 8/265..after which i turned the TV off in disgust.
It was like a domino effect - and happens every time!
Still, Salman played a good knock. Great Effort!
Salman was awesome, at the ground we were so caught up with Pidgeon missing the catch that we forgot he got to his ton untill he dropped down and kissed the ground and then we realised. He got a standing ovation for his knock, it was fucking brilliant. Too bad the other Paki's couldnt show the same guts as their young'n could.

I was cut at Afridi getting out to that pie, I was so excited about seeing him again when I saw the teams for the match. But meh, I'll be at all five days so hopefully he can tonk a few in the next dig.

McGill wasn't anywhere near as good as his figures suggest. Afridi,Younis and Kamal all handed him their wickets and I thought that Danish missed the ball when I got home and saw it on the news.

All in all the Pakistani's gave the game back to us when they shoulda killed it off like the Indians did to us last year. But meh, that's what makes these guys as watchable as they are, their unpredictability is cool, I don't know which Pakistan team will turn up tommorow.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Yeah, they were doing so well! Opposite of the Aus team, its our starting line up (mostly Hayden) that gives us trouble at times, not against Paki's however, at least we've begun to overcome that. I still can't believe Warne dropped that catch at 0/6 or sumthin, it looked so easy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)