The Pay Thread (1 Viewer)

goobypls

HSC
You're still within the range from the award I checked for hospo and clubs,it's because those jobs have different awards.
Seems pretty shit though, I might bail after a few months and get a job elsewhere

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Seems pretty shit though, I might bail after a few months and get a job elsewhere
You're not going to get paid that much more at other places (like retal, fast food etc..), quit only if you dislike something significantly about the place (and can't change yourself), the small difference in pay for something that is at least a decent place to work at is a much better trade-off.

speednugget

HSC
'Team Leader' kmart australia
lvl 3 retail assistant $26.25 an hour
sunday rate $37 an hour
sunday night rate $45 an hour

Typically work 5hrs on sat morning and 5hrs sun night, easy $300-350

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
'Team Leader' kmart australia
lvl 3 retail assistant $26.25 an hour
sunday rate $37 an hour
sunday night rate $45 an hour

Typically work 5hrs on sat morning and 5hrs sun night, easy $300-350
That's pretty good money. And you only just finished your HSC last year so you'd be under 20? (haha when I was your age I was on about $100/day for full time work)

speednugget

HSC
That's pretty good money. And you only just finished your HSC last year so you'd be under 20? (haha when I was your age I was on about $100/day for full time work)
My award means that junior rates can't be applied to me in a supervisory position. When i do normal shifts i get $17 an hour or thereabouts. So tbh i average probably $22-23 an hour with my combined roster (however sunday at $46 an hour bumps it up a lot).

Ethicks

HSC
At 14 and 9 months I was working at KFC the pay was probably as suggested on here around $6 an hour. With this pay I saved up enough for my first windows laptop.. was such a great moment. I remember only making like $200 a week and working a lot of hours.

Then at 16 I started working at Woolworths which was maybe around $11-12 - That was like hitting the jackpot compared to KFC. I saved over $14,000 from this job in between doing my HSC to which I purchased my first car.

At 18 I started working in Pathology and I was getting over $950 a week from full time work, when working public holidays and weekends this was a lot more. What I would stress here is that I was lucky, living in a rural town there isn't that much competition for these types of jobs where as in Sydney you will have university graduates applying for them to get into the industry. I was extremely lucky to get this job just from the basic previous jobs I had and I was trained up from scratch. Now I am able to apply for similar part-time/casual jobs while at uni and because I have this experience I am more than likely considered before a uni graduate with no experience.

I am completely against people being paid based on their age, I find it a complete joke and it seems like it's just brushed under the rug. If a 14 year old can do the same amount of work as someone who is 25 then why should age place a barrier on how much they are entitled to? People need to get off their the feminism wagon and start talking real issues.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I am completely against people being paid based on their age, I find it a complete joke and it seems like it's just brushed under the rug. If a 14 year old can do the same amount of work as someone who is 25 then why should age place a barrier on how much they are entitled to? People need to get off their the feminism wagon and start talking real issues.
Because we have very high minimum wages in Australia and without this, there would be minimal incentive for employers to even consider hiring the young ones. Without really thinking about the argument in too much depth I think there are various social/political reasons behind it but it's also worth noting that kids at that age usually still live at home and are typically still studying, and if the pay was increased (assuming employers were willing to pay), there would be less interest in furthering their education.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
For 18 year old, i think highest for retail is aldi. Pays 23.40ish from memory

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How good is $22 / hour for a 18 yo?
I'd say that's pretty good but it depends on what the job is. That being said, I think anything over $20/hr for someone fresh out of high school is decent money assuming the job is decent (in terms of role, flexibility, etc).

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say that's pretty good but it depends on what the job is. That being said, I think anything over $20/hr for someone fresh out of high school is decent money assuming the job is decent (in terms of role, flexibility, etc).
Iirc he's in a dev role straight out of uni

Kolmias

HSC
Why slave around in a retail job earning ~$18/hr. Granted you gain customer service experience in the role, but that can be achieved in other occupations. Work as a tutor at Alchemy Tuition and earn double the rate of retail whilst feeling great knowing that you are making a difference by helping others (a highly regarded attribute).

Apply now to become a tutor at Alchemy Tuition http://jobs.alchemytuition.com.au/ and be paid $35/hr. Be sure to use the referral code 33848, best of luck! (SUITABLE FOR RECENT YEAR 12 GRADUATES OR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS)
Stop adspamming. It is come to be most tiresome.

Chronost

HSC
Why slave around in a retail job earning ~$18/hr. Granted you gain customer service experience in the role, but that can be achieved in other occupations. Work as a tutor at Alchemy Tuition and earn double the rate of retail whilst feeling great knowing that you are making a difference by helping others (a highly regarded attribute).

Apply now to become a tutor at Alchemy Tuition http://jobs.alchemytuition.com.au/ and be paid $35/hr. Be sure to use the referral code 33848, best of luck! (SUITABLE FOR RECENT YEAR 12 GRADUATES OR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS)
Because retail experience can sometimes be a better sell then tuition to the interviewer - Long term > Short term monetary gain.

Chronost

HSC
I've seen heaps of people getting peanuts for what they work in some companies honestly. Payroll can be a hard read sometimes.

Kolmias

HSC
I've seen heaps of people getting peanuts for what they work in some companies honestly. Payroll can be a hard read sometimes.
#Capitalism

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)