The Perks of Being a Wallflower (1 Viewer)

rachelstarship

HSC
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky.

I think that everyone should find this book at their bookstore and read it. The only problem is, you can't find it anywhere. I find it disgusting. It is one of the best books I have ever read. I have recommended it to many people, and they too have loved it. You can't find it at government run libraries, you can't find it at schools. You even have to import it from America.

Why? I don't know. There is a little bit of homosexuality in it? I don't know. It should be released in the states of Australia. It touches on every subject a teenager might have to face with. Stephen has such a great writing ability, everyone can fall in love with one of his characters.

Has anyone on this board read the book? Did you enjoy it? Do you also find the same problem as me? Do you agree that it should be taught in year 10 English for the topic 'transition'?

- Rachel

sombespice

HSC
I was able to find that book at my school library when I read it last year. I was very surprised by that.

The book itself is good, however I feel you have to be in a miserable/depressed state to truly enjoy it. Thankfully that was the case when I read it.

My favourite part was the poem. I normally find things like that trite, but the poem seemed truly meaningful.

hilydia

HSC
omgsh!!! i LOVE this book so much! its heaps good, highly recommend

Pluginbaby

HSC
It's currently being reprinted, so my local bookstore told me. New cover for the new movie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)