the pill & stress (1 Viewer)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
this is a weird question and i had no idea where to put it.

for the last while ive been a bit more jumpy and highly strung, as quite a few people can testify. that kinda thing started since ive been taking the pill, about a week into it. i was wondering if anyone else has had the same kinda thing happen to them and what happened with it- does it go away?
im on a pretty low dose pill (yasmin) and i didnt think those kinda problems were an issue with it. but i think i got proven wrong haha.
any help would be appreciated!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
"My husband asked that I quit taking the pill because he noticed that I was acting like a totally different person. I had terrible mood swings, I was very short tempered and wasn't easy to get along with."
http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=165

Maybe some people dont react to yasmin well.
Id recommend you see your doctor az.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
yeah that and:

"I realized that it was causing a major decrease in libido. I never really thought about it, until she mentioned that she had the same problem. We did some research and sure enough that was one of the side effects."

i find that weird too.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm on brenda, which's a stronger dose...i've been a bit more emotional since i started (cried 3 times in the past month, once over nothing, another i was just mega sore, and the other i probably wouldnt've been as emotional normally).

the libido decrease's probably linked to the fact that it makes your body think you're pregnant. i've had a bit of a lower one, espically the last week (also caus it's 'that' time). although i've been more sensitive since i started..had a whole week where i was really really sensitive and my boobies were really tender (about week 2-3).

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
azzie babe

i had that sort of side effect for about four weeks, but then everything was pretty fine. I think its adjustment.

Give it a little while, consult your doctor while doing so, and if not, drop it, find another alternative.

HSC
N/A
I'm on Yasmin too, and it's supposed to be fine... it's a low-estro pill (however it's a "high" low-estro pill... so that might be why). I'd give it a month, and if it continues after then ask your doc for a lower-estro pill. :)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
when i went on the pill i became ridiculously emotional. i would cry almost daily, and i would never know why. i just would. i think it became a huge strain on the relationship i was in, and that probably just upset me more. i went on the pill at the beginning of yr12 and i suppose the stress associated with the hsc didn't help either. i've noticed since the hsc ended i haven't cried at all, so maybe it's just stress & your body's adjustments all combining into one crap feeling, and maybe it will get better once your hormones become used to the pill. but if it keeps going, see yr doctor.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i suppose your hormones are just a bit abnormal at the moment (which is why at period time, or if ur pregnant u get a bit narky)

like everyone else says wait a month or so till things settle down, "if pain persists, please see your doctor"

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
my best friend went on the pill for a month, and for the entire month, she turned into a demon, evil bitch from hell (not saying you are!). anyway i guess it affects everyone differently, if it doesent get better after a few weeks, maybe go back to your doctor and see if you can go on a different pill?

Danoz The Great

HSC
I agree with UIC, I'd give it a couple more weeks so you can adjust to it.

I gave it 3 months and coudln't take any more of it, so I stopped taking the pill

And I know that one of my friends was like Ranger Stacie's friends too- very snappy at first but has since adjusted to it.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
when i first started taking the pill, i became very sarcastic and i was a real bitch to everyone, over no reason at all, and every comment would be snide or sarcastic.
it was fun at the time whilest it lasted. but soon dissapeared.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I wonder if there's real evidence of this side effect or if it's just something that happens when you give women something that you tell them is 'the pill' as it's a bit of a cult thing?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I wonder if there's real evidence of this side effect or if it's just something that happens when you give women something that you tell them is 'the pill' as it's a bit of a cult thing?
well i'm not one to express my "less happy" feelings so freely as i had did.

PMS for me means becoming more affectionate, rather than moody, so it wasnt that.

NOTHING was wrong, everything in life was great and I was content. But I was very upset and it was weird....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well reading some of the side affects... i would say that those side affects would in turn cause u to be more moody, but u guys are only saying you're more pissed off or whatever... no other side affects :/

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well reading some of the side affects... i would say that those side affects would in turn cause u to be more moody, but u guys are only saying you're more pissed off or whatever... no other side affects :/
libido - and to overshare, things i use to like i didnt enjoy as much
boobs grew
i got on a nice curvatious side (tho remaining thin)
loss of appetite
the oh-my-god-im-going-to-die cramps were gone

i merely didnt bother stating what others. meh.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
when i first went on the pill i was very over emotional and bitchy, but after a few weeks my body got used to it and the feelings stopped.

but i didnt gain or lose any weight and my libido didnt lessen either. its an individual thing. i am on yasmin too. used to be on juliet, but yasmin suits me better.

Hanzo

HSC
u no da pill can ruin your body in the long run ...
its more safe to just use a condom !

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
azzie said:
this is a weird question and i had no idea where to put it.

for the last while ive been a bit more jumpy and highly strung, as quite a few people can testify. that kinda thing started since ive been taking the pill, about a week into it. i was wondering if anyone else has had the same kinda thing happen to them and what happened with it- does it go away?
im on a pretty low dose pill (yasmin) and i didnt think those kinda problems were an issue with it. but i think i got proven wrong haha.
any help would be appreciated!
my friend was on yasmin and she turned into an emotional wreck. bitchy, mood swings, etc. it didnt go away.. she stopped taking the pill. but, she never tried any other ones either.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Hanzo said:
u no da pill can ruin your body in the long run ...
its more safe to just use a condom !
a condom can break or be misused. taking the pill once a day as an extra protective measure is much better than going on chance.

and anyway im on the pill for the period pain and really bad periods issue too, its not just about contraception.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
FireFlower said:
maybe you could try one of those progestogen-only pills, but im not really sure how they work or what the effects are.
ummm its really more for more mature women... mid to late 30's that progestin-only pills are used..

cos its just usually not strong enough in younger women

not very effective a contraceptive either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)