the pill (1 Viewer)

killyridols

HSC
i second yasmin
i am 49 kilos with 10D/DD boobs and i haven't had anything close to a zit for over a year
thankyou yasmin

rozymisty

HSC
oo Id have to have DD boobs, thats just like hmm too big, and sometimes looks so fake! I know several people who have had breast reductions coz they were DD and found it too much pain, like mainly in their back.
Im happy with a C cup, consdiering im a late bloomer lol, and I dont want any higher...u can enhance them with chicken fillets (hahaha kath and kim telemovie) or push up bra.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
breast reduction occurs at like G or F cups... ppl with ridiculously large breast.. and those with high risk of breast cancers..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
maybe a dumb question but i've never used the pill. when you go to the doctor and ask to be put on it can you choose which one you want to go on? (ie can you specifically say, 'i want to go on yasmin' or whatever?) or does the doc choose for you.

edit: another silly question (but hey that's what the interweb is for i guess) - do you have to have your own medicare card when you go to the doctor? im not familiar with the whole process, i go to the doctor maybe once every 5 years when something is majorly wrong with me and as far as i know i'm still on my parent's medicare card. i can easily get my own, i just wanna know...coz i kind of want to go on the pill but i know my mother will freak the fuck out at me if i say so, so i want to keep it under wraps from her if i do it.

Last edited:

rozymisty

HSC
Generally, the doctor will look at your medical history, and find out like your history about your periods, and talk about the main reason for you wanting to be on the pill. Some pills are better for those girls who want to treat their acne, others control the actual period etc. I think when I went, my doc just said ok we'll start you on Levlen and ive been on that since.

in regards to seeing the doctor, you could just for hte moment borrow your parents medicare card and tell them that you need to see a doctor, just make up some excuse. And while you are out, go to your nearest Medicare office, and ask them for your own Medicare card. It doesnt cost you anything. Your parents will get a new card I think as well, without your name on the card, or maybe you can elect for your name to stay on their card.

I had the same fear as you, going and getting the pill behind mums back. When she found out that i was hiding it under my pillow, she blew the roof off nearly lol. Which is quite strange since she's on a similar thing i think. But eventually she finally listened to my reasons for going on it. She prob mainly thought i was having sex, which is not at all true, I went on it to control my periods, even though that didnt work until late last year after I had that operation.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Girls are crazy, proper names for pills? Wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. I do support your decisions to use the pill though, it stops me from worrying too.

rozymisty

HSC
One side effect is that you can get uneven endometrial growth.

I am in my 4th wk of my period now, and its been relatively liight up till yesterday with massive pain and bleeding etc. LUkcily i had booked an apt for today with my doc, and she did the routine are you pregnant, had sex etc, and im like no. So I have to get an ultrasound tomorrow morning. THank god its the first apt so I will just have to manage to drink 1L or as close to it as i can. Its so bloody hard to drink that much water in the morning!! But then I go back tmw or Wed to the doc, and find out the results. THe doc thinks maybe its another polyp or even endometrisis, but surely that would've been picked up on the ultrasounds ive had all the time.

So yeah, if i have to see a gynaecologist, its going to have to be one that agrees to the no gap thing with MBF, same with the anaesthetist. Coz at the moment I have absolutely no money to pay for it, and will have to borrow even more money from my brother to pay for the consult.

THe annoying thing about this whole thing, is why did it have to get really bad yesterday and today, right when I'm starting my 4 week clincal prac.!! The doc asked if i wanted a medical certificate for today, but i siad no its orientation so I have to go. And the annoying thing is that I think the faciliator is a guy, so I cant really tell him whats going on can I lol.

But hopefully i wont be rushing to the loo every few hours...hopefuly it will die down, and tmw they can find the stupid problem......

darcski

HSC
I suggest Levlen, I've been on it for a year, and I've had no problems. It's also relatively low does hormones so better for you. And forget the myths- there is absolutely no risk in taking the pill continuously. You're not going to get cysts or cancer. Many people have mysconceptions (pardon the pun) that they need to have a period (take a break from the pill) to confirm to themselves they're not pregnant. The pill works by inducing your body into a false state of pregnancy, and there is no harm in taking it continuously, only alot of benefits, especially for people with bad pain or low iron levels.

rozymisty

HSC
Well it didnt work for me. Sure sometimes it did work a bit, other times it doesnt. My period stoped at teh end of the 4th wk, and so i stoped the Primulot-no point in loading more fake hormones in. I havent taken any more of the Levelen, I am just going to wait till the 22nd and see what the gynaecologst says, she might swqap me onto a different type, one that will acutally work and not make my periods so long.

At least I dont have to have another operation...at the moment.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
darcski said:
forget the myths- there is absolutely no risk in taking the pill continuously. You're not going to get cysts or cancer.
no, some people do develop major side effects thanks to some pills. and you usually dont know what a pill's going to do to you until you're on it...and even then you sometimes dont know that its stuffing things up majorly.

rozymisty

HSC
I think it can have effects for some people. My gynaecologist said that the polyp was probably caused by the pill causing irreegular endometrial grown and coz i had a period here and there coz of skipping a period, it meant the endometrium wasnt getting rid of excess layers.

And he told me that if i want to fall pregnant, coz of what has happened, i will have to go on hormones to fall pregnant. I thought it only took like 3months of not being on the pill to fall pregnant. But then again you can still fall pregnant if you miss a tablet..why else then do they tell us to take the tablet within 12hrs of your normal time?

Im going to see my new gynae on Wednesday and so I hope there is going to be something done about it, coz this period was pill free, and yet i had the first few days really heavy and then suddenly like hardly anything...that is not at all normal!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys, just wondering if this is normal
I've been on Levlen ED for three months.
The first period I had after a full cycle of pills was like my normal period
The second was a bit lighter but lasted as long as my normal period
but this period my third so far I only bled for about three days and now nothing at all which isnt normal...does that just mean my body has completely adjusted to the pill and is now having 'shorter, lighter periods'?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
melsc said:
but this period my third so far I only bled for about three days and now nothing at all which isnt normal...does that just mean my body has completely adjusted to the pill and is now having 'shorter, lighter periods'?
Yup, sounds about right.

Same thing happened to me.

rozymisty

HSC
melsc said:
Yes that sounds about right. It does take a few months for your body to get used to the pill. Even if you arent on the pill, when you first start your periods, it takes over 6months to get it kinda regular.

THough for me, Levelen started to make it lighter and shorter, but not as light as i expected, then it made things lighter but longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)