the pill (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Okay so i'm going to the docs early tomorroe morning, what on earth do i expect?!
Will i need to get a blood test to make sure im all good and well, and not pregnant of course? Anything else?
*Medical history (i.e. what conditions do you have and what meds are you taking)
*What you want it for (is it just contraception or do you also need it for skin etc) so they can decide which one to take
*Possibly if you are sexually actve (to determine if you need STI test/pap smear)
*Explain how it works. how important it is to follow instructions

dior1

HSC
N/A
*Medical history (i.e. what conditions do you have and what meds are you taking)
*What you want it for (is it just contraception or do you also need it for skin etc) so they can decide which one to take
*Possibly if you are sexually actve (to determine if you need STI test/pap smear)
*Explain how it works. how important it is to follow instructions
Have only engaged in oral sex so far..do i have to say this though?
I'm mostly going on for contraceptive purposes, to regulate my periods, and if my skin got better i would not complain!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Have only engaged in oral sex so far..do i have to say this though?
I'm mostly going on for contraceptive purposes, to regulate my periods, and if my skin got better i would not complain!
Its probably best to give all info just incase, I wouldn't worry they are used to talking about that sort of thing so don't be worried. They just like to know where you are at etc.

Good luck and don't worry its over with quickly.

dior1

HSC
N/A
Yeah i guess so. well i think my mum wants to come with =s so i don't think i'll be devuldging that information with her still in the room haha!

Thankyou though melsc, will report back tomorrow =D

dior1

HSC
N/A
Okay got my pills but i have a question.
I'm not on my period, won't be for god knows how long due to irregular periods. the pill packet says start in the red section...is that only if im on my period?
do i still have to start on todays date in the red, or skip to the top of the packet and just start at the top on todays date? tia!!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Do you know the brand, because its easier if I can google the brand (as the info thats in the packet is usually online)?

Does it say to start when you have your period or anytime? Generally you start in the red section.

dior1

HSC
N/A
Do you know the brand, because its easier if I can google the brand (as the info thats in the packet is usually online)?

Does it say to start when you have your period or anytime? Generally you start in the red section.
Levlen is the pill i've been prescribed. i actually started taking it yesterday, hopefuly i've started correctly!

I don't know when i get my period at the moment (so irregular) so i took the active saturday tablet from the red section yesterday. is this correct?
also, if i engage in sex in 2 weeks, i'll be protected yes?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I think thats right, thats my pill. I don't think you will get your period now until you get to the red section again because you started when you didnt have your period. I am not 100% sure about when you'll be safe etc because I started when I got my period....

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
I am on Levlen too and it states that you should take it on the first day that your period comes by taking one of the ones in the red section - normally you should wait a month before you engage in sex after you start the pill though

dior1

HSC
N/A
I am on Levlen too and it states that you should take it on the first day that your period comes by taking one of the ones in the red section - normally you should wait a month before you engage in sex after you start the pill though
even with the use of condoms?
seeing as you're using it too, have you experienced any side effects...weight gain, moodiness, nausea? anything worse??

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
If you use condoms you're fine, just wait a month to rely on pill alone.

I didn't really get any side effects, ocassionally when I go back on the active pills I feel a bit bleh for the first day but otherwise I don't really have a problem.

dior1

HSC
N/A
^ Ahh great, thankyou. It's also good to hear you've experienced no side effects from Levlen.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
even with the use of condoms?
seeing as you're using it too, have you experienced any side effects...weight gain, moodiness, nausea? anything worse??
Ah my bad, it should be okay with the use of condoms since you're double-protecting yourself essentially.

Side-effects wise, not too much - definitely not overall weight gain which was what I was truly afraid of before I went on it but, it just shows that it's not a common side effect on every single person. The only side effects I can point out are 1) gain in breast area ie bigger boobs which is not necessarily a bad thing... a friend also experienced the same with her pill but I'm not sure which one she was using; and 2) noticed more up/down mood swings every now and then cos it happened to my mum for ages when she was on the pill.

dior1

HSC
N/A
My boobs grew a cup size too
Woo! Wouldn't mind experiencing a bit of this :p
I'm really hoping my moodiness doesn't increase, im terrible without any help ha. Same with increased appetite!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
.. so does using the pill make you more moody/PMSy?
i thought it was supposed to reduce the effects of PMS and mood swings etc..?

HSC
.. so does using the pill make you more moody/PMSy?
i thought it was supposed to reduce the effects of PMS and mood swings etc..?

It should reduce the effects but everyone is different. Drugs are funny, they either have one side effect or its complete opposite.

Smokee

HSC
I've been on Yasmin for about 6 or so weeks and I skipped the sugar tablets and now I'm on my third packet. When I was on my first packet everything was fine, but not long after I started my second packet I kept having brown discharge and its been 3 wks and it hasn't freaking gone away and its really annoying!! Do you think I should discontinue use or wait it out incase its just my body getting used to it?

I had a similar reaction when I had the implant in my arm and it just became so unbearable I had to get it taken out. Ughhh.

HSC
I've been on Yasmin for about 6 or so weeks and I skipped the sugar tablets and now I'm on my third packet. When I was on my first packet everything was fine, but not long after I started my second packet I kept having brown discharge and its been 3 wks and it hasn't freaking gone away and its really annoying!! Do you think I should discontinue use or wait it out incase its just my body getting used to it?

I had a similar reaction when I had the implant in my arm and it just became so unbearable I had to get it taken out. Ughhh.
I would perhaps get it changed, I had the same discharge with Levlen and when I started on Norimen it went away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)