the pill (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
yeah I think if I bought the 3 month packs, yaz would cost about the same as yasmin.

My doctor basically said that all the cheap pills are very similar, and it's the expensive ones that'll keep your skin clear.

I'm trialling yaz so I'll ask him about price when I see him at the end of the month, but I'll probably stick with yaz. Haven't noticed too many side effects except slight bitchyness. And it's not a big deal, I've just had a relatively short fuse.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I just bought a three month supply for $24.95. Juliet, I think. Which is a few dollars cheaper than Estelle.

You don't need expensive pills to get the job done, that's silly. I've been on the cheapest one available and my skin is much better than it is without them. Not oily, but not dry either, and no pimples ever.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
who told you this?
Different pills have different amounts of active ingredient in them, some are 21 day, some are 28 day, they are not all the same...
I'm fairly sure it was my doctor who told me this, a long time ago though. What do you mean some are 21, some are 28? All of them keep you on the same cycle, some just provide sugar tablets rather than you taking a 7 break from tablets. Those white tablets do nothing. I just changed (Estelle to Juliet, I think) and the actives are the same.

Why is Yasmin so much more? Is Yasmin prescribed for any particular purpose?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
yasmin is prescribed for better skin mainly and it has low dosage of hormones. a doctor started me on on yasmin though, and i have never had skin problems because she said it was a 'good' one, i eventually went back cos I had heaps of problems with it and they changed it to levlen ed.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
yasmin is prescribed for better skin mainly and it has low dosage of hormones. a doctor started me on on yasmin though, and i have never had skin problems because she said it was a 'good' one. at the time i was happy about it becuase i was convinced it wouldnt make me put on weight. it has a diuretic in it which supposedly prevents bloating. i eventually went back cos I had heaps of problems with it and they changed it to levlen ed. i do kind of wish i could of stayed on yasmin because i wasnt having as bad side effects, i just had constant bleed. levlen unleashed my inner bitch.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
yasmin is prescribed for better skin mainly and it has low dosage of hormones. a doctor started me on on yasmin though, and i have never had skin problems because she said it was a 'good' one. at the time i was happy about it becuase i was convinced it wouldnt make me put on weight. it has a diuretic in it which supposedly prevents bloating. i eventually went back cos I had heaps of problems with it and they changed it to levlen ed. i do kind of wish i could of stayed on yasmin because i wasnt having as bad side effects, i just had constant bleed. levlen unleashed my inner bitch.
lol so that's why I have to pee so much more often now

was wondering

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
scarybunny said:
Depends on the pill. Some have 12 hour windows, some have 3 hour windows. 1 hour shouldn't make a difference.

The info in the box usually tells you.

how i understood that though, is that the window of time when you can still take it is after you normally take it, not before? is that correct. that is just how i understood the instructions anyway. because if i want to make it an hour earlier, not an hour later, then that is not included in the 12 hour period because it does not occur after i normally take the pill?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
how i understood that though, is that the window of time when you can still take it is after you normally take it, not before? is that correct. that is just how i understood the instructions anyway. because if i want to make it an hour earlier, not an hour later, then that is not included in the 12 hour period because it does not occur after i normally take the pill?
An hour earlier is fine. I always think of it like this: each pill stays in your body for a certain amount of time, lets say 24 hours (dunno what it actually is). So every 24 hours you're supposed to take a pill to keep up the protection, and you get 12 hours grace if you forget because they're awesome like that. So if you take it an hour earlier nothing is going to happen except that for one hour you've got a bit moar Pill in you than normal.

I don't even know if this is accurate in any way but pretty sure taking it earlier doesn't do anything.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
is anyone on diane 35? how long was it before you see results?

i finish my first pack tonight so it's only been about three weeks for me. if anything, my skin is getting worse. but the hair on my right thigh is growing heaps slower lol

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
housah0lic said:
is anyone on diane 35? how long was it before you see results?

i finish my first pack tonight so it's only been about three weeks for me. if anything, my skin is getting worse. but the hair on my right thigh is growing heaps slower lol
Diane killed my life, I hated it. Terrible skin and mood swings.

However apparently if you stick with it it does work eventually, I didn't want to wait around to find out lol.

I was just freaked that one of it's functions is to make hairy man-women into normal women again :/ apparently

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
you're freaked over that?
i'm excited at the prospect of having very slow hair growth lol.
but ive got pimples and shit :(:(:(

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
anyone had their hair get thinner on the pill? mine is, i'm getting fucking pissed off at my doctor for not telling me that the pill could be causing it.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
Marmalade. said:
anyone had their hair get thinner on the pill? mine is, i'm getting fucking pissed off at my doctor for not telling me that the pill could be causing it.
how log have you been on and which pill?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Okay, the verdict on yaz is that it gave me mild to moderate PMS. I had the shortest of fuses whilst on holidays (not helped by the fact that my family noticed I was grumpy and made fun of it), and when I was at the airport yesterday I was filled with that white rage that only comes with PMS (so, so many stupid stupid people).

My skin is pretty nice though. I got one pimple all month, which is not bad.

I'll get another script and try a couple more months on it, maybe skip a period or two and see how my skin reacts.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
yes. the pill works by preventing ovulation, when you take the sugar pills for a week its so your body can naturally clense itself like you would normally via mensturation. No egg is released though so you can't fall pregnant.

Last edited:

chamelia

HSC
yes. the pill works by preventing ovulation, when you take the sugar pills for a week its so your body can naturally clense itself like you would normally via mensturation. No egg is released though so you can't fall pregnant.
Your knowledge is refreshing, yet unnerving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)