The Pill (1 Viewer)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
in some cases it can, but it's not meant to, that's a side effect so if you experience it for a prolonged period of time, then you will probably switch pills. there are many different pills with many different hormone combinations in many different strengths. one pill in particular is prescribed specifically for girls with blotchy skin/bad acne/excessive hair and it alleviates the problems, but generally, if you're on the right pill for you, your skin shouldn't go blotchy.

santaslayer

HSC
Maybe the sideeffects are just different to everyone.

It's funny though because some oldies used to tell me that girls with big arses are more fertile. I cracked up. :p

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
i heard somewhere that a side effect is facial hair?

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
facial hair can be, although rare, a side effect. usually it happens in girls who already have it slightly, and then it increases once they go on the pill. however it can also be used to control this problem. again, there are many different types of combined pills, the most common one is a levonorgestrel/ethinyloestradiol combination, but for girls who suddenly experience bad acne or excess body hair, or for those who already have these conditions but want to go on the pill, they can be put onto a pill with say, cyproterone acetate/ethinyloestradiol combination, which can completely clear up acne and such on a girl. Your doctor will try and determine which one is best for you. (Oh yeah, and which one you take also depends on how much money you're willing to spend)

But yeah, everything has side effects, but the pill has many ways around the effects if they occur. But it isn't right for everyone, some girls just cant take it.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
wow you're like the contraceptive expert.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Haha, I'm a dispensary technician in a pharmacy, so yeah, I gain quite a bit of knowledge in there, especially with the excessive amounts of pharmacy literature I'm given to read, and my doctor and I talked for ages about it before I started, she made sure I understood everything about it before I chose to go on it. So yes, I know quite a bit :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
this is gunna sound really dumb, and i prob should know since im on the pill, but since i havent had this effect, i dunno
but is it true that being on the pill can lead to a decrease in natural lubricative fluids?

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
it's not dumb to ask...but yes it can. It can increase the amount, decrease the amount, or have no effect at all. It can also effect the thickness etc. This is because it changes the mucus etc to make it difficult for the sperm to reach the egg, which can effect the lubrication.

And in some girls...lol it's so ironic, but it can decrease their sex drive.

S

strappleberry

hey
whoever it was that said their mum was on the pill and couldnt get preggers for three yrs after she stopped, im just curious exactly how long ago that was.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Im guessing their age + nine moths.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I think your friend was just making a stupid comment that was suppose to make him sound funny and smart...
I mean, the only way is if you see a girl taking the pill...or you could mistake it for a tictac or something...
Why would you want to know whether or not someone takes the pill or not....it's their private preference...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It was more of a badly phrased question, enquiring to the side effects of the contraceptive pill. yulia has proved to be Astoundingly helpful in this field.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Hey, is it actually dangerous for a guy to eat one of those pills... :confused:

Just a question of curiousity

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
nat, i assume you just go to your GP just like any other time.... let them know that you're thinking of going on the pill, and make sure they tell you everything you want to know. which will probably take some time. :)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Natstar, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Basically just go to your doctor and say you wish to start the contraceptive pill. From there they will ask you questions / perform a check up to see if the pill is right for you etc. (They have to do things like take your blood pressure etc, because the pill can increase it etc). But yeah, just make a normal appointment, I find female doctors are the better ones to deal with this kind of issue, but that's just my personal opinion (after seeing both a female and male doctor).

And to whoever had the question about a guy taking the pill (I can't be bothered scrolling) Uhhm...it's not really intended for male usage, but I don't think one could be very harmful, might make him extremely nauseas...if he feels funny best get to the doctor :/

MissGeorgie

Jago said:
I hate to say it but it does. If you're on the pill for 20-30 years or so, the chances of being pregnant are lessened. I read/heard that somewhere before...
i hate to say it, but if you've been on the pill for 20-30 years...im guessing you're at least over 40, and that in itself gives you a decreased chance of falling pregnant. the optimum age bracket for pregnancy is like 18-late 20s. it does happen later, obviously, but from your mid-30s onwards, chances get less and less

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
oh yes, hehe I missed that, but MissGeorgie is right. Your fertility levels start to drop at around 28 and plummet once you head into the 30s..if you're going to be on the pill for 20-30 years, your fertility has naturally declined, not to mention the fertility of you partner. However, there have been signs that the pill can increase your fertility, as you're saving your eggs etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)