The Proposal (1 Viewer)

VictoriaK95

HSC
Hi all,
I was wondering how people wrote or are writhing their proposal. I know what to put in it but I am wanting to know how to start it or go about it.
Has anyone got any tips?
Thank!

hope14

HSC
Hey!
My proposal was due last term. As Ext His is internally marked, I don't know if there is some formula on how to do it but my teacher said to talk about what topic you are doing (a general theme and then a specific question); why you want to do it and how you plan to do it (what sources). So I just broke each of them down and wrote under them as like subheadings.
Not sure if this is correct for your school but I hope it helps a little bit...

What is your topic???
Good luck!

suprwoman101

HSC
They've given me the entire assessment, and I've started basics of the proposal.... I got a copy of a previous Hist Ext student's proposal, and they gave us templates from various uni's to work off.

VictoriaK95

HSC
Thanks!
That is pretty much what our teacher told us but it seems to make more sense now for some reason haha
My topic is Henry VIII and the stereotypes that surround him and how his history is focussed mainly on his wives not his achievements.

History 101

HSC
Hi all,
I was wondering how people wrote or are writhing their proposal. I know what to put in it but I am wanting to know how to start it or go about it.
Has anyone got any tips?
Thank!
Hi there!
First of all you must know that teachers do not expect THAT much in a proposal. Basically you need to write what you are thinking of researching. And you MUST include background history because teachers do not know every single topic. Also include how you are going to carry out this assignment, such as going to the library, using reports etc... Write down what you have discovered so far about your researching topic - back this up through the use of sources.
Hope that helps!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ask your teacher what they want as they are the ones marking it.

According to the Syllabus the BOS says the following about The Proposal:

The Proposal

The proposal should contain:
• description of preliminary research
• enquiry questions
• research intentions in relation to
– areas/texts to examine
– methodology.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)