The public behaviour of youths of 'middle-eastern appearance' (1 Viewer)

g_dob

HSC
An issue that has been on my mind for quite some time has been *insert title*. However, an even today has finally prompted me to get the opinions of you finely educated people ;). Today whilst catching the 333 (express bus) from Bondi Beach to the city a group of around 15 such youths entered the bus behind me. What followed in the next 30 minutes would have made any mature person of any race/religion/colour disgusted. How do I know this? The response of the fellow bus
passengers (ofcourse after the youths had left- but I don't blame them). These guys showed 0 respect for any of the passengers. Giving death stares to both young and old (a man of around 70) and screaming "Stop fkn looking at me c*nt". Sitting on the floor of the bus even after the bus driver refused to drive. Screaming and smashing windows to attract people outside the bus. Shouting obscenities at anyone and everyone. You get the picture. But the thing that topped the cake was what happened when the bus had arrived at Bondi Junction. Obviously organized during the trip, one of the youths, accompanied by another, had punched a fellow passenger (a young French tourist) on the side of his head. I think this was for looking (glazing) at him during the trip. That wasn't enough though, he stopped to shout obscenities at the victim and was prepared to deal more blows before another passenger had physically thrown them off the bus.

I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident. In fact, it isn't.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM? IS THERE A SOLUTION? I KNOW SIMILAR THINGS ARE OCCURRING IN FRANCE AND GERMANY AMONG OTHER COUNTRIES. IS IT REALLY A RESULT OF DEEP SEEDED CULTURAL CONFLICTS? MAYBE THEY DON'T FEEL LIKE THEY BELONG AND REALLY IT IS OUR FAULT?

I don't know.

P.S. I have tried to make the title of this thread as politically-correct as I could! (Although I'm sure some of you may have qualms with MEA...).

P.P.S. I have friends from Egypt, Afghanistan, Lebanon (although maybe this is not enough for those of you who want to call me racist. I myself am an immigrant and I oblige you to check my posting history to see if I am some racist and obsessed with putting a bad light on Muslims/Arabs etc. I assure you, I am not!)

Sarebs

HSC
I come from an area with a very low amount of youths with a middle eastern appearance, rather a high level or aboriginal and caucasian youths. This behaviour isn't typical to one race or anything, just bored youths in general I think.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
send a death stare right back at them. it's what i'd do.

edit: on finishing reading the entire post, hahaha! what idiots!

HSC
N/A
its got nothing to do with being middle eastern. Ive seen white kids act like that. Imho it comes down to how their parents discipline the kids while they grow up. You wouldn't believe this, but when I was in high school a 6 foot Arab kid was fighting a 4 foot 5 asian youth with the arab guys mum wearing a full burqah cheering him on in the background.

The point is, the parents are from undereducated backgrounds, be it white, arab or abo. Its a sad state of affairs but it is life.

banco55

HSC
If you want a vision of the future if we let more of this trash in look at the "youth"
(read: muslim) riots in France.

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
An issue that has been on my mind for quite some time has been *insert title*. However, an even today has finally prompted me to get the opinions of you finely educated people ;). Today whilst catching the 333 (express bus) from Bondi Beach to the city a group of around 15 such youths entered the bus behind me. What followed in the next 30 minutes would have made any mature person of any race/religion/colour disgusted. How do I know this? The response of the fellow bus
passengers (ofcourse after the youths had left- but I don't blame them). These guys showed 0 respect for any of the passengers. Giving death stares to both young and old (a man of around 70) and screaming "Stop fkn looking at me c*nt". Sitting on the floor of the bus even after the bus driver refused to drive. Screaming and smashing windows to attract people outside the bus. Shouting obscenities at anyone and everyone. You get the picture. But the thing that topped the cake was what happened when the bus had arrived at Bondi Junction. Obviously organized during the trip, one of the youths, accompanied by another, had punched a fellow passenger (a young French tourist) on the side of his head. I think this was for looking (glazing) at him during the trip. That wasn't enough though, he stopped to shout obscenities at the victim and was prepared to deal more blows before another passenger had physically thrown them off the bus.

I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident. In fact, it isn't.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM? IS THERE A SOLUTION? I KNOW SIMILAR THINGS ARE OCCURRING IN FRANCE AND GERMANY AMONG OTHER COUNTRIES. IS IT REALLY A RESULT OF DEEP SEEDED CULTURAL CONFLICTS? MAYBE THEY DON'T FEEL LIKE THEY BELONG AND REALLY IT IS OUR FAULT?

I don't know.

P.S. I have tried to make the title of this thread as politically-correct as I could! (Although I'm sure some of you may have qualms with MEA...).

P.P.S. I have friends from Egypt, Afghanistan, Lebanon (although maybe this is not enough for those of you who want to call me racist. I myself am an immigrant and I oblige you to check my posting history to see if I am some racist and obsessed with putting a bad light on Muslims/Arabs etc. I assure you, I am not!)
Should of just hit the cunts

sydchick

HSC
N/A
Teens can be dickheads like that no matter what race.

SucRii

Banned
HSC
If you want a vision of the future if we let more of this trash in look at the "youth"
(read: muslim) riots in France.
Aaaand what's your point? Yeah we get it, they're a bunch of lowlives and they travel in "packs" (nicely put by the way, another word I would have used was groups or something), but you find these everywhere and of every race. Wherever there are kids there are gangs.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Oh noez.
I am of Middle Eastern heritage, and appear Arab...does this mean I'm a shithead kid who violates the security of people on public transport?
NO.
I always get up for the elderly, I thank my bus driver, I pick up rubbish lying around near me, and I exchange smiles with people at the bus stop.

Stop being so ignorant. Srsly dude, enough.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Oh noez.
I am of Middle Eastern heritage, and appear Arab...does this mean I'm a shithead kid who violates the security of people on public transport?
NO.
I always get up for the elderly, I thank my bus driver, I pick up rubbish lying around near me, and I exchange smiles with people at the bus stop.

What is ignorant: being completely oblivious to the large scale sociopathy of Australian Arab youth

00iCon

HSC
Oh noez.
NO.

but you're alone.
why can't these packs do something constructive?

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
Oh noez.
NO.

He isnt being ignorant, He said that some arabs done that. He did not say all arabs.

My solution for kids like this regardless of ethnicity is that harder penalty for juveniles.

g_dob

HSC
How am I being ignorant? Would you not have been disgusted by their behaviour? I'm sure you would have. So would many of my friends of 'middle-eastern' appearance. Obviously generalizations are evident in this discussion. But you gotta remember, life is not sociology! And when you experience something like this, or even witness it, you start to get pissed off. I personally have never seen a group of 15 Asians or Africans or Caucasians or Indians (im sorry thats all visible races I can think of now) so needlessly attack people, with no provocation whatsoever, and to just act so disgustingly prior to finally attacking someone.

I live in Bondi, and this is what I often witness during the summer.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
What is ignorant: being completely oblivious to the large scale sociopathy of Australian Arab youth
No, what is ignorant is this ludicrous sweeping generalisation. The OP is essentially debasing all Australian Arab youth. What is ignorant, is your failure to realise that if there are Arabs stirring shit - they're most likely Lebanese. The other Arabs, including myself, do not want to be bound up with it. What is ignorant, is completely disregarding that adolescents of all ethnicities undertake in such 'rebellion'. What is ignorant, is the fact that you're not acknowledging - from a sociological perspective - that they are living up to the roles and expectations that media and society place upon them. The media labels Lebanese rebels, they'll live up to it...it's their functional role in society...

but you're alone.
why can't these packs do something constructive?
Are you implying that if I were with a group of my friends, I'd do the same thing? You're a douchebag.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I am in no way condoning what these idiots did; in fact, I hate the mulleted fully sick type - HATE. I'm informing you, from a personal perspective, that I don't appreciate the whole 'Arab Australian Youth' take on it. It is about an INCIDENT(s) (not a people) in regards to a group of thugs in YOUR area, which you have experienced first hand...

g_dob

HSC
thank you this is by far the best response so far.

now let me add to this! i simply dont know where they are from... maybe they are leb. maybe not. if you want to play into sociology, you are also generalising that they are all leb. so to are you generalising when you say that all other arabs are fed up with them. but lets stop this generalising BS! you see what you see. and what i see is AGGRESSIVE young idiots who LOOK of middle eastern appearance committing these crimes and acting like complete a-holes. and clearly alot of other people also see this!

what i want to know is. what is the solution? are we to write thesis' after thesis' as we watch public decency crumble at the hands of such vermin?

it definitely is a important and difficult question evident from other governments around the world dealing with similar issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)