• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The question we all hate (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
So 05ers we are almost 99.9% yr 12 but b4 we make the final transition what do u wanna be when u grow up lol???

I really want to be a lawyer but the UAI will determine that one!

HSC
A dentist.

*crickets sing & tumble weed blows past*

lol everyone thinks it's the worst job in the world.

But hey, I get to inflict pain and get paid a lot for doing it. Sweet. :D

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i wonder, will i ever become a lawyer....?

thats what i want to do, but its so hard to get in these days. but if not, psychiatrist.

ggrr.....growing up to become things.

p.s. ggrrr...not in year 12 til first day back
p.p.s. ggrr...new school times

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
melsc said:
people always say to me "why a lawyer" i am like shut up i want to and i find it very interesting...do u get that alot
most of the people i know, don't know me that well. so they don't know. its better if they don't. fail, no shame, success, no shame; win win situation.

but they know my ambition to be a psychiatrist. but they don't know my other ambtition. its better to leave it that way.

HSC
I reckon law has to be the one profession that the majority of the population consider (including me, man i was hooked on ally... :D )

melsc said:
LOL! We all need dentists!
Especially my family! Most members (ie sisters, parents, cousins) need work done and the word is out that i wanna be a dentist....so of course they've all decided to wait like 6 years and get mates rates.

That's what they think...

What is family good for if not for being hung upside down to empty their pockets?? :p

HSC
Yeah know how that is...had braces when i was 10 and had wisdom teeth out last year :( The doctor who extracted them in the hospital asked me what i wanted to be and i said a dentist. Then asked if i wanted to do work experience at his surgery and the hospital like a couple of hours a week next year. So yeah i start next term. Yay! weird coincidence coz he's a school board member. So if you go to maitland private, might see you there....and be afraid! :eek:

HSC
I had thoughts of becoming a computers or even chemistry teacher, unfortunatley the teachers pay is really shithouse and thats a turn off for me
Money isn't everything, but its not enough too go far in life

So finance if I go well in HSC, and I got knowledge of computers incase, and even if that goes bust i got graphics design (very easy too get into ) as my final net too fall on

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I wanna be a journalist, but my secret dream is to be a standup comedian. :D

I'm serious. :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Mathematician/Nanotechnologist/Programmer

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
if i don't get into either law or psychology, i'm doomed.

i can always hate my job and do either commerce or economics. either way i still get paid :D
(not that money matters, but matters if you want to stay off the streets for more than a week)

i think this is for accounting. i hate working with numbers....*shudders* *day dreaming at night*

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
an astronaut
but i'll probably end up either a teacher or librarian.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
OMG. This thread gave my nightmares.

Like, I'm at the graduation and I have coem first and everything and I'm about to get my award or give a speech or something and they ask me what I want to be and I say "Mathematician." and then they kick me out and give another guy the award!

lala2

Banned
HSC
one of my friends knew a guy who did med halfway, then said to his parents he's dropping it and diong music (and he's asian, so his parents were obviously very shocked) and there was another guy my other friend knew who did commece or law or something really up there and he said he wanted to be a magician!!!! lololololololololololololol

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I'm going to do my best to find the time to be a pediatrician/physicist/bass player and maybe an astronaut on the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)