• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The "Resurrection" of 'The Man' (1 Viewer)

slip

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
wow what a great story for him to tell his kids.

Man plays rugby league pretty good.
Sets off to become world champ.
Finds out he's mediocre at best.
Comes crawling back to league claiming
he was the best player to ever play.
Gets a decent, but not amazing contract with some
club.
Finishes off his sporting career 2 years later.
except didnt mundine get the championship at one stage? im probably wrong. mundine is a quality player, and he may have a big mouth but he actually says some pretty smart things, its jsut the way he does it that gets people offside.

either way this is a better controversy for league to be having then anythign else thats happened lately.

yeh johns is shit, hasnt done anythign decent in like 4 years, if newy had given up on him they could kept tahu and kennedy and bought some decent players in, then newcaslte woulda had 5 or 6 decent players, and the chances of them all getting injured is less then johns.

sonny bill is awesome.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
rantman said:
I remember Mr. Mundine and he wasn't that bad a player all those years ago but can he keep up with the new and improved comp?

The game has got a hell of a lot faster and I knmow he's fit and all that, but does he still has what it takes. He's not the most talented player ever, he was just one of the skillful back then. I think it's stupid he's coming back after walking away without notice. Maybe he's scared of Danny Green? Who knows.

The world can be unpredictable and this guy proves it.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i think mundine is a fuckwit,
however i think joey is a fucking mad player, his ablility to read a play and throw a gaming winning pass is amazing, i have watched many games where he was the deciding factor between winning an loosing. his ablility to run at full speed and throw a awesome pass is incredible. he is one of the best players around, it's only 2 major injuries which have hampered his great career

*mel*

bowman said:
i think mundine is a fuckwit,
however i think joey is a fucking mad player, his ablility to read a play and throw a gaming winning pass is amazing, i have watched many games where he was the deciding factor between winning an loosing. his ablility to run at full speed and throw a awesome pass is incredible. he is one of the best players around, it's only 2 major injuries which have hampered his great career
Yeah that's true. I don't think everyone should be like disappointed in him coz the knights are playing so crappily. There's only so much a person can do. Joey's trying...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
mundine was an awsome player back then.... but fittler was better :p

however i dont think he'll fit in with the roosters club culture (infact i reckon he'll hurt the team more than he will help) and ricky stuart would definitely know this and keep him well away from bondi. i reckon he'd be a heaps good buy for warriors or souths tho... dunno why raiders are chasing him - jason smith has been the standout 5/8 this season

edit:
all these talk about mundine v green ... doesnt he have 2 fight kessler first, if he loses i doubt the green fight would hardly be worth millions since neither actually have a belt - green failed last month

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)