The S1 2009 Results Prediction/Real Thread (1 Viewer)

whoisurdaddy

HSC
Are grades roughly ranking based? As in they aim to give out around 30% distinctions per sem

Tim035

HSC
Are grades roughly ranking based? As in they aim to give out around 30% distinctions per sem
They aim to get a bell shaped distribution of results, but if a heap of people do really well they aren't going to scale them all down. I've had a couple of courses where they've put up a slide showing the previous years distribution of marks. It tended to always be pretty close to 10% got HDs, 15% Ds, 30% Cs, 40% Ps etc...

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
They aim to get a bell shaped distribution of results, but if a heap of people do really well they aren't going to scale them all down. I've had a couple of courses where they've put up a slide showing the previous years distribution of marks. It tended to always be pretty close to 10% got HDs, 15% Ds, 30% Cs, 40% Ps etc...
Definitly not 10% for HD

it is between 0-10% for each course...

average 2-3%.

sometimes for later year courses you do het higher %, or with courses that have a silos of different types of performances (e.g. math courses has clumps of people in the very high end and clumps of people in the very low end)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
This thread makes it look like the norm for uni is a distinction / high distinction WAM lol.

Shinji! you were that one commerce student in biomed engineering gen ed, when practically everyone else was a science student.
O:
Somebody else did that gened?

There was actually another Commerce student as well, so there were 2 of us. But yeah, I'm that guy.

No fair, you know who I am, but I don't know who you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)