The s2 2008 Uni Results thread (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
oh lawd i got 3 credits and a pass.

Woot thats an improvement from last semester

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
T2 ACCT2542 Corporate Financial Reporting....57 PS
T2 FINS3640 Investment Mgmt Modeling.........65 CR
T2 GENS8003 Work and Safety..................82 DN
T2 LEGT2721 Business Transactions............65 CR

Term WAM: 65.143 Overall WAM: 63.871 UndergraduateProvisional Academic Standing : Good Standing

1 DN, 2 CR and 1 PS. Not that great, but not too shabby either. Thought I was going to fail at least one of the subjs. ^__^

lil dynamyt

HSC
OMGOMGOMG

I failed a subject for the first time...what happend now?

Do they send a letter or something??

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
if its just one subject u just repeat it. Nothing terribly devastating in comparson to failing 2 or more

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
now you do it again.

in other news, i need 77.6+ year average next year to graduate with distinction. gogonerdstudymode!

lil dynamyt

HSC
Yeah but do they notify your parents or anything? If they found out i would be in deep shit...

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lil dynamyt said:
Yeah but do they notify your parents or anything? If they found out i would be in deep shit...
ur not a kid anymore why would they notify your parents?

Manipp

HSC
T2 CHEM1021 Fundamentals of Chem 1B..........79 DN
T2 GEOS1111 Fundamentals of Geology..........75 DN
T2 GEOS1211 Environmental Earth Science......80 DN
T2 MATH1041 Stats for Life & Soc Sciences....89 HD

Term WAM: 80.750 Overall WAM: 75.625

Wooh! :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lil dynamyt said:
lol, im already in deep shit, lucky they dont know about my other failed subject.

darkwolfzx said:
if its just one subject u just repeat it. Nothing terribly devastating in comparson to failing 2 or more
thanks man...:(

piitb

HSC
It Porb Does Mean A Shitty Job For Life Though ;)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
people have totally wiped out first year and risen upwards to take on honours. Its not too late to turn around your fortune.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
so wat does it mean now, that i failed 2 subjects, math1231 im repeating in summer sesh (already started) and mman1300 (engineering mechanics), and my academic standing is now on referral.

I gotta see some person about my marks, what actually happen now for me?

piitb

HSC
depends WHY you failed. if you worked your ass off and failed, then u may as well quit uni, means your are not cut out to goto uni.

i have seen a few people drop out of after first year, especially students who over achieved in the HSC by excessive tutoring, excessive studying, or students who got into uni by alternative entry schemes.

if u wernt motivated enough to study and failed, then yeah u can turn it around....

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i certainly didnt work my ass off. Mechanics ive always sucked at, and this semester math i had chi mak for alg, and i never understood what he ever said due to extreme asian accent, and blennehasset for calc, i never liked his teaching methods (had him for S1 too). Im doing summer sesh of math1231 and my lecturers are much better this time, i reckon i could pass.

Im never motivated to study, in high school most things just came naturally to me. I guess loosing $900 is enough motivation..

gka2stab

HSC
^ Wow. I remember i had chi mak for a couple of lectures cause my lecturer was sick, and that was totally whack.

Also, Blennehasset is a piece of poop. All he does is walk around the lecture room with his tiny unseeable laser pointing at the screen, reading off that screen.

He's like, pointing at something, talking about it, and im like wtf are you pointing at..

You have to be motivated at uni...else you will fall behind and totally forget everything, and stress during exams..

For the record. Milan Pahor is the best. :D

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yessss, pahor is awesome. I had him for bridging course and for alg S1, he's very very good. In fact, he's too so good that he doesnt need a Prof. or Dr. at the front of his name.

gka2stab

HSC
Haha, yeah. Try to get into his classes if he's teaching. His lectures were always full to the max..
I think the main reason is that he actually writes notes, and gives us time to actually write notes. Whereas others just read.. and you have to rush to write your own notes or not write at all.

I had him for math1231, math2019. :D

lil dynamyt

HSC
I had Milan in semester one and he was the best. Then i semester 2 I had Tisdell and he was just as good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)