The Search For Worst Health!! (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The Search For the Worst Health!!

Hi guys!

I was wondering what kind of language and what the hell this dot point in the better health topic is on about??:confused: :confused:

Outline the reasons for the supression of the immune response in organ trasplant patients.

Do it make sense? or is it just me?:apig:
can you explain to me.

Last edited:

s2ophie

HSC
basically they need to supress the immune system so it is working at lower level and is unable to attack the organ transplant. The body thinks that the organ isforign abd must be attacked.

Sorry thats not well explained but i hop you get the drift...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
when an organ is transplanted from one organism to another , the tranplant tissues are recognised as foreign by the body. the body recognises the tissue as antigen ( a foreign substance) and produces antibodies to fight against the antigen . Thus, an antigen-antibody immune response takes place. In order to successfully transplant the tissue and preven rejection by the body, immune response is deliberately suppressed.

hope this helps!

jims

HSC
u usually take cyclosporin which only acts against the T cells, allowing ur other immune cells to still fight off pathogens.
there r some other immunosupressing drugs available, but they only need to take care of t cells becoz its the cytosomething t cells that attack body cells.

Halo

HSC
N/A
Ie. Cytotoxic T Cells or Killer T Cells or T8 Cells (or was it T4? Heh..).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)