HSC
dammit. if only you did have money....

edit - ticket sold.

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hey merethrond where were you?
i was pretty close to the front, about 2 or 3 rows back and just to the right (crowd's right) of the keyboard dude of the shins

they were good, but i think they're more a band i'd like to listen to live .... in my living room (as opposed to a pub type place)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
johnson said:
hey merethrond where were you?
i was pretty close to the front, about 2 or 3 rows back and just to the right (crowd's right) of the keyboard dude of the shins
I was where the front floor stops and the stairs start. I was standing on the lowest step behind the railing. I could see everything, it was awesome:).

johnson said:
they were good, but i think they're more a band i'd like to listen to live .... in my living room (as opposed to a pub type place)
I thought they sounded good at the Metro. In my opinion, any soft band would probably suit a living room more than a venue. Did you get a t-shirt? I didn't want to lose my spot so I didn't get one until the end but they only had small size left. So now I have a shirt that doesn't really fit me:(. Who cares though, I will still ware it proudly:D.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah nah, i have really bad experiences with band shirts (its a long story, basically i've lost/stained/maggot-ed/vomit-stained every single band shirt i've ever bought) so i stopped buying them.

i really wish i brought my camera, i haven't really been that close to a band before. it was the first gig i've come out of not sweating and without a hoarse voice!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
johnson said:
yeah nah, i have really bad experiences with band shirts (its a long story, basically i've lost/stained/maggot-ed/vomit-stained every single band shirt i've ever bought) so i stopped buying them.
Haha, fair enough:(.

johnson said:
i really wish i brought my camera, i haven't really been that close to a band before. it was the first gig i've come out of not sweating and without a hoarse voice!
Yeah, the crowd was good. I think I will be in the photos that the drummer took of the crowd:D.

Last edited:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
The Shins were uber-good last night, exceeding all expectations.

Dappled Cities Fly opened. i've seen them live a few times already and the rarely dissapoint. They played most of the songs from their debut 'A Smile'.

Being a big Mazzy Star fan i was excited to see The Redsunband play afetr all the Hope Sandoval comparisons. They were tight, great songs though not a lot of banter on stage.

I the front with a few friends, right in front of James Mercer to be exact. The band were really relaxed and it showed. Alot of talking to the crowd and smiles allround. Highlights were 'Pink Bullets', 'New Slang' and 'Caring is Creepy'!!!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I hate you all! I hate being an under 18 individual...it really sucks when a band such as The Shins decides to be arseholes and play the Metro. I love these guys...anyone take a recording by any chance? Do you reckon Triple J would of taped it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)