The Shittest Movie Ever. (1 Viewer)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Macccca
if you are gonna bag the oscars, you may as well bag the arias and the emmys as they are all as bad as each other. :p

if you like a movie/song/whatever, great, who gives if it won 172 awards or got bashed by the critics, its your opinion, have it, like it and dont get influenced by 'awards' and 'critics'.
exactly.

but regarding boxoffice, some crap like gigli can do well in the boxoffice because people wanna see ben jennifer or they wanna see why it is one of the worst movies ever.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Priyant
cant remember, i was only 5 when it was released

but it had something to do with being released in toronto, but then not being released within american eligibility period, when it had buzz

...so it would have been eligible for 1993, but opened to small and to too little buzz...and got overshadowed by other BETTER films.
You didn't like Reservoir Dogs?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
:eek:

Open Your Mouth So I can Spit In It!
we all so brave when seat behind the computer. you remind me of that phycho with the mask form vanila sky, no wonder why you liked it prieyntrr
"i like titanik its ssoooooo good" by prieynte.
romantic prick

Last edited:

Priyant

No, its not about being brave

Titanic is soooo emotional, and great, i hate when people dis it because of stupid reasons.

I am a big film buff too.

Plus, GIGLI bombed, big time at the box office.

And VANILLA SKY was fantastic

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
No, its not about being brave

Titanic is soooo emotional, and great, i hate when people dis it because of stupid reasons.

I am a big film buff too.

Plus, GIGLI bombed, big time at the box office.

And VANILLA SKY was fantastic
so is this about being rude?
by the way vanila sky and gigli failed box office. i cant comment anything about gigli, but vanila sky... i better not say anything.
and respect others choice of films, even though you disagree, some people on this forum posted i hate "bridget jones dairy"and pearl harbour" - the films which i like and i dont post in return sarcastic comments about their choises.

Priyant

right......

Vanilla Sky performed solidly at the box office

Gigli Bombed

Pearl Harbour was crap

Bridget Jones's Diary was AMAZING!

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Long, boring, stupid movie about Cruise...oh forget it! I can't be bothered! This movie was total crap--bad script (especially the end), very dull and overlong...I believe 5 people walked out of the theatre...I should have joined them.

The acting--Cameron Diaz is very good--sadly, she's not in the movie enough to make a difference. Penelope Cruz tries but the script isn't there for her. Jason Lee is surprisingly very good as Cruise's best friend. As for Cruise...well...he can't act. He's truly pathetic in this film...it was almost embarrassing to watch. His character comes off as a total blank because Cruise doesn't know how to play it. The guy has just two facial expressions--grinning or having a slack-jawed "I'm stupid" expression on his face. Hopeless. He's ugly too. Also, he's playing a 32 year old here. Come on!!!! Cruise is 39 and looks it!

This is a total waste of time and money. AVOID!!!!!!!
what did you like in this film? priyant

Priyant

Originally posted by piccaninny
Long, boring, stupid movie about Cruise...oh forget it! I can't be bothered! This movie was total crap--bad script (especially the end), very dull and overlong...I believe 5 people walked out of the theatre...I should have joined them.

The acting--Cameron Diaz is very good--sadly, she's not in the movie enough to make a difference. Penelope Cruz tries but the script isn't there for her. Jason Lee is surprisingly very good as Cruise's best friend. As for Cruise...well...he can't act. He's truly pathetic in this film...it was almost embarrassing to watch. His character comes off as a total blank because Cruise doesn't know how to play it. The guy has just two facial expressions--grinning or having a slack-jawed "I'm stupid" expression on his face. Hopeless. He's ugly too. Also, he's playing a 32 year old here. Come on!!!! Cruise is 39 and looks it!

I loved the editing, and the way that this film was able to sort of present a BLADE RUNNER type hysteria to the screen. Comparing the two worlds or reality and lust.

The scene where tom takes of his mask is unbelievably powerful

I agree with the penelope cruz thing, that she tried, but the script just wasnt written for her performance...shes merely there for toms character

Good review though.

crazyhobo

Bladerunner was overrated in my opinion. It had some interesting concepts, but really, I just found it too slow.

And I loved Vanilla Sky, but it's 2 in the morning, and I had three hours sleep last night, so I'm too tired to give any reasons :p

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Are we still talking about shit movies? If we are put 'Sweet Home Alabama' on the list. It was stupid, teeny boppy and so damn predictable!

dieselboi

vanilla sky is well screened

Originally posted by piccaninny

Vanilla Sky is a very well written story. It makes paradoxes between dream and reality and is well scripted to question the psychoanalysis of Toms character, paralleling the protagonists issues with his own pitfalls stemmed from his good looks that fed his ego as ' the man that could have anything'.

the movie seems to critique the genre-ization of film. it goes frome being a psychological thriller, to a sci-fi film to the ultimate love story, making a parody of genres. quite ironic in the end though when david finds out that sophia is david's ultimate drive in his lucid dream! it also moralises the state of psychology that selfishness can get u in. also the screenplay is quite artistic creating scenes that parallel the level of the plot and conveying the story line much more elloquaintly.

the idea of a vanilla sky is something common man will always wish for. a dream that is in synch with reality, it is all one. David's death at the end is a result of his self-absorbed nature and his neglect towards those in his life. love is it real? he doesn't seem to believe so, but he meets sophia and his ideas are altered but he is too late. in his lucid dream he realises his mistakes and this is a good moral to the story for both men and women that we should be mindful of those around us.

HSC
I didn't think Titantic was a terrible movie, it was good. But using the academy awards to judge the quality of a movie is just stupid.

Citizen Kane never got an oscar, Pulp Fiction AND Shawshank Redemption lost to Forrest Gump, Memento didn't even get nominated for best picture... Fellowship of the Ring didn't get best picture etc. etc. etc.

I just trust the opinions of critics so much more...

Karlee

I think Catch Me If You Can is a great movie. Usually I hate Leonardo Di Whatshisname. but his acting is good in this, and Tom Hanks is great, as well as Christopher Walkins.

You should hire out the DVD, cos the special features are mad, there's a documentry on the dude who the movie is based on, very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)