• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Simpsons creators = Right wing, conservative, republican F*CKS! (2 Viewers)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
what about that one with sideshow bob as a republican through lies and cheating? (ie, he listed the dead voting for him)

does that not say anything?

Read into it if you will, but The Simpsons is incredibly postmodern, challenging authority and a whole lot of shit. Using one episode - of course you'll see bias, that's the point. The writers challenge a lot of shit. But if you've watched enough simpsons, you'd know they're just being pomo?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
there was an episode that made fun of the bushes big time
they mock everyone '-_-

but i was a little offended by the australia collect phone call episode, when homer said something along the lines of "you should learn from us americans, in our country, everyone is equal. nerds are respected for their intelligence... etc"
wtf? :confused:
more like the other way around! american tv shows are what encourages popularity contests and nerd-discriminating acts '-_-
i hope you are being as ironic as that line was intended to be, otherwise you are a complete dumbass

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
if my memory serves me correctly, and its scary if it does, im pretty sure babydoll_ did her EE3 piece on the simpons and post-modernity

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
rofl.. the subtle things.. if u dun get them u should be shot.. shot i tell u

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
someone from the yr before last did the simpsons and shakespeare and i think someone on here this yr is planning to do simpsons and christianity or something.

the worst kind of any side of the political spectrum are the people who can't handle having jokes aimed at them. like today when we were watching john safran vs god and he reshot the gun segment to cater to his 90% pinko audience. it was hilarious even if it was poking fun at my views. grow some balls and don't be such a baby.

on another note the simpsons licks balls nowadays

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Y i hate repubicans...

1) Only care aobut the rich classes (exploit people)
2) Dont support abortion even in cases of incest or rape
3) Are the fukin biggest liars, even to their own people who beleive in them "Saddam Hussien has WOMD"
4) Ne one heard of the "patriot act?" that right, in america the government can come into ur house, raid it and leave it without u knowing ne thing
5) Supported the war (even tho many STUPID democrats did 2)
6) Support Bush
7) Are money hungry assholes
8) Only care about themselves and making money any means
How do i stop?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
you realise that not all right wing people are evil baby eating monsters?

0Jade0

HSC
I hate republicans just as much as another sane person but I dont think the simpsons has political undertones (even if they are owned by FOX) last episode i saw they were making fun of Murdoch.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
shady_03 said:
Y i hate repubicans...

3) Are the fukin biggest liars, even to their own people who beleive in them "Saddam Hussien has WOMD"
4) Ne one heard of the "patriot act?" that right, in america the government can come into ur house, raid it and leave it without u knowing ne thing
6) Support Bush
How do i stop?
i think u described most politicans

and its the simpsons, just enjoy it 4 wat it is .... a show that takes the piss out of ppl

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Lets not forget the fact that the Simpsons often bags religion. Hardly the mark of right wing/conservative propaganda.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
shady_03 said:
Y i hate repubicans...

6) Support Bush
How do i stop?
WTF - not all Republicans are neo-cons. There have been dissenters on Iraq and abortion and not all support Bush (not even outwardly).

And to say all they care about is money is idiotic.

Seriously, if thats the kind of view you have of American politics you probably shouldnt even try to comment on it, let alone how its represented in pop culture.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Grobus said:
WTF - not all Republicans are neo-cons. There have been dissenters on Iraq and abortion and not all support Bush (not even outwardly).

And to say all they care about is money is idiotic.

Seriously, if thats the kind of view you have of American politics you probably shouldnt even try to comment on it, let alone how its represented in pop culture.
*Covers face with hands*

U must not know anything........ they exploit workers, take away their benefits, man they LIVE to make money and to make sure the poor stay DIRT poor

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well seriously, while i could say "ALL DEMOCRATS ARE ANTI-AMERICAN, HATE AMERICA" i'd basically be wrong, because the truth is while some do come off that way, the majority of them are as patriotic as any republican.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Tru. I just hate so much what the republicans beleive in/ ways they act. But they r entitled 2 their opinion i guess

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I dont agree with the views of the Republican party, but to say the things you said is pure ignorance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)