• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Sopranos (1 Viewer)

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
Mayham rated up there with my all time favourites if just for the bit where Paulie is bitching to tony, while his still unconcious. The whole Kev-in Finnerty thing was a bit too wierd in the second episode, but made more sense in Mayham.

After the 6th episode i'm sort of bored of Vito, I hope he doesn't factor into future episodes. But rather just vanishes, and with him goes any problems he may have caused ala furio. I don't really want to see him whacked.

After two years the wierdest thing is how different some of the characters look.
Ginny Sack, AJ, Hugh De Angelis, Eugene Pontecorvo all look totally different.
And meadow looks decidedly hot. Esp at the very beginning of Ep1 if you've seen it, you know what I mean.

walrusbear

HSC
AntonTheswan said:
After two years the wierdest thing is how different some of the characters look.
Ginny Sack, AJ, Hugh De Angelis, Eugene Pontecorvo all look totally different.
And meadow looks decidedly hot. Esp at the very beginning of Ep1 if you've seen it, you know what I mean.
yeah i was going to mention that part
: p~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the weights of bobby and tony fluctuate alot over the seasons

walrusbear

HSC
well only 4 episodes left and season 6 has been really good so far
probably my favourite since 3

anyone else been watching??
the AJ and tony scene in the most recent episode (johnny cakes) was amazing. terrific acting from both of them

AntonTheswan

HSC
I've felt there hasn't been a strong enough plotline, tho carry the season. Its odd because thats the same criticism i have of Season 3. Its definitely had some great moments. Carmella seems marginalized, so does Chris. I'm sick of Vito, and the whole AJ plot is too unrealistic, and borders on stupid. Otherwise, almost as fantastic as ever.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think its better than ever, but everyone keeps dying.

i think we should have a competition to guess who the last characters left alive will be at the end of the final episode...

walrusbear

HSC
really really liked the last episode (about chris)

i'm just waiting for paulie to die
the vito situation has been extended a lot further than i expected

AntonTheswan

HSC
Did you know Tony Sirico (Paulie) had a clause in his contract, stipulating that he can't turn out to be a rat. I thought that was classic, everyone's asking for more money and this guy just doesn't wanna help feds.

Episode ten was one of the stronger ones this season, helped in no small part by the return of Sal Vitro, one of my all time favourite bit parts. It was painful to watch christopher regress, and the reconciliation between JAnice and Tony was great even though you could see it coming a mile away.

I agree with you about Vito, i was pretty open to his storyline, but in three episodes all he's done is hook up with that biker, nothing to do with what's going on in Jersey.

The Sopranos pack heat, not fudge.

done.

pete_mate

HSC
AntonTheswan said:
Did you know Tony Sirico (Paulie) had a clause in his contract, stipulating that he can't turn out to be a rat. I thought that was classic, everyone's asking for more money and this guy just doesn't wanna help feds.

Episode ten was one of the stronger ones this season, helped in no small part by the return of Sal Vitro, one of my all time favourite bit parts. It was painful to watch christopher regress, and the reconciliation between JAnice and Tony was great even though you could see it coming a mile away.

I agree with you about Vito, i was pretty open to his storyline, but in three episodes all he's done is hook up with that biker, nothing to do with what's going on in Jersey.
yeah but vito drove passed satriale's at the end, he might come back. that'd be interesting

walrusbear

HSC
i'm pretty sure the vito situation is coming to a head pretty soon...
very soon actually :p

the season is still going strong. episode 10 was still more good writing; tony at his most selfish.

i'm spewing there's only 2 episodes more. i'll have withdrawal again.
the 'bonus' eight episodes (not sure if they count as season 6 or not) aren't airing until January 2007 :(

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Actually that's a lot sooner than I would've expected, considering how long fans had to wait for season 6.

AntonTheswan

HSC
Finally Vito gets it hurrah! ... And in style, Hurrah! A pool cue goes where a pool cue is needed. Fantastic! I'm not Homophobic, i just hated this plotline.

The last two or three episodes have been great, minus Vito, and like season Four and Five, a major conflict is shaping up in these last two episodes. NY vs NJ finally? Bring it on!

Plus they used my favourite joke,

"What's the hardest part about learning to rollerblade?"
OR
"What's the hardest part about toilet training a chihuahua?"

Ans: Telling your parents you're gay.

pete_mate

HSC
vito was a big earner tho, and he seemed like less of a pussy than bobby bacala

tho he was gay

AntonTheswan

HSC
Bobby might get passed over again (with vito gone for good), maybe for Benny. That would provide a great conflict between Janice and Tony. Can't wait to see AJ at the construction site, I reckon this will be an important storyline. I've been revisiting the last five episodes, and if you subtract the Vito situation, they have been great, slow, but fantastic. I can see why people have slagged this season so much, but i don't agree.

Bring on the last two episodes!

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
hahah i knew the vito detractors would be happy
another terrific episode, 2nd to last usually is

looks like vito's death is just the beginning of a shitstorm
i hope the final 8 focus on NY and jersey

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm still watching season 3. Goddamn Irina is easily one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Such a sexy accent too

Pine Barrens for my favourite episode so far.

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
pine barrens is a common favourite (note steve buscemi directing)

my fav from 3 (and the whole show) is University
the one where ralphy kills the hooker. it's the show that pushes the most buttons. the sopranos had and have never been so hard to empathise with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)