The subject I hate most is ... (1 Viewer)

The subject I hate most is ...

• English (Standard or Advanced)

Votes: 274 46.1%
  • English (Extension 1 or 2)

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Maths

Votes: 87 14.6%
  • Maths (Extension 1)

Votes: 20 3.4%
  • Maths (Extension 2)

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • Physics

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Chemisrty

Votes: 51 8.6%
  • SDD

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Engineering

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Other ...

Votes: 85 14.3%

• Total voters

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
business studies

the amount of useless hypothetical information was suffocating.

I still wonder at why I actually did it.

anomaly

Originally posted by AcCeSs-DeNieD
pffftt.....even if you have good knowledge of english, if the marker(s) do not have the same perspective/understanding as you, you will most likely be denied of your full marks potential since the answers to english are subjective.....whereas in maths, its objective.......you are either right or you are wrong... plain and simple and no hassles about it.... more efficient ;)
EXACTLY!!! :gridnod: but I think of it this way... way off into the future we would probably communicate with alien life form using maths.. english would slowly become obsolete!:p

chait

English and IPT for sure! english was a bigger waste of time than ipt though.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :apig: :chainsaw: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

chait

Originally posted by AcCeSs-DeNieD
pffftt.....even if you have good knowledge of english, if the marker(s) do not have the same perspective/understanding as you, you will most likely be denied of your full marks potential since the answers to english are subjective.....whereas in maths, its objective.......you are either right or you are wrong... plain and simple and no hassles about it.... more efficient ;)
i completely agree with you! english teachers are so biased. how can one judge whether a student's idea is worth 18/20, 10/20 or whatever. every person's perspective is different, and therefore ppl will interpret texts in different ways. it seems that ppl are penalised for having different views to the marker. how can an idea be right or wrong? english is by far the most out of touch subject.

i wonder if i someone will promote me if i recite poetry at work or maybe if i talk about image in the world. english hasn't taught me anything about the english language. it hasn't taught me critical thinking either. it's only taught me to BS about trivial things. :mad: :mad:

don't get me wrong though, it's impt for ppl to be literate and to be able to have a good command of the English language - but i don't think the english course will achieve this.

they should at least only count 1 unit of english, not 2.
:mad: :mad1: :mad: :mad1: :mad:

oh well... it's over and I'll never have to put up with that crap again.:D :D

jessika

law chicky
HSC
IPT is the worst

Although the regular fights with our teacher, could be pretty amusing.

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
ENGLISH (Adv) is the worst by far! The biggest lot of BS (especially AOS). Thank god it's over, and I'll never ever have to do it again.

babyjess

HSC
N/A
omg... i thought everyone loved english :eek:

haha english must die

:devil:

english is the devil...

do you think we could get a teacher smiley to shoot with guns or something creative like that??

Kittycat

HSC
Oh come on

Hey, Physics is kinda fun but English *shudder* and math *shudder* I used to like Math but then it gets bad. :teacher: :chainsaw:
English is basically :bat: and mth is :evilfire:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by wogboy
ENGLISH (Adv) is the worst by far! The biggest lot of BS (especially AOS). Thank god it's over, and I'll never ever have to do it again.
It wasn't that bad was it?
I kinda started to enjoy my texts towards the end of school/start of study holidays...

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
It wasn't that bad was it?
Nah, English well & truly sux.

The texts themselves were good, but I don't like the way your essays are marked how the teachers are so particular & pedantic about everything you write and how you write it. Unlike other subjects like Maths or Physics, you can't just easily obtain marks by showing that you know what you were taught and being able to apply it. With English you need to analyse, synthesise & all that other crap. I'm sure glad it's over! :D :D :p

here_is_now

Doesn't anyone out there hate Studies of Religion???? Aaaargh, it has to be up there with english!!!!

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
arGH!

theh~ everything sux :D :p

the worst has to be chem for me ( too much workload and i didnt undastand a damn thing!!!! or understood it and forgot it the nxt day)

dats y i dropped it loh :D

and oh yea my teacger was a :apig: :mad: :chainsaw: :argue: who had sumnthin agaisnt me i swear!!! datz y i got such crappy marks!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
physics was the worst ... i still dont understand 'motors and generators' and dont intend to

Felix: I

hmm...most my subjects sucked.
but particularly maths and chem. both of which i had no idea what was going on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)