The Sydney Conservatorium Students Thread (1 Viewer)

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Bunny04 said:
Meh i decided against filling out that audition form..
and went back to this state of mind: "I Left SYO a year and a bit ago... WHy? - well why the hell am i going to go back.. - so you see...
Rejoining.. meh..
I'm still in Sbs though. -cough-
How's SBS? I know a few people there - pretty much the bass section. U know James, Liz, Paul

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing syo in the second session cause of my HSC next year. Anyway so are you thinking to go the tour to Spain/Portugal?

BeatMaker

HSC
Syo

Hi! I just got out of high school and thinking of joining an orchestra of some sort. I'm already at a loca community orchestra and thats pretty cool. Just wondering what the standards are for the SYO? I played percussion for 6 years at my high schools concert band and during my last years there, i played the kit with the stage band. I have formal training for drums but no formal training for percussion (expecially tuned). Planning to get percussion lessons at the Con after all the uni stuff is settled.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
wow. so ur a drummer. I need one for my HSC.

'bout SYO. they generally rotate who plays wat. but im sure if u speak to mike at the association im sure you can arrange with him just 2 play auxilary instead of timpani and mallet percussion.

BeatMaker

HSC
Conservatoriums

Hi all!! Just wondering, what do you guys think about TAS and QLD Conservatorium of Music? Anyone know anything about auditions? Is it too late? Cause I didn't get offered at SYD Conservatorium of Music... how sad...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
omgosh!!!

I went to the qld con like two days ago!

they didnt let me in their main concert hall, but meh. i took a bazillion pics, im such a muso nerd

i'd definatley go, i read the pamphlets, it seems excellent!

man you guys are so lucky, in your break you could go and have a swim in that beach, go to a resturaunt or go to the markets, all 1 minute away...

god i was so impressed with south bank (where the qld con is)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hey guys.
Question to those who seem to know alot!
hehe.

If you fail like two, three subjects in one semester.. I heard that you can be 'dismissed' is it true? lol. I might sound like such a newb here, but I got all freaked out after the Aural 3 Mid-semester today. It was hard, and I really don't think i'm passing aural.. (being in the lowest class, and flunking that... Not the most perfect aural score). Hmm.. Just curious. -bites nails- eep!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Hey guys.
Question to those who seem to know alot!
hehe.

If you fail like two, three subjects in one semester.. I heard that you can be 'dismissed' is it true? lol. I might sound like such a newb here, but I got all freaked out after the Aural 3 Mid-semester today. It was hard, and I really don't think i'm passing aural.. (being in the lowest class, and flunking that... Not the most perfect aural score). Hmm.. Just curious. -bites nails- eep!
Who are you? I'm in the lowest class too lol. Or are you exaggerating? 9am Thursday with Marcus Heinsten right? He's so hilarious...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Bunny04 said:
lol xD I'm seriously freaked out.
I'm in that class too hahaha. Marcus is a crack up. Apart from teh hardness of that exam -dies-
Umm, me.. Person in the class lol. This morning.. err... tissues.. Sniffling. yes. -cough-
I didn't take a good look at you :( lol

I'm the loud asian. Does that give it away?

BeatMaker

HSC
Hello all... was just wondering if anyone out there knows what the answer to this question is...

I am currently studying at the Tassie Con (originally from Syd). I got 61.10 last year and didn't make it to the Sydney con. I am auditioning again for 2007 as a non-year 12 applicant. Does that mean they will still look at my UAI or not? Because the only reason that I didn't get an offer is because of my UAI... *sigh* And if it does count, do you reckon a credit avergae of my semester 1 marks can be enough to contribute to my 61.10 UAI?

Thanks all

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
BeatMaker said:
Hello all... was just wondering if anyone out there knows what the answer to this question is...

I am currently studying at the Tassie Con (originally from Syd). I got 61.10 last year and didn't make it to the Sydney con. I am auditioning again for 2007 as a non-year 12 applicant. Does that mean they will still look at my UAI or not? Because the only reason that I didn't get an offer is because of my UAI... *sigh* And if it does count, do you reckon a credit avergae of my semester 1 marks can be enough to contribute to my 61.10 UAI?

Thanks all
From an educated standpoint, I do believe your work in your semester marks will definatley contribute, if not more than your UAI upon entry.

As a actual Year 12 applicant in 2004, the UAI was always used as a guide for entry. I know a student who even got below 50, but managed to enter the Con.

I feel they will look at your UAI but look at your semester 1 marks as well as your audition with far much more weight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)