The Syllabus doesn't say so, but will the exam?........"yr 11 work?" (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Do we need yr11 work?........for eg. white dwarves, Hertzsprung diag., geocentric universe, equilibrium, snells law?
I know-----> "check the syll." or " only whats on the syll".
But with these specific yr11 work, topics etc....are u supposed to suddenly ignore them all?........(it would b good to :)) I also heard u need to kno 15 or so % of yr 11 work............
???? :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
it's assumed knowledge,
hsc physics requires a prerequiste in prelim phys (did that make sense!)

haha, anyway;

they CAN test you on it

i think that's what i was told by my teachers, but rarely they don't. or rather... they build upon previous knowledge of prelim work, so ... half and half?

yes and no
but generally, no?

that's my inclination
:)

maybe you're getting confused with the percentages?
or are you thinking of the new syllabuses (syllabi?)

how they've chopped off 10-15% of the dot points in the modules (for all sciences)

we're suckers though, we had to learn all of the prelim work, while the class of 2004 reap the benefits :p

Last edited:

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
yeah?...........hmm.......prolly i did got mixed up wif the chopping thing ......:)

tieki

Our class has been asking a lot about that as well...the teacher told us that the year 11 work is assumed knowledge, but we won't be tested on any specific year 11 work, for example the stuff quoted by lillaila. This may not be the case for everyone though :)

kini mini

HSC
I worried about this a lot last year and it didn't eventuate. Technically, the examiners are well within their rights to ask questions on it, but with all the material in the HSC course it seems highly unlikely to be asked explicitly. It's quite possible though that you'd have to remember what you learned about waves in the exam though.

aspect

i didnt study the year 11 course at all in year 12

maybe i just absorbed everything, but i dont recall anything from the year 11 course that wasnt used in the yr 12 course being in any of my exams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)