The Syllabus 'learn to' and 'learn about' (1 Viewer)

turtle67

HSC
G'day guys,

Just wondering, what is the difference between the 'students learn to' and 'students learn about' section. I've been basing my notes (prelim) on just the 'learn about' section and sort of ignoring the 'learn to' section but what should I be doing about the 'learn to' section, could ones that have verbs such as 'explain' or 'examine' or 'discuss' or 'describe' be good practice essays (for subjects like business and economics)?

If not, what would be a good idea for essays, I saw a video where someone said to (for business studies) write an essay on each learn about section, for example for Operations, write one on role of operations management, one on influences, one on operations processes and one on operations strategies and so on. What do you think about this strategy?

Thanks a lot :p

studiesofboard

HSC
The 'students learn to' is what you should be able to understand once you master each topic and the 'students learn about' is the content you need to learn about well to successfully complete the course. I also do Business studies. I plan on just remembering a few influences, strategies and processes for all 4 topics which I can integrate in both reports and essays and even short answer questions. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)