• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The tempest productions (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
anyone else going to a live production of the tempest?
our school is going on the 25th of this month (i think) at riverside theatres..

on another note.. productions on tv are strange.. we saw one and ariel was this bronze dude with a freaky voice only wearing undies lol..
i also saw the cartoon version and it was so cute!

Last edited:

cheeky_panda

HSC
We're going there too on that day. I think it's at the same place - I'm not sure where - somewhere in Sydney near Glebe apparently??? I'm not too familiar with Sydney suburbs.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I'm being forced by teachers at school to go to the riverside one...on the 29th I think...

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
we had belle shakespeare come do it for us like this week

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
im going on the 20th :)
shakespeare globe people only does like 5 shows or something, so my teacher was told.

wildtiger

HSC
yep bell shakespeare was good~ ask your teacher to organise for them to come, i highly recommend it =)

we got them to portray a SEXY, FRENCH, NOBLE caliban XD (they asked for 3 adjectives to work with) it was hilarious

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by wildtiger
yep bell shakespeare was good~ ask your teacher to organise for them to come, i highly recommend it =)

we got them to portray a SEXY, FRENCH, NOBLE caliban XD (they asked for 3 adjectives to work with) it was hilarious
we had bell shakespeare come to us too!
one of the guys was alrite looking.. it was so embarrassing when he introduced himself like all these girls said hiiii.. we r like omg how desperate lol
our caliban was carson (from queer eye) excited and perverted... the carson bit was sooo good lol.. n with the cloak he was wearing he kept like rearranging it to be more fashionable lol.. had the voice and everything

ally15

Beep.
HSC
we went to Vallhala cinemas in Glebe. Caliban was on screen and reminded me of Gollum off LOTR..hm....
didnt notice this thread and i made another one on the same topic...oops

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
bell shakespeare is really good!
at riverside the performance is outdoors.. it was soo cold and it was raining today when we were there..
it was ok i guess.. i didnt like how the person played miranda (she was a pretty crap actor) and i didnt really like how stephano and trinculo were portrayed.. i mean i know they r like drunk n stuff.. but wearing a hawaiian shirt and putting on an accent was rather crap..
i liked bell shakespeare better..

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by hyperbole
our school is going too..i think on the 24th or 25th of may
but isn't in the 26th today?

Is anyone going to the one on saturday at Parramatta, or is it just my school that makes us go on excursions on the weekend?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
bell shakespeare is really good!
at riverside the performance is outdoors.. it was soo cold and it was raining today when we were there..
it was ok i guess.. i didnt like how the person played miranda (she was a pretty crap actor) and i didnt really like how stephano and trinculo were portrayed.. i mean i know they r like drunk n stuff.. but wearing a hawaiian shirt and putting on an accent was rather crap..
i liked bell shakespeare better..
I went today and it was freezing, although luckily it wasn't raining. I agree that Miranda was crap. She looked really young though...like a 16 year old. I actually found triniculo quite funny. The creepiest part was Ariel. I think I'll have nightmares about him.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
but isn't in the 26th today?

Is anyone going to the one on saturday at Parramatta, or is it just my school that makes us go on excursions on the weekend?
lol..sorry i meant june

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
my bus went past riverside parra at around 1:35pm and there were all these school people outside.. im like damn lucky my school doesnt make us go on excursions on weekends
i feel like the only person who hated trinculo.. everyone else loved him hehe
did anyone else have to do an assessment task on it? we had to do a transcript of a conversation between reviewers from the smh and the australian about how the production conveyed imaginative journeys.. great fun :|

5c

HSC
my school is going to one at riverside on 23rd of june.. starting at 7:30pm..
nebody going to dat one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)