The terrorism theory President Bush refuses to hear (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Is that why one of Australia's biggest company Telstra needs to be headed by an American? Perhaps John Howard run out of an eligible educated australian to run a big company like Telstra!
They need an executive who had experience running a large Telco. Noone in Aus did, besides ziggy and O'Sullivan

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Based on opinion of who? Only you and no one else. I seriously doubt you've ever been to USA. In fact I seriously doubt you can afford the airfare from SYD to LAX considering your broad generalization of american or america. Where exactly did you find those arrogant american what have they done to you? Where did you find those stupid americans, what stupid things they've said or done you've witnessed?

I will not even bother to reply about cricket, the world's most boring game!

They need an executive who had experience running a large Telco. Noone in Aus did, besides ziggy and O'Sullivan

I wouldn't say americans are better but this clearly shows something that is hard to accept for some people who said such ignorant statement "americans tend to know hardly anything just the bare minimum" that Australia a nation of 20 million needs an American to run its most prestigious company!

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Australia a nation of 20 million needs an American to run its most prestigious company!
and thats why at his appoitment telstras shareprice has since slumped to an all time low

turtleface

HSC
you can't blame sol for everything. he's just the CEO and only really responsible for day to day running. The board and shareholders also have decision making power. and who controls the voting of the shareholder body? John Howard and co.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Based on opinion of who? Only you and no one else. I seriously doubt you've ever been to USA. In fact I seriously doubt you can afford the airfare from SYD to LAX considering your broad generalization of american or america. Where exactly did you find those arrogant american what have they done to you? Where did you find those stupid americans, what stupid things they've said or done you've witnessed?

I wouldn't say americans are better but this clearly shows something that is hard to accept for some people who said such ignorant statement "americans tend to know hardly anything just the bare minimum" that Australia a nation of 20 million needs an American to run its most prestigious company!
I wouldnt call Telstra the most prestigious company. more like the shittest. the only reason they exist was because they were owned and run by the government in the past.

I have been to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas etc just the west coast. On average i would say that americans are more arrogant than Australians - honestly i dont know why you take this so harshly.

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Is that why one of Australia's biggest company Telstra needs to be headed by an American? Perhaps John Howard run out of an eligible educated australian to run a big company like Telstra!
Perhaps Australians are smart enough to know that Telstra is going down the drain...Also we are not responsible for who the government sells Telstra to...they will sell to the highest bidder..

and Aryan...why is this such a huge deal to you? Are you an American?
Your little arguments aren't going to change the fact America is hated around the world...

Aryanbeauty

HSC
yes Telstra has been in deep trouble for the past 5 years with no australian to be able to turn around, they begged and pleaded to an american to help. Thats it.

It is just to counter your ignorant statements.

onebytwo"and thats why at his appoitment telstras shareprice has since slumped to an all time low"

Another ignorance at its best. Telstra slumped to its lowest share price under the CEO Ziggy Switkowski on 21 aug 2006 at $ 3.49. The share price has actually gone up under Trujillo and current market price $ 3.76 :uhoh:

turtleface

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Another ignorance at its best. Telstra slumped to its lowest share price under the CEO Ziggy Switkowski on 21 aug 2006 at $ 3.49. The share price has actually gone up under Trujillo and current market price $ 3.76 :uhoh:
er...ziggy left in 2005.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
sorry.. whose ignorant...typical of a loser.. once hammered they resort to complete bullshit... tell me...where did you get that date?

ziggy got sacked in july 2005 when the share price was around $5 since then it reached a low of like $3.45

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Excuse my ignorance, still you need an American to run your country's biggest company not only Telstra but also BHP Billiton CEO Charles Goodyear is an American. Charles Waterhouse Goodyear IV was born in Connecticut, raised in Houston, and came to BHP from New Orleans-based Freeport McMoRan with degrees from Yale(like George Bush, Hillary and Bill Clinton) and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business...litons-shoulder/2005/09/04/1125772407234.html

I'm not trying to prove australians are stupid and cannot run their own country or companies, i'm merely pointing out how meaningless it is to say americans are stupid ... while you cannot live for oneday without something american ;)

turtleface

HSC
A few years ago McDonalds, Coca Cola and Ford Motor Company had Australian CEOs. (the global operations I mean)

What does that prove? Nothing.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Yes you are right, a person deos not represent the whole population, calling a nation stupid just because you don't agree with its leader or hating american just because you do not agree with George Bush's foreign policy does not make you less stupid and shallow than them.

What make me reply this is I heard too much about australian talking trash about americans, american health system, american school system while everyday newspaper here in australia itself is full of criticism and shortfall of public services in this country. I just read a newspaper in illawarra mercury that the population of Port Kembla about 5000 people shared only one elderly doctor , that is worse than many parts of 3rd world country, then again that does not reflect Australia either.

L i q u i d

HSC
Did anyone read/see in the media that the death toll of Iraqis is now over 700 000? Pretty big cost for "freedom" don't you think? Don't forget about the million+ (mainly children) that died due to sanctions during the first Gulf War.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)