HSC
Yeah.. differing of opinions.
Not Facts.

Two very different things.

Last edited:

Jeee

Banned
HSC
It's pretty factual. I watched a doco yesterday on abusive relationships, and violence in a r'ship is known to sometimes stem from idolising the other + being borderline obsessed.

Last edited:

Jeee

Banned
HSC
What argument?
We're all just contributing to the thread. Wtf.

SairsyFairy

HSC
Where is the study that shows violence in a relationship stems from idolization?

Please do show me, because the fact you watched a doco yesterday means nothing to me.

On a more interesting note,

Bf and I enjoy video games together, thats what we do not neccesary 'for' love but yeah.

katykiddx

HSC
Iunno... I understand your point but.
I mean, if you idolise someone, they can manipulate you into doing whatever they want.

SairsyFairy

HSC
My boyfriend would never, ever manipulate me to do anything I didn't want to do, just because someone idolizes their partner doesn't mean they are sadistic freaks?

I don't understand why you think that every single freaken relationship is unhealthy, and controlling and manipulative if you idolize or adore one another?

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Where is the study that shows violence in a relationship stems from idolization?

Please do show me, because the fact you watched a doco yesterday means nothing to me.
When you 'idolise' somebody, you do not notice the small signs that hint potential abuse. Because a person is emotionally rapt with another, they wave it off, and eventually the relationship MAY become abusive (emotional manipulation, male is protective, possessive etc)

You're a fucking dolt. As if you need an explanation to understand that idolising somebody is linked to being irrational at times.

SairsyFairy

HSC
When you 'idolise' somebody, you do not notice the small signs that hint potential abuse. Because a person is emotionally rapt with another, they wave it off, and eventually the relationship MAY become abusive (emotional manipulation, male is protective, possessive etc)

You're a fucking dolt. As if you need an explanation to understand that idolising somebody is linked to being irrational at times.
And you need help, how dare you insult me.

Your generalizing, not every relationship is 'abusive'

but thank you for enforcing the fact that there are some narrow minded people out there, who think that their opinion is the right opinion.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
And you need help, how dare you insult me.

Your generalizing, not every relationship is 'abusive'

but thank you for enforcing the fact that there are some narrow minded people out there, who think that their opinion is the right opinion.
Firstly, I never said my opinion was the right opinion, and I'm open to listening to all. You're the narrow minded bitch who attacked my comment with: "oh noez, we hav to luv without bEinG critical and idolise". My opinion is MY opinion, not the right one, and it was my contribution to the thread, so get over it.

Secondly, where the hell did I write that every relationship is abusive?
All I said was that idolising somebody - idolise: love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess - leaves potential room for emotional manipulation.

"how dare you insult me"
wah fucking waaah

Edit: The word 'right' in right opinion is a contradiction, because an opinion is relative. Fail oxymoron.

Last edited by a moderator:

SairsyFairy

HSC
Firstly, I never said my opinion was the right opinion, and I'm open to listening to all. You're the narrow minded bitch who attacked my comment with: "oh noez, we hav to luv without bEinG critical and idolise". My opinion is MY opinion, not the right one, and it was my contribution to the thread, so get over it.

Secondly, where the hell did I write that every relationship is abusive?
All I said was that idolising somebody - idolise: love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess - leaves potential room for emotional manipulation.

"how dare you insult me"
wah fucking waaah
You need to grow up.

I'm entitled to my opinion without having you shove yours in my face constantly.

If you need to resort to being aggressive within a post, don't bother posting because it makes you look like a fool.

SairsyFairy

HSC
Right.

I'm simply saying that just because someone idolizes their partner doesn't mean that their relationship is unhealthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)