The Two Towers was a crap movie (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Well, I'd like to answer this question to a degree. (Damn English!)

I thought the movie was.. somewhat lacking an engaging plot. I've read the books and I loved the Fellowship, but I saw the Two Towers as a bit of a disappointment.. too much action, not enough story.

I'm pretty confident that ROTK will be good though, it was my favourite book of the three. Here's hoping!

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Crazyhobo? You are wrong. :uhhuh:

Too bad if you don't want to hear it.
STOP CAUSING TROUBLE! I CREATED THIS THREAD FOR A PROPER DISCUSSION AND YOU'RE JUST RUINING IT! IF YOU DIDN'T AGREE WITH THE THREAD'S TITLE THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE READ IT!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I havent read the books, but I felt it dragged on a bit
battle scenes were good, but the boring bits were REALLY boring

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
battle scenes were good, but the boring bits were REALLY boring
There we go, that was the 'sum-up' i was trying to think of. :)

MindRiot

stickwriter
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
STOP CAUSING TROUBLE! I CREATED THIS THREAD FOR A PROPER DISCUSSION AND YOU'RE JUST RUINING IT! IF YOU DIDN'T AGREE WITH THE THREAD'S TITLE THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE READ IT!
You don't need to go off your head because of someone's opinion. How is it "CAUSING TROUBLE" if a "PROPER DISCUSSION" needs to include opinions from different people? Can't we disagree with each other without yelling, aren't we allowed to support our opinion without people thinking we're trouble makers?

Isn't it being one sided and not open-minded to say, "if you disagree, i don't want to hear what you have to say"?

Anyway, I loved TTT, though I agree that the story was a bit screwed, partly because it's a BOOK and a three hour movie is not enough. The Battle scenes rocked, as did the fighting all through. The characters and actors ruled.

Especially GOLLUM! btw, Chocoholic_Gal, it's Smeagol : )

Generator

HSC
N/A
It wasn't that good. I enjoyed the entish warfare, and it was much closer to the book than the first movie, and gimli and legolas had a bit of banter which was great... Actually, it wasn't that bad.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
What I gave was the counterpoint to your opinion, in the same imperative you used to force understanding of what you were saying. You didn't create a thread for discussion, you clearly wanted one long tirade, nothing but rant. It's shameful to see such idiocy as
But only if you agree with the title of the thread.
not to mention the inherent juvenility of
If you liked TTT, don't post, as I don't want to hear it.
I mean, how the f--k do you expect people to believe this is discussion?

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Maybe it wasn't meant as a discussion of one vs the other, as more often than not people are criticised for stating how they thought that these LOTR movies have been crap.

HSC
Crazyhobo is probably just doing this to get a reaction...

I'm ashamed that he's a smashing pumpkins fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)