The ultimate motivation thread (2 Viewers)

elisabeth

HSC
^ Wrong thread then. This is the one you're meant to be in if you're a bit arrogant or not in studying mode, and you need a kick in the arse or a brilliant inspiring story to get you on your way to a 95+ UAI.

elisabeth

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
The worst case scenario is that you go average in your exams.
Yeah... I reckon I could sit half my exams tomorrow and do average. But I want to do really well. I need inspiring stories.

elisabeth

HSC
Maybe you should post asking for a UAI prediction... or something. Because that's not exactly what I was trying to make this topic about.

tempco

HSC
you can motivate people in two ways - fear or reward.

i choose fear. :)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
fear ends up in paralysis for me which degenerates into procrastination. Nice cycle I've got working there...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
progress is only progress if you are acutally aiming at something to achieve. if you aim at nothing. you are not proceeding to anything - L. Wong

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
I spend more time thinking about how im going to skrew up my hsc and not get into uni or what i should and could be studying rather then doing it... oh and this site distracts me alot. So does food.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well...the dux of our school studied 6 hours a day on normal weekdays, and is predicted to pull a UAI of 100. So....if you want a good UAI (whatever that may be in your expectations) get off this site, delete MSN and what have you (wooh ho! Today's the 10th month without MSN for me!!!!!) and study your ass off.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
lol... i think i've been losing motivation..

i started the holidays off studying 7 hours on the first day.. then 2 hours the next day.. then i went out the next day.. and now i've done another 3 hours.. and 1 hour today.. im not doing very good --"

damn.. it took my so long to do the 2004 HSC maths paper... was it extremely hard or what ? lol.. im scared..

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
you've got this far. don't run out of steam. don't waste what you've done already. that's what i'm trying to tell myself anyway....

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Fear is by far my biggest motivation.

BoS plays a big part - 18 days left, 17 days left... *Cringe*

Counterfeit

HSC
I like this thread... well i like the concept.. it kind of died around post 2...

anway
motivation
right
well

Put forward your worst case scenario and best case scenario, im sure you will scare your self into studying:

If i go shit i'm going to be stuck at home and have to go to UoW to do a course i really don't want to do, while living at home with my parents contantly telling me

"oh, u failed your HSC, after all that money we wasted on you to go to that school,why, why did u do this to us!! WHY!! No going out for you, you don't deserve freedom because youre not resposible. We gave you freedom to choose your own way of studying for the HSC and look what it got you. You are under house arrest. You will live at home till your 40 because you failed your HSC so noone will love you, and you will get a crap job, and you will be poor and not loved and miserable for eternity! did u hear me? ok i'll start again...."

If i get off my arse and study i WILL go well, get into my desired course, be able to move out of home, have some freedom and live happily forever after! Yay for me!!

Inspired? I Kind of am. Yay off to tackle the chemistry!!!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
^mate i take it you're asian....same case with me.

i think what really motivates me is thinking:

"you've waited 12/13 years of your school life to come to this. don't give up now, because that 13years would be a complete waste. give it all you got, then you can say it made all the difference."
force yourself to study if you're not able to or you can't concentrate. im trying that. ive been losing a little motivation too. i started last monday off with 7hrs, then 6, then 4, then hardly anything, then 5 1/2. hope i keep improving..fingers crossed. stupid hsc.

yabby

HSC
remove all distractions!

Where the hell are those miracle stories

like Zahu who migranted to Sydney when she was 18 and did the hsc after being in australia for only 3 months...she got an estimated school mark (average) and studied the hell out of last couple of weeks before the hsc and got a 90+ uai

stories like that! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)