The Umat Results 2012. (2 Viewers)

Alkanes

HSC
Yeah, and I know a guy with 30 atar, 70 umat and made it into usyd...

First off, only 2-3 people in UNSW med have an ATAR less than 99. And even then, they need a umat > like 97%ile. don't automatically believe someone else scores.
Yes. It is extremely rare for some people to make it into UNSW med with below standard cut off.

If anyone went to the UNSW med lecture this year at open day, the guy was saying the average atar was around 99.60+

Supergirl22

HSC
me three. ill get the ATAR (93.50?) quite easily but the UMAT is whats killing me. i want my results already. im so impatient
Yeah, i know i can get that too. Ha ha, i would not be able to get late 90s ATAR. I'm worried about UMAT results, cause i found Section 1 really difficult. I don't think i'll be able to concentrate on anything until the results are out. Lol, i wanted to know how i went straight after i did the exam. I'm sick of waiting. :(

mike12345678

HSC
Yes. It is extremely rare for some people to make it into UNSW med with below standard cut off.

If anyone went to the UNSW med lecture this year at open day, the guy was saying the average atar was around 99.60+
LMAOO i always hear this and its so depressing :(

deswa1

HSC
LMAOO i always hear this and its so depressing :(
Honestly though, UNSW med is VERY hard to get into- very few people actually appreciate just how hard it is. There are lots of other unis though that are easier than UNSW. Are you applying for interstate unis etc.?

Alkanes

HSC
Honestly though, UNSW med is VERY hard to get into- very few people actually appreciate just how hard it is. There are lots of other unis though that are easier than UNSW. Are you applying for interstate unis etc.?
Yes I agree with you. A lot of people underestimate the difficulty of getting into UNSW or med in general.

mike12345678

HSC
i want to get my UMAT results back then i go and finish the uac application properly. im not sure about intertstate but i guess if i can get in then ill go for it.

do interstate unis go in the uac application and count as one of the 9 preferences?

lvella10

HSC
i want to get my UMAT results back then i go and finish the uac application properly. im not sure about intertstate but i guess if i can get in then ill go for it.

do interstate unis go in the uac application and count as one of the 9 preferences?
I'd like to know that too. For interstate preferences do we apply through uac somehow, or via other states admission centres such as vtac etc?

Henray

HSC
As far as I know, interstate requires the particular state's own admission centres, and will not count toward UAC's 9 preferences.

lvella10

HSC
As far as I know, interstate requires the particular state's own admission centres, and will not count toward UAC's 9 preferences.
Thanks :) Guess that's somewhat beneficial, for those whom have preferences other than med :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)