The Umat Results 2012. (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Overall - 51
Percentile -48

Will this have a chance at any uni?

Note -My ATAR estimate from school was >99.5 since i came rank 1 in everything. (hoping ATAR can somehow balance out crap UMAT?)
Griffith, JCU, USyd.

Evening all..

In second year of Uni, have a GPA of 5.7, WAM of 77 and ATAR of 94.

UMAT results: 46. 46. 68.

Any chance of an interview at UWS (in area)??
Wow, we have around all the same marks.

Except UMAT.

Better luck next year? :/ (I'll probs do it next year too. :/)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
For me:
Section 1: 64
Section 2: 39
Section 3: 54

Overall Score: 52
Percentile Rank: 53
It's strange that I found a valid pattern in every question in section 3 but apparently half of them were probably wrong...seems legit. If I had 50 for section 2, I'd have a decent chance at UNCLE.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
For me:

It's strange that I found a valid pattern in every question in section 3 but apparently half of them were probably wrong...seems legit. If I had 50 for section 2, I'd have a decent chance at UNCLE.
know that feel.

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
urgh what i really HATE is that there are so many people out there (med students, etc) who takes UMAT for fun and ended up getting 99th percentile when they dnt even need it, while we school leavers get like 0-20. THEY'RE THE REASON WHY WE GET 0-20. DAMN THEM TO HELL :(

deswa1

HSC
urgh what i really HATE is that there are so many people out there (med students, etc) who takes UMAT for fun and ended up getting 99th percentile when they dnt even need it, while we school leavers get like 0-20. THEY'RE THE REASON WHY WE GET 0-20. DAMN THEM TO HELL :(
Ummm... I'm pretty sure the reason you go 0-20 wasn't because of people who just did the test for fun but simply because you didn't do well in the test (it sounds harsh but its true). The amount of people that would do it for lols would be SO small and even then there's no reason why they'd beat you because they wouldn't have studied for it. Plus I don't think med students and stuff are counted together with undergrad but I could be wrong here

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
"i hate people that are intuitively able to complete this test while i am not able to but need to so i can get money and bitches"

you're the reason you get 0-20 idiot

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
med students don't take umat for fun
i know at least 5 that do. and i know that's not an excuse for why i did so bad but wouldnt you be annoyed too if someone keeps repeating and top the course?

"i hate people that are intuitively able to complete this test while i am not able to but need to so i can get money and bitches"

you're the reason you get 0-20 idiot
last time i checked a med degree costs a fortune so i honestly dont get it when people say im doing it purely for the money or for the reputation. why do you do law then? lawyers are respectable people in society too.

deswa1

HSC
last time i checked a med degree costs a fortune so i honestly dont get it when people say im doing it purely for the money or for the reputation. why do you do law then? lawyers are respectable people in society too.
Med degree costs what- $50k for the degree? How much do you earn when you get out? That's why people do it for the money

HSC
Uni Grad
i hope you realise that none of this affects your chances at a place in med

if hundreds keep on repeating umat and get all the top percentiles but don't actually take the place in med school then umat cutoffs will simply go down to get enough students to fill the cohort

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
So you are angry at people that beat you fair and square in a test

Ok

Alkanes

HSC
Don't think many people would just fork out 200 bucks and waste 3+ hours of a day just to do a test for fun lol.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
stop being retarded.

If only people that aren't applying to unis get above the 50th percentile then the cutoffs will obviously lower to below that at most places.

Supply and demand.

Don't be retarded. No wonder you did shit, you have no fucking common sense or logic at all.

Idiot.

i hope you realise that none of this affects your chances at a place in med

if hundreds keep on repeating umat and get all the top percentiles but don't actually take the place in med school then umat cutoffs will simply go down to get enough students to fill the cohort
!!!!

Don't think many people would just fork out 200 bucks and waste 3+ hours of a day just to do a test for fun lol.
a few people do it just to see the testing style and how they go compared to others

But not many

And it wouldn't effect anyone else doing the test in the slightest.

funkiirose

HSC
i just received my results however i don't understand a thing they've written. these a whole heap of graphs and scores. can some explain to me how the you get your head around these results?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i just received my results however i don't understand a thing they've written. these a whole heap of graphs and scores. can some explain to me how the you get your head around these results?
Write your individual section scores, overall score, and percentile here and we will tell you what to expect med-wise.

alexobern

HSC
A friend of mine got 98%ile with a score of 68 (i think) and a predicted atar of 98, will this be enough for an interview at UNSW?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)