The UNSW bus queue at Eddy Ave (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao, I quite agree with DraconisV. Seriously the crappy machines used on Sydney buses haven't changed a single bit for all these years.

Whereas the rest of the world - USA, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong. We just wave a card with an electronic chip over a card strip, and whoosh within less than a second it's a beep, and you can walk past the barriers in Subways. Plus we can use it for Trains, ferries, 7-Elevens, food stores, and practically anything. Here in Sydney, lol lol, you pay separately for every damn thing, only best invention being the Travel Pass. (But machines here are still crap)

DraconisV said:
If I get to the bus stop at Eddy ave and have to wait a long time and then have to wait for some stupid idiot to move from the right queue to the left because they are to stupid to have travel tens I will snap. It pisses me off at how long hte machine takes to do the whole ticket thing. its goes in real fast and then takes an eternity to come out, i move up to it, and keep moving, put my ticket in, keep moving and then have to stop because the machine is a lump of crap. Oh well theres my rant about the crap buses.

Also about the investigators, I don't care about fine evasion(mr travelpass is all sorted and dipped :).). I just don't want them holding up the line.
Btw i'm getting an earlier train tomorrow that'll get me to eddy ave by about 5 past 8.

If your there then, hehe, i might see you, if you displayed you BoS username above your head. :)

Chris.
Lol, Neb I once placed my card in my wallet full of other cards, and like at every station, no machine can read my car. xD Looks like it depends on the type of card you get:wave:

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Frigid said:

and bloody hell people, it's much easier to catch the Circular Quay buses from Anzac Pde to Museum and do a one-stop train-hop to Central than wait for the 891's that never come...
So true. Or even walk to town hall.. only takes bout 5min. Better than standing around for half an hour. I caught it on tuesday 6pm rush.. the bus came, got on straight away compared to the people waiting for the central bus that probably had to wait about 3 more buses to get on.

stephenchow

HSC
I dont know about you guys, but I just think the queues before 9 are pretty long (but they move pretty fast) but after that their alright and 891 buses do come like less than 5 minutes so i think you guys are pretty impatient.

Raginsheep

HSC
Face it, you get up early for the 9am lecture and theres a 10min wait for the bus where you just stand around twiddling your thumbs. Its annoying.

wind

HSC
Had a bus driver that floored the bus and ran red lights. Got the few of us (think it was 5 people on) to uni in 10 minutes of so :)

Anyways, public transport usually behaves when I'm around lol.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
wind said:
Anyways, public transport usually behaves when I'm around lol.
Same here. Today I caught a 393 in the morning and it skipped like all the stops from Eddy Avenue to Sydney Boys High cause the bus was 'full' but in reality only had people bunched up from the front to the middle doors and I guess the driver couldn't see far enough to shout "move down".
Sucked in to all those Elizabeth and Cleveland St people.

Rekkusu

HSC
Frigid said:
yes, it's funny how the Octopus Card is made by an Australian company.

and bloody hell people, it's much easier to catch the Circular Quay buses from Anzac Pde to Museum and do a one-stop train-hop to Central than wait for the 891's that never come...
Omg...Frigid are you serious?? Omg....I don't believe how crap our transport system is...

Lol, it's funny also, when I went to Watson's Pharmacy I found some totally spiffy medications (like Zyrtec) that were sold by that Schol & Plough company that's situated in Baulkham Hills, and yet like here in Australian Pharmacies, they don't even sell the stuff they make!! :burn::burn::burn::burn:

Lol I could go on and on, even onto the food CitySuper sells...

Anyhow I better stop abit, lol, I love how some bus drivers just rush through the red lights, take the express lane that runs along Anzac parade, and non-pick-up anyone attitude, makes me really want to say to the bus driver: Youv'e done the bloody right thing mate!

Though psst, we shouldn't advertise to people here to catch those other buses, otherwise we'll get crowded down badly when catching those 397s, etc... ;)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Omg...Frigid are you serious?? Omg....I don't believe how crap our transport system is...

Lol, it's funny also, when I went to Watson's Pharmacy I found some totally spiffy medications (like Zyrtec) that were sold by that Schol & Plough company that's situated in Baulkham Hills, and yet like here in Australian Pharmacies, they don't even sell the stuff they make!! :burn::burn::burn::burn:

Lol I could go on and on, even onto the food CitySuper sells...

Anyhow I better stop abit, lol, I love how some bus drivers just rush through the red lights, take the express lane that runs along Anzac parade, and non-pick-up anyone attitude, makes me really want to say to the bus driver: Youv'e done the bloody right thing mate!

Though psst, we shouldn't advertise to people here to catch those other buses, otherwise we'll get crowded down badly when catching those 397s, etc... ;)
i was just thinking whether the octopus card would work in such a big city such as sydney
as hong kong is small geographically, im not so sure whether implementing the octopus system would be more efficient here

Raginsheep

HSC
Well I do know that something IS being implemented here. I've already seen a number of buses with the new type of machines and some private company have been using them for ages now.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
didnt they already have cashless buses already?
that would be the first step
now they would have to slowly overtake the conventional method of cashiers

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Brisbane is implementing a new card-based thing that involves topping up a card with credit, waving it in front of a machine when you get on the train/bus/ferry, and waving when you get off, reducing the credit on the card in the process. Brilliant idea, will all but get rid of fare evasion, and has convenience to boot.

Raginsheep

HSC
Thats the system we're talking about. Overseas, I can just wack my wallet next to the machine and it'll detect the travelpass without me having to take it out. I've seen others just hit the machine with their purse/bag and its done.

For buses, its one flat rate but for trains, it calculates fairs depending on where you get on and off.

Rekkusu

HSC
Raginsheep said:
Thats the system we're talking about. Overseas, I can just wack my wallet next to the machine and it'll detect the travelpass without me having to take it out. I've seen others just hit the machine with their purse/bag and its done.

For buses, its one flat rate but for trains, it calculates fairs depending on where you get on and off.
That's right Raginsheep, same for Dumsum. That's actually the concept of Octopus used in Hong Kong (Similar to Singapore, as well as in Japan). Fare Evasion practically does not exist for users having those cards, so long as every exit/entry has those machines as barriers, and doesn't have that open-gate like CityRails for old people.

Damn, I think we should make a radical group or something, or start spamming the suggestions box in 131500, it will speed up bus/train/ferry queues so much!! Lol, believe it or not, this card can also be used for paying Parking Fares, as well as in Charged Carparks/Big shopping centres.

jemsta said:
im not so sure whether implementing the octopus system would be more efficient here
That's true :) But with John Howard's gift voucher of $4000 to every baby born, 15-20 years later, Sydney might be boosting with overpopulation. And it's never too late to implement such a system, since Sydney won't remain a unpopulated city for long.

The only reason HK, and most of our Asian countries are so high-tech is because it's overpopulated, imagine the amount of people in say Tokyo being in Sydney...our buses would be so slow to process the no. of people getting on the bus with those crappy machines that takes 3 seconds, let alone asking whether one bus can move up the queue alittle.

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
Read todays SMH regarding an expert's plan for Sydney's transport system.

Rekkusu

HSC
o_O Sorry >< I've gone off from reading any newspapers unless if it's free like given on an airline...or on the daily telegraph offer :) Do you have the url link?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Thessalonius said:
LOL, just this week, the busline to Central was further than the eye could see. It's the worst I've seen it. At least you got a bus that goes to Museum.
dw. next week. ppl start skipping lectures. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)