The UNSW Mathematics Society welcomes you to UNSW (1 Viewer)

TheStallion

HSC
Mathsoc is just people talking about maths. They don't even have proper parties/events and you never see them at the bar drinking.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I would like to see Mathsoc divide by 0 (within the R set) and get a result other than infinity (or undefined). Boom tish.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Just figured out who Edward Zhang is, lol.

That guy is secretary? every actl tute he always brought up hong kong for some reason

Aplus

HSC
N/A
What do you even do in Maths Society? Do maths all day?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
what actually goes on in mathsoc other than the obvious

the guy there just told me 'well we help each other out with math questions...'

We're trying to make it a social club... not just a "help with your maths homework" club as it is perhaps seen.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mathsoc is just people talking about maths. They don't even have proper parties/events and you never see them at the bar drinking.
A few of us were drinking at the bar on Monday. (I'm an associate member.)

jamesfirst

HSC
I was like

"what does this society do"

they reply "nothing"

*automatically signs up.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Sigh.

Unfortunately, in Australia, even on a forum dedicated to tertiary studies, academics and intellectuals are taunted by morons.

I'm sure you'll probably say something like "it's just a joke", and hordes of imbeciles who find a six second Youtube clip from the Simpsons to be the height of comedy will come to your defense.

It's this kind of attitude which causes people to see Australia as an oceanic backwater populated by uncultured bogans.
so how's the weather in your ivory tower contributing nothing to society

TheStallion

HSC
Mathsoc has no events. None that i've ever seen anyway.

Would be a much better society if they actually had some good events.

mash121

HSC
i join societies in order to get free bbq and pizza, mathsoc is kinda new i think they started late last year, i think they will have some events in the future.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
How would I go about joining after oweek?
umm... you can come talk to any of the executives (not me)

Does MATHSOC have dodge ball events!?
sounds like a plan.

Mathsoc has no events. None that i've ever seen anyway.

Would be a much better society if they actually had some good events.
I think it'd be a better society if we had events, period. Unfortunately, I don't know what the Executive is doing and we have an election in four weeks time - where hopefully we'll get new, fresh leadership who have a plan on what they want to happen. And I hope that includes more events.

An annual general meeting and a sausage sizzle in the past like... seven months. That's all we've had.

i join societies in order to get free bbq and pizza, mathsoc is kinda new i think they started late last year, i think they will have some events in the future.
We better have events in the future or we'll be reduced to a glorified homework help club.

IamBread

HSC
umm... you can come talk to any of the executives (not me)

sounds like a plan.

I think it'd be a better society if we had events, period. Unfortunately, I don't know what the Executive is doing and we have an election in four weeks time - where hopefully we'll get new, fresh leadership who have a plan on what they want to happen. And I hope that includes more events.

An annual general meeting and a sausage sizzle in the past like... seven months. That's all we've had.

We better have events in the future or we'll be reduced to a glorified homework help club.
We'll have events!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)