The UNSW Textbook Buy/Sell Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s5097

HSC
Buying
Calculas one and several variables + Wileyplus 10ED by Salas

principles of actuarial science custom publication by Sherris

Fundamentals of Corporate Finance + MyFinanceLab + eBook by Berk et al

Please PM me, thank you

Last edited:

Iced-coffee

HSC
Buying

ECON1202
ECON1401
FINS1612
FINS3616

Selling (not sure if it is outdated, anyways - but it was the perscribed textbooks for 2012)

ACCT1501 - Financial accounting an integrated approach 4th edition (Trotman and Gibbins)
ECON1101 -Principles of micreconomics 3rd edition (Frank, Jennings and Bernanke)
MGMT1001 - Custom textbook (Complied from management 6th edition Robbinss, bergman, stagg and coulter) and organisational bejaviour 6th edition (Robbins, judge, millett and boyle)
ECON1102- Principles of macroeconomics 3rd edition (Bernanke, olekalns, frank)
(Forgot the course code but the course is Business and economic statistics - statistics for management and economics 9th edition - gerald keller (slight scratches on cover)
LEGT1710 -Australian business law 31st edition 2012 (paul latimer)

tambam

HSC
Selling: 1st year Commerce textbooks
(Note: Mostly old editions, hence really cheap - see the individual notes for each. From personal experience, old editions are completely fine, & you save a hell of a lot of money - I relied solely on textbooks because I didn't attend lectures and am currently sitting on an HD WAM)

ECON1203 (8E) - $40
I used this as an old edition, and actually compared this page by page to the latest edition. The content is identical, they just split one chapter into 2. Brand new condition.

MGMT1001 (1E) - $40
Got scammed by the lecturer into buying the latest edition - its a custom UNSW publication so they earn heaps from it. They just change the order of the chapters around each year so that they can sell it as a completely new book. Brand new condition.

ECON1101 (2E) - $10
I used this as an old edition too. Content is identical, only the chapter end Qs are slightly different. The cover is in average condition, but actual pages are fine.

MARK1012 (5E Ebook) -$20
Latest edition. This is the virtual copy of the Marketing textbook - identical content, accessible online or downloadable 1 chapter at a time onto an iPad. I bought the login stuff off a friend for $40, and its valid til July this year (After sem 1 exams finish).

ACCT1501 (4E) - $30
No idea if this one is still alright to use, should probably check with your lecturer first. Though this is the worst textbook i've come across, so if they found a way to improve it you should definitely get the new edition instead.

Please PM me if you're interested- Can send pics on request

Last edited:

Misery1

HSC
Looking to buy the following textbooks for my courses:
MATH1131 - (Calculus One & Several Variables + WileyPLUS 10ED) and (Calculus One & Several Variables 10ED Student Solutions PACK) author:Salas
MATH1081 - (Discrete Mathematics with Applications 4ed ) author:Epp Susana and (PROOF IN MATHEMATICS AN INTRODUCTION) author:Franklin & Daoud)
ENGG1000 - (Engineering Design A Project Based Introduction 3E) author:Dym

PM me to discuss prices!

D94

HSC
N/A
Looking to buy the following textbooks for my courses:
MATH1131 - (Calculus One & Several Variables + WileyPLUS 10ED) and (Calculus One & Several Variables 10ED Student Solutions PACK) author:Salas
MATH1081 - (Discrete Mathematics with Applications 4ed ) author:Epp Susana and (PROOF IN MATHEMATICS AN INTRODUCTION) author:Franklin & Daoud)
ENGG1000 - (Engineering Design A Project Based Introduction 3E) author:Dym

PM me to discuss prices!
You won't need this one. TBH, you won't "need" a textbook for any of those subjects. You are given course notes which are sufficient enough to achieve D/HD. The main thing is to do the questions/problem sets. I guess Calculus One and Several Variables may come in use if you are doing a maths major, but you won't "need" it for MATH1131.

Bec Johnston

HSC
Looking to BUY!!

ECON1101: Principles of Microeconomics 3ED, Edition: 3E
ACCT1501: Financial Accounting An Integrated Approach with Student, Edition: 5E13
GEOS1701: Elemental Geosystems with Mastering Geography, Author: Christopherson Robert W

also a textbook for BIOS1301 but it didn't come up when I searched, does it have a textbook?

Last edited:

Misery1

HSC
You won't need this one. TBH, you won't "need" a textbook for any of those subjects. You are given course notes which are sufficient enough to achieve D/HD. The main thing is to do the questions/problem sets. I guess Calculus One and Several Variables may come in use if you are doing a maths major, but you won't "need" it for MATH1131.
I'll agree on your advice of not buying a textbook for ENGG1000, but could you clarify what you mean buy not needing to get 'Calculus One and Several Variables' for MATH1131? I'm not doing a math major but a computing degree, so how useful would getting this textbook be?

master_mind1

HSC
Uni Grad
buying: SLSP1000, i haven't seen many people selling it so is the book useless? (also how useful are the books for CRIM1010, somebody advise please)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'll agree on your advice of not buying a textbook for ENGG1000, but could you clarify what you mean buy not needing to get 'Calculus One and Several Variables' for MATH1131? I'm not doing a math major but a computing degree, so how useful would getting this textbook be?
It'll help you with MATH1131/1141, with Calculus. It's a source of extra questions - but... if you're not pursuing it, it's not really useful. I used it as a reference if I didn't understand something in the course notes or lecture notes, but that was very rare.

D94

HSC
N/A
I know it's very possible to achieve D/HD in MATH without the textbook, so based on that, I don't think the textbook would be significantly advantageous for the price most people will offer (unless they are selling it for like $20 which is a steal).

Menta

HSC
Buying:
ARTS1480 (Introductory French A)
ARTS1690 (Structure of Language)

please pm me, thanks!

A

Allan Yi

Hey,

Selling textbooks for both ECON1203 and MGMT1001.

Both for $50.

mgmt1001 - excellent condition, contacted, no highlights or markings.
econ1203 - one page has a tear but fixed with sticky tape. Otherwise it is in good condition with no highlights or markings.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbofish

HSC
N/A
Buying:
LAWS1052 (Law & Justice in Australia, Foundations of the Legal System, 2ED)

Please PM me price and condition. Thanks.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
okay, cool. I don't wanna buy a new textbook i'll only use once. LOL.
you don't even need the textbook, they post the questions online and the lecture notes are good enough for reading material. even if you do need to use the textbook you can get a 2hour loan from the library or just borrow it from a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)