The vegetarian/vegan thread. (1 Viewer)

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Well then, I am sorry for misinterpreting that metaphor of yours because my understanding of that heads or tails thing was you were just trying to belittle what I was saying..which frankly is going to piss me off, but obviously I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion. So fine, MY BAD in that regard, that was poor judgement.

Lol I don't hate you..please, you're annoying me right now but I don't hate you. If someone doesn't take how I feel seriously let alone their own opinion on a matter seriously, why in the world should I take their point of the view seriously? If you don't take your opinion seriously, no one else is going to take your opinion seriously.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
What I meant by the quotation was it seemed childish... and that's what children do. I don't hate you, got no reason to.

I agree. No point in having an opinion if you don't feel any form of passion for it.

How about we both just go to bed to get some sleep, eh?

(no homo)

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Fair enough......yeah, sorry I kinda snapped at you for no reason. XD I'm just very passionate about this, I guess.

Haha, I'll be watching more top model before I go to bed...which is kind of hypocritical of me, because they endorse covergirl...but I'm watching it on youtube, so it gets no money so it cancels it out. :p

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah, I just checked on your profile. Cool to know. :)

Haha... top model. Have fun with that.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I think you guys who are being totally disrespectful to heidixo's beliefs are just lucky there are people in the slaughterhouse to kill your meat for you....I wonder how many of you can do it yourselves and get your own meat, or help out in the factory farms rather. Help the farmers take away the baby cows from their mothers so you can get all her milk, and help kill the baby cows after you pretty much starved them because they are of no use to you...I'd love to see the ones of you that will have difficulty sleeping at night, and for the ones that don't I will just feel sorry because clearly whoever raised you failed to teach respect and compassion for the other living things you share this planet with: from cute fluffy dogs to cockroaches.

I'm not saying you're a dick if you eat meat...but you are a dick if you show disrespect to people for being vegetarians or vegans, who are actually doing something very thoughtful for our planet and the creatures that inhabit it. Even Albert Einstein himself said if humans were vegetarian, the world would be in much healthier condition.

And now it is very clear after that big lecture, that I am NOT vegetarian. (sarcasm) I have no problem with those who do eat meat as long as they respect and have sympathy for where their meat has come from, which clearly a lot of people who posted on this thread don't.
wouldn't reducing the amounnt of cows be a good thiing - i mean with their methane farts and all

HSC
I have recently decided to try vegetarianism. Going ok so far, but not sure how long I'll last. I'd like to be able to keep it up.

I'm not opposed to eating meat, per se. I'm more against:

- the fact that many animals suffer before they are killed
- a huge amount of land is cleared for farming
- a lot of the time, animals are bred purely for the purpose of being eaten, which is overly anthropocentric

So I'm not against eating kangaroos, for example, because they don't wreck the land, are not farmed exclusively for human consumption, and are thus not kept in terrible/painful conditions before they're killed.

mellie.c

HSC
im vegetarian.not because of animal cruelty.im not too concerned about all that at all.i just cannot stomach meat.its too dense...or lean or whatever.im not hardcore so i eat stuff with geletine and such in it.all that stuff that is relevent to people who worry about treatment of animals but not really to me.for my purposes its not meat

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
wouldn't reducing the amounnt of cows be a good thiing - i mean with their methane farts and all
Except half the reason there are so many cows is because they are bred to be slaughtered.

Anyway, this is going to turn into a vego/carnivore war, which is such a tiresome debate and neither side really ever convinces the other to change their ways. Who knows why some people hold so much resentment to people who choose not to eat meat.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Anyway, this is going to turn into a vego/carnivore war, which is such a tiresome debate and neither side really ever convinces the other to change their ways. Who knows why some people hold so much resentment to people who choose not to eat meat.
It's largely because you (using the royal you) vilify us as savage, cruel people who don't care about where our food comes from and are disgusting etc yadda yadda.

People don't appreciate that, generally.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
It's largely because you (using the royal you) vilify us as savage, cruel people who don't care about where our food comes from and are disgusting etc yadda yadda.

I guess that's true to an extent. But of course, like everything it's only a few bad apples that spoil the bunch, usually those with a superiority complex or rebellious teenagers who turn vego for a month, seeking attention in any way possible.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
For both sides, most people don't care if you're on the other team, as long as you don't rub their faces in it.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC

No it isn't, very few vegans/vegetarians actually do that.

Many people just have an unwarranted sense of superiority as they are part of the majority, or are insecure about the fact that they eat meat and love to play the victim.

The exception is the part about not caring where your food comes from, which is entirely accurate in most cases anyway.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I wonder how many of you can do it yourselves and get your own meat, or help out in the factory farms rather. Help the farmers take away the baby cows from their mothers so you can get all her milk, and help kill the baby cows after you pretty much starved them because they are of no use to you...I'd love to see the ones of you that will have difficulty sleeping at night, and for the ones that don't I will just feel sorry because clearly whoever raised you failed to teach respect and compassion for the other living things you share this planet with: from cute fluffy dogs to cockroaches.
Ohhhh no, I'm a pussy....whatever shall I do, I'll go to a corner and cry now.

What I do feel I can say is wrong, however is the lack of sympathy and respect for the lives that are taken and the suffering many of these animals undergo.

It's the same with people who buy cosmetics like Cover Girl...buy it if you will, but at least have some respect and sympathy for the rabbits that have been painfully blinded and killed to give you your make-up.
No it isn't, very few vegans/vegetarians actually do that.

Many people just have an unwarranted sense of superiority as they are part of the majority, or are insecure about the fact that they eat meat and love to play the victim.

The exception is the part about not caring where your food comes from, which is entirely accurate in most cases anyway.
Yeah, I'll try not to tar all of you with the same brush if only you lot didn't do it to us. And the loudest of you do.

boganxcore

HSC
most vegetarians are attention seeking and will seek every opportunity to make sure it is known that they are a vegetarian. ughhhh it's the worst.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Wait, how is your hypocrisy here justified?
I'm not being hypocritical at all. I was using stefgi32's outbursts as an example that it is probably commoner than you think.

Or I may just be more sensitive to it considering I walk around wearing clothes that used to have a heartbeat.

HSC
i do/have done everything that stefig posted

would eat roo more if they werent all riddled with worms ew
wild goat is p good
succulent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)