The White Stripes (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
(The White Stripes =Jack White and Meg White)

I've always been a fan of The Denial Twist + My Doorbell but I got Get Behind Me Satan album yesterday and I've got to say it's one of the best albums I've got currently in my possession. And I also love White Moon as well. And I dunno, something about The White Stripes I just love. Maybe the random lyrics and the simple melodies.

LEMONADERAYGUN

HSC
Finally, something we agree on!
They're pretty good live too.
I reckon their best album is Elephant, although I have to say I don't think much of that track where Meg is singing; I can't remember which one.
They're quite a likeable band

LaurenceBM

HSC
Best new band in a while. Every album is a winner.

Edit: to clarify, I don't mean "new" as in new, but I don't think many of their contemporaries are as great as them.

ALLLICE

HSC
I thought Get Behind me Satan was a bit shit to be honest... not their best stuff. I thought The Denial Twist and Blue orchid were good songs but My Doorbell is SUCH an annoying song, and the rest of the songs on the album are mediocre. Older White Stripes stuff ftw imo.. Hotel Yorba is one of my favourite songs of theirs...and Hello Operator. Their album Elephant is great but Get Behind me Satan?!?!

nwatts

HSC
white blood cells is the best. early white stripes = so so much better than new. though i am keen to hear the latest album.

and yeah. i never ever ever want to see them again live. ever.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
They made a terrible, terrible cover of a Tegan and Sara song.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
Hmm, I think just about every one of their albums except maybe their s/t is better than Get Behind Me Satan.

I don't listen to them much now though, just certain songs. And I don't think they'll ever top White Blood Cells.

yosemite sam

HSC
Icky Thump is the best new album i've heard in a long time. It's a lot better than Get Behind Me Satan imo. Icky Thump and Prickly Thorn but Sweetly Worn are probly the best tracks. bagpipes rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)