• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Wooden Spoon:Pick Again !!! (1 Viewer)

Who will Really Win The Wooden Spoon(in order of favourites to get it imho) ?

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bookie

Banned
HSC
rabbitohs2005 said:
Souths have run into a inform team to lose against.....The Tigers who are 7 in a row.......The Knights across the tasman arent brilliant.....i never said anything about the knights having a streak or not
Dude, please, make some sense.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
rabbitohs2005 said:
Mate Your Still Sore about the charity shield
Hehe today I'm just as sick but not as tired, so I should manage to control myself somewhat better.

So, the Charity Shield. I presume you are talking about the match where we only had something like five first graders in the squad and went down 30 - 6?

Well, congratulations on actually WINNING the match for the first time since like 1998 ... It's so funny how 30 000 people can manage to get out to that match (mostly Souths supporters) but then they all disappear for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately for Souths, the NRL Grand Final is in the first week of October. Not halfway through February.

Actually, perhaps that's WHY all the Souths fans turn up to Charity Shield ... because they realise that it is the closest thing to a grand final they will have the pleasure of watching for the rest of their lives.

May I also remind you that the Dragons were going through more than just a few problems at the time.

But remind me, buddy, what were the scores when the Dragons played the Rabbitohs in the season proper? From memory, we put a combined total of 70 points on you in two matches, and only conceded 20. And the SCG match was the time when you were "in form" ... Souths had won two matches in a row and talked up the match against the Dragons as their chance to prove their ability to the NRL ... sorry you guys could only stay competitive for 65 minutes. If the match had gone on for another ten, we put have scored another four tries.

I guess this is the time when I say "Better luck against the Dragons in 2006."

Ahhh, but I realise that saying this is futile, because all it takes is a look at the NRL games played between the two clubs... here's Souths' results in the last eight matches between the two:

L L L L L L L L

Ahhh, so I guess you guys haven't gone so well against us in recent times.

In that case ... better luck against the Dragons in 2009, mate.

davo_

good kid
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Ahhh, so I guess you guys haven't gone so well against us in recent times.

In that case ... better luck against the Dragons in 2009, mate.
I don't think Souths have done too well in recent times period... rabbitohs2005 will tell us that Souths could have potentially won all of the grand finals since they've been back in the comp.

rabbitohs2005

HSC
davo_ said:
I don't think Souths have done too well in recent times period... rabbitohs2005 will tell us that Souths could have potentially won all of the grand finals since they've been back in the comp.
rabbitohs2005 will tell you....that i have faith in my team...and im just saying my and other peoples opinion on the rabbitohs...(half not even being fans of the rabbitohs)

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
rabbitohs2005 said:
Knights are Goneskis mate....This weekend it could be all over for yous.....

Knights Lose,Souths Win....Knights have got the spoon indefinately....

Its Mathematically Hard for knights to dodge it...so the odds are right...mate...

so if i was you...id put some money on the knights for the spoon....you will get .35 of a dollar profit...when they get it...

Warriors Will Beat Knights Across The Tasman....

you are full of it knights need to win 2 to overtake the souths or win 1 and get 1 buy so go get fucked by a shhep because it is a smart as you are

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
rabbitohs2005 said:
rabbitohs2005 will tell you....that i have faith in my team...and im just saying my and other peoples opinion on the rabbitohs...(half not even being fans of the rabbitohs)

what ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rabbitohs2005

HSC
samuelblayden said:
you are full of it knights need to win 2 to overtake the souths or win 1 and get 1 buy so go get fucked by a shhep because it is a smart as you are
thats the thing they wont win the dragons or the warriors....and if they manage to win 2....then they have to rely on souths(in good form) to lose all 3 games....and hope they dont win any....The Poll is eunanymous.....so just leave it...this thread is getting old.................

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
rabbitohs2005 said:
thats the thing they wont win the dragons or the warriors....and if they manage to win 2....then they have to rely on souths(in good form) to lose all 3 games....and hope they dont win any....The Poll is eunanymous.....so just leave it...this thread is getting old.................

how do you know that we are going to lose odds again freak

rabbitohs2005

HSC
samuelblayden said:
how do you know that we are going to lose odds again freak
look at yourself before go accusing other people of being freaks.....

Its that much chance of the knights getting the spoon...the spoon markets and this thread will have no point to it

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
hey of you really want to know the knights price for the spoon has been going up each weak and the rabbitos is going down
by the way if you are over this stop waiting for me to write back and go away becasue if you kept responging so will I

rabbitohs2005

HSC
samuelblayden said:
hey of you really want to know the knights price for the spoon has been going up each weak and the rabbitos is going down
by the way if you are over this stop waiting for me to write back and go away becasue if you kept responging so will I
Total bullshit mate....The Rabbitohs were favourites like 3 weeks ago...but that was because everyone under-estimate them....and they thought a losing streak would come after that tigers loss...but now souths are 4.50 to get it and the knights are 1.35.....

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
what ever I am going but anything you write soon I write back
we shall see by the next few games

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The knights still haven't ceased to suck.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
rabbitohs2005, good to see that you weren't able to reply to my post. Perhaps because you have little knowledge of the game, or perhaps because you realised that you were well and truly beaten in the argument.

Either way, I'm sweet.

And that site you gave for betting ... wooden spoon betting has most certainly not been closed there. Here:

Betting Agencies Souths - Wooden Spoon
Sportsbet -- 3.00
Int'l All Sports -- 3.05
Sportingbet Oz -- 3.00
Sports Acumen -- 3.50

I'll be tipping Newcastle to win in Auckland this weekend. I've also tipped Roosters to beat Souths. If that happens, the difference will be one competition point.

But hey, tell me, do you reckon Souths will have a home ground advantage against the Roosters (perfecto ;) ) this weekend? Am interested to hear your response on this one ...

In Round 25, Knights play Sharks and Rabbits play Cowboys. Newcastle will probably win, because Cronulla suck Souths are almost deadset morals to go down to NQL. I cannot fathom how you think that because you beat them up at Dairy Farmers, it will make it easier to win this time. As a matter of fact, the Cowboys would have been so embarrassed that they lost to the "Pride of the League" that they will come out very fired up. I expect NQL to put 40 on your team.

So that puts Newcastle one point AHEAD of you.

Then in Round 26, Souths have the Sharks while Knights vs Dragons. Let's take the scenario that Souths win on the Saturday night. They go one point ahead of Newcastle again. Newcastle don't want the spoon, so they come out firing against the Dragons on Sunday. Coops and Ryles happen to not be playing due to injuries, and Brownie decides to rest Barrett, Gasnier, Hornby, Timmins and Bailey because he doesn't want more injuries leading into the Finals. 'Lo and behold, the Knights beat the Dragons.

Ahhh, Souths take the spoon home to mum for the fourth year running.

It may be an unlikely scenario, but it's far more likely than your one of "Souths will win all their games and Newcastle will either win one or lose them all".

Last edited:

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
rabbitohs2005, good to see that you weren't able to reply to my post. Perhaps because you have little knowledge of the game, or perhaps because you realised that you were well and truly beaten in the argument.

Either way, I'm sweet.

And that site you gave for betting ... wooden spoon betting has most certainly not been closed there. Here:

Sportsbet -- 3.00
Int'l All Sports -- 3.05
Sportingbet Oz -- 3.00
Sports Acumen -- 3.50

I'll be tipping Newcastle to win in Auckland this weekend. I've also tipped Roosters to beat Souths. If that happens, the difference will be one competition point.

But hey, tell me, do you reckon Souths will have a home ground advantage against the Rorts this weekend? Am interested to hear your response on this one ...

In Round 25, Knights play Sharks and Rabbits play Cowboys. Newcastle will probably win, because Cronulla suck Souths are almost deadset morals to go down to NQL. I cannot fathom how you think that because you beat them up at Dairy Farmers, it will make it easier to win this time. As a matter of fact, the Cowboys would have been so embarrassed that they lost to the "Pride of the League" that they will come out very fired up. I expect NQL to put 40 on your team.

Then in Round 26, Souths have the Sharks while Knights vs Dragons. Let's take the scenario that Souths win on the Saturday night. They go one point ahead of Newcastle again. Newcastle don't want the spoon, so they come out firing against the Dragons on Sunday. Coops and Ryles happen to not be playing due to injuries, and Brownie decides to rest Barrett, Gasnier, Hornby, Timmins and Bailey because he doesn't want more injuries leading into the Finals. 'Lo and behold, the Knights beat the Dragons.

It may be an unlikely scenario, but it's far more likely than your one of "Souths will win all their games and Newcastle will either win one or lose them all".
i agree with you totally mate

rabbitohs2005

HSC
DRAGONZ said:

Either way, I'm sweet.

Sportsbet -- 3.00
Int'l All Sports -- 3.05
Sportingbet Oz -- 3.00
Sports Acumen -- 3.50

But hey, tell me, do you reckon Souths will have a home ground advantage against the Rorts this weekend? Am interested to hear your response on this one ...

Souths are in good form...dont think they will stop there......

and The Warriors happen to be favourites in that knights match...so dont think you will do it easy if at all...at ericsson stadium......

Souths/Roosters is a 50/50 call...Warriors have a slight advantage...in this game...they beat the broncos at home...so i think they can beat last placed newcastle despite their form....

so its a 50/50 call that newcastle will have the spoon after saturday night...basically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)