The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

HSC
How does one get a job as an Office Cashier at Woolworths? What do they look for? Do you need to be working on the checkouts? I am currently doing some casual nightfill work but I would prefer to work in the office. Does anyone have any tips? :wave:
Most office cashiers start out initially as operators, and are usually picked due to responsibility and cash handling skills (in terms of accuracy). In my store they begin as assistants, so helping with cash up when neccessary (at least once a week), and later they may be trained properly as an office cashier.

Its a long process though, so it would probably be difficult to go straight from nightfill into an office cashier role.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
nightfill to office cashier would be difficult. you would need register training and a regular register shifts first, as you need both the cash handling experience and a fundamental understanding of the cash process.

Other attributes:
-trustworthiness
-reliability
-adherance to company policy

I also think you need to be able to be firm with supervisors, sometimes you do need to order them to do things on time, otherwise you yourself wont get the work done.

HSC
I also think you need to be able to be firm with supervisors, sometimes you do need to order them to do things on time, otherwise you yourself wont get the work done.
I agree, as a supervisor I always forget to do inactive pickups and change orders. But after doing some work in cash office I've started to realise how important timing is to the time you end up leaving.

After working in cash office, you change as an operator. In terms of how you do pickups and open change bags, etc - does anyone else agree?

Craven

HSC
Hell yes, I really think ALL the supervisors need to have a go at cash office at least once to understand some things... like there's this day supervisor at our store that orders INSANE amounts of change.. like a draw will have about $400 in tens but she will order another bundle or two "just in case".. draws don't need that much change. Grr.. I edit the change orders sometimes when they are clearly ridiculous, lol.

HSC
Grr Project Galaxy, I lost my tickets hours :(

At the moment I do 2-5 tickets, 5-7 cashoffice. But now tickets are being done after closing, so my SSM decided for me that I'd prefer cash office (which is true).

Grr.

And grr to all the extra sup. hours I picked up for this week/next. Kinda regretting it already.

Harry778

HSC
Good morning fellow Woolworthians!!!

Do staff have to do any preparation for the refurbishments? E.g, clean out the service desk, stationary draws, smoke shop etc? Just wondering.

HSC
Grr Project Galaxy, I lost my tickets hours :(

At the moment I do 2-5 tickets, 5-7 cashoffice. But now tickets are being done after closing, so my SSM decided for me that I'd prefer cash office (which is true).

Grr.

And grr to all the extra sup. hours I picked up for this week/next. Kinda regretting it already.
Do you know if the tickets will be done after closing at all stores or just yours?

bensneddon

HSC

Do staff have to do any preparation for the refurbishments? E.g, clean out the service desk, stationary draws, smoke shop etc? Just wondering.
Yes store staff do all of this.

NNS7

HSC
N/A

they also have to help with back filling, shelving and managers/2ic's help with planograms in longlife/perish.

HSC
Do you know if the tickets will be done after closing at all stores or just yours?
My SSM said all stores BUT my store closes at 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Stores that trade later may not have to, as this extra 1.5 hours could be really inconvenient.
If this is the case, two or three people will do tickets, not just the one person as its done now.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
our store now takes down tickets early monday morning, which seems to work well

Craven

HSC
My SSM said all stores BUT my store closes at 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Stores that trade later may not have to, as this extra 1.5 hours could be really inconvenient.
If this is the case, two or three people will do tickets, not just the one person as its done now.
Your store closes at 5 but you work from 5-7 in office? :S eh..? oh and you mean you were taking tickets down?

Hm at our store at the moment we take tickets down, one person, 4-7 on Sunday (close at 6pm) and put up from 5-9/10am Monday (store opens at 8) about 3-4 people. I'm wondering what my roster will look like once phoenix comes in.. by the end of the month all stores must comply, says Marty.

Last edited:

Craven

HSC

Construction starts next week, yay. I think the checkouts will be done last at our store and they'll be done overnight. So the service manager will have to come in early to set up the service desk and smokes. :)

Black Heart

HSC
Hey guys,

I am always dreading going to work(checkouts) and it's really annoying. It is so repetitive and boring and the hours just drag on. Anyone have any tips on how I can have a more positive attitude towards going to work? I always go to work with a smile on my face, being nice to my colleagues, supervisors and customers(no matter how far the stick is up their ass). I could think of the money, but honestly, I'm not getting paid enough for that.

(Ps. I have been on checkouts for about 10 months - geez, how the hell did I survive that?)

Tips pl0x? :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Hey guys,

I am always dreading going to work(checkouts) and it's really annoying. It is so repetitive and boring and the hours just drag on. Anyone have any tips on how I can have a more positive attitude towards going to work? I always go to work with a smile on my face, being nice to my colleagues, supervisors and customers(no matter how far the stick is up their ass). I could think of the money, but honestly, I'm not getting paid enough for that.

(Ps. I have been on checkouts for about 10 months - geez, how the hell did I survive that?)

Tips pl0x? :)
play mind games with the customers

HSC
Your store closes at 5 but you work from 5-7 in office? :S eh..? oh and you mean you were taking tickets down?
Yeah, my shift breaks down like this:
2-5: pulling tickets down, usually finish around 4.45pm
5pm, store closes, take as many tills as possible upstairs, pickups and spotchecks etc.
Usually finish all of that around 7-7.30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)