• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
my 2ic rang me just then, proposed a six day week next week, 42 hours. and i was stupid enough to say yes :cold:
Six day weeks aren't too bad, imo.
Unless you have a 38 hr week either side of it, in which case it's exhausting.

twelvemonths

HSC
can you ask to have more sco shifts? who do they like to put on first... the cheap, young people or the experienced workers?

Craven

HSC
So when I'm coming back from holidays I'm losing my non-trade shifts.. going from 38 hours to 0 :( I hate phoenix. People with systems knowledge took priority over me...
And we have a new CSM, bit undecided about her - today she calls me down for an express alert and asks if I'm register trained... hmm, tempted to say no to that, lol. And another girl that's being trained for Supervision since she wants to do the certs and stuff she'll end up with my shifts eventually ahh.. guess it's ok since I'll be going overseas in 4 months but I hate having just operator shifts... maybe I'll ask to do grocery or something... I can just imagine all the express alerts though, yuck.

Edit:
oh and I took advantage of the Harry Potter dvd offer :D whee.. lol I just saw Coles had a similar offer but their price is $12.50.. "guaranteed lowest price" lol, fail.

Last edited:
HSC
So when I'm coming back from holidays I'm losing my non-trade shifts.. going from 38 hours to 0 :( I hate phoenix. People with systems knowledge took priority over me...
And we have a new CSM, bit undecided about her - today she calls me down for an express alert and asks if I'm register trained... hmm, tempted to say no to that, lol. And another girl that's being trained for Supervision since she wants to do the certs and stuff she'll end up with my shifts eventually ahh.. guess it's ok since I'll be going overseas in 4 months but I hate having just operator shifts... maybe I'll ask to do grocery or something... I can just imagine all the express alerts though, yuck.

Edit:
oh and I took advantage of the Harry Potter dvd offer :D whee.. lol I just saw Coles had a similar offer but their price is $12.50.. "guaranteed lowest price" lol, fail.
that sucks. you can have my two hours of tickets a week. i hate it, and my sm knows. he just doesn't want to get anyone else to do it.

Craven

HSC
haha, fuck that. i used to do tickets 5am-10am every monday, got out of it by saying i had a uni lecture @ 8am on mondays at the start of the new semester, lol... it wasn't that bad a shift I just got sick of it. and used to take tickets down sunday afternoon too.

it's just annoying because i've had to train the people that are replacing my shifts in cash management and invoicing ahh....

HSC
haha, fuck that. i used to do tickets 5am-10am every monday, got out of it by saying i had a uni lecture @ 8am on mondays at the start of the new semester, lol... it wasn't that bad a shift I just got sick of it. it's just annoying because i've had to train the people that are replacing my shifts in cash management and invoicing ahh....
i'm exactly the same - its allright but i've been doing it for two years. i used to have sunday arvos 2-7 with a few other people putting tickets up, but then the budget got cut etc.
i can't use that excuse coz i'd be happy with checkout hours though :haha:

Thats sucks about having to train your replacements - i suppose there's no other cash office staff needed in nearby stores.

Craven

HSC
probably not, can't be bothered finding out... wouldn't want to go to another store, i like mine. have the best managers. ... would still have to get trained in systems anyway - all i know how to do is print tickets, change prices, do comms and that's about it... i mean i've looked at their little 'bibles' on how to do stuff but everything else that you need to do that day requires host/cass or people planner and i dont have access to those which is annoying because i've seen them use people planner enough to know how to do adjustments exception reports etc.

bensneddon

HSC
People Planner is easy once you get to know the keyboard shortcuts. As usual, the StoreNet documentation is pretty poor. Damn, Woolworths really need to employ professional document writers.

If you want Host access, just get somebody at your store (anybody who already has Host) to submit the NU e-form. If you want access to IP, you'll need to say you're an office cashier.

Last edited:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I thought this was normal?
Our store has one for SM, SSM, STMx2 and I think another for the duty manager... fairly sure it's 5 in total
Yeh I though this was normal as well? In our store it goes up to 206 so we have SM, SSM, STMx2 and the grocery manager gets one as well.

Browsing through the threads I missed up on, saw the new uniform posters today, everyone elses looks ok but nightfills! Ours are terrible!

Speaking of random parties, nightfill got thrown a party just because our store broke record sales for a November week (even more than we did at Christmas last year iirc). Managers were there and everything. I'm sure day staff got a party too, but considering a) we are the forgotten department in the store and b) we would be lucky to see half the managers once every six months, this was VERY random.

twelvemonths

HSC
lol can't wait to see my shirt... won't wear it for a while though. Do that and look like a newbie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)