The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

NNS7

HSC
N/A
okay so i logged into back office today....
that program is crap.
i'm a front end supervisor and it had nothing in there that was remotely interesting.
all i know how to do on there is the item details thing and make accounts for other users.
with stock management, all i know how to do is write off stock, recieve smoke load and tobacco non-local.

is there anything in either program that's good.
As pyro tek mentioned, they're not supposed to be "interesting" they're for running a business! both programs have heaps of essential features and many more than you listed above, some of the things i would use inventory management for would be, receiving loads, negative stock, quick wins, out of code report (essential in perishables, mine is 20 pages min!) random review, capping fill, stock status/details, under/over laying stock, editing orders, stock-take, dumps report, and many, many other things!

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
the bad thing about them is that they're often underprepared for random 'rushes', i.e barely or just having enough staff on due to low sales, therefore creating more stress.
Yeah, I hear that!! There are days we don't have enough checkout staff. But what erks me more is sometimes we have heaps of floor staff who are not checkout trained. Personally, I think it's the managers fault half the time too because when he asks certain individuals if they would like to be checkout trained, they say no and come up with some type of pathetic excuse, and he says, "Oh, OK!" Sheesh!! Morale has gone down so low because both our SM and STM have no balls!!

The other day I was relieving the CSM and I was on the computer finishing up some ticket ordering. I looked up to see 3 people with small loads in line at another checkout. I quickly shut the program down and I was just about to get on checkout when this customer said, "So are you going to open another checkout or what!!" God, I felt like saying to him, "Would you like me to come to your job site and tell you what to do?!" I politely, but firmly (with gritted teeth), said, "Yes, I'm doing it NOW!" :hammer:

HSC
God, I felt like saying to him, "Would you like me to come to your job site and tell you what to do?!" :hammer:
I'm fairly sure I've actually said this to someone before. :uhoh: Or something along the lines of, unless you know exactly how to do my job, don't have a go at me.

Some days, I wouldn't want to deal with me, tbh.

HSC
:( :( One of my fave operators just told me she's quitting. :( Like she's so good when she's working that I haven't even told my CSM she's ditching our shifts for her other job. FFS, I'm destined to work with crap people forever.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
has voting started on the new agreement yet? I havent even seen it yet, but i'm going to be voting NO in principle because i dont like it basically just being a document that combines all the agreements together.

HSC
has voting started on the new agreement yet? I havent even seen it yet, but i'm going to be voting NO in principle because i dont like it basically just being a document that combines all the agreements together.
Not that I know of, but I might be with you there.

Tea breaks at 4 hours are going to be a logistical nightmare, and I hate that I can be given 2 hour shifts under whats been proposed.

It will pass though :(

Mannequin25

HSC
i didnt think voting started until next week? im voting no too. The new changes are gonna be a pain in the ass for us to manage at our store. Were lucky if we can give a break after 5hrs little lone on a 4hr shift lol.

Our grids are usually about 5/6 pages. 3-4 of operators, 1 of smokeshop and 1 of supervisors. I had a really good day today, wasnt busy at all. Missed sales by 5k tho, he wanted 205k and we only got 200k :( He wanted us to cut 40hrs since friday.....yeah right, i saved like 8....He wants 50hrs from next week, should be interesting.Thank god for my RDO tomorrow, im ready to kill someone after doing nearly 50hrs at that place this week :hammer:

Im glad u guys have hot people come into ur stores! i swear, there are no hot guys here hahaha

HSC
i didnt think voting started until next week? im voting no too. The new changes are gonna be a pain in the ass for us to manage at our store. Were lucky if we can give a break after 5hrs little lone on a 4hr shift lol.

Our grids are usually about 5/6 pages. 3-4 of operators, 1 of smokeshop and 1 of supervisors. I had a really good day today, wasnt busy at all. Missed sales by 5k tho, he wanted 205k and we only got 200k :( He wanted us to cut 40hrs since friday.....yeah right, i saved like 8....He wants 50hrs from next week, should be interesting.Thank god for my RDO tomorrow, im ready to kill someone after doing nearly 50hrs at that place this week :hammer:

Im glad u guys have hot people come into ur stores! i swear, there are no hot guys here hahaha
Yeah we need to cut 55 from next week. I gave them 3.5 voluntarily ;) I'm so dedicated.

Mannequin25

HSC
well it should be interesting to see how we go this week as everyday this week we are either 1 or 2 underforcast.......so cutting the hours is gonna be shit

Thankfully this is the CSMs big week, and my small week, so i only do 4 days, so she can deal with the boss :hippie:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hah you guys think it's going to be tough giving tea breaks for four hours? Our new agreement states that you get a 10 minute break for a 2 hour shift!

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Hah you guys think it's going to be tough giving tea breaks for four hours? Our new agreement states that you get a 10 minute break for a 2 hour shift!
Well I take a tea break whenever and however long I want. :D

As long as I get the work done no one notices.

HSC
okay, so the randomest things pop into my head while i'm trying to finish my essay, lol.

do i need a new roster written if the department in which i do my contracted hours changes? previously my saturday was 12-1.30 f/e, 2-6.30 n/t. now its 12-4.30 f/e, 5-6.30 n/t.
i'd say so because i had to write adjustments for this week and next week to reflect this.

Just asking because if I can get a new roster written, I can probably get another 3-4 hours on my base (1 extra hour on thursdays and 2 or 3 on saturdays).

ytrbut

HSC
I'm voting 'no' to the new EBA as well, for three reasons: four hours for a tea break is ridiculous and unmanageable, I hate bargaining agreements in general, and the failure to include a clause which provides flexibility with penalty rates where the employee agrees to waive certain penalty rates (ie. overtime) in certain situations (ie. Christmas/Easter/management reliefs).

Last edited:

danberg

HSC
I'm voting 'no' to the new EBA as well, for three reasons: four hours for a tea break is ridiculous and unmanageable, I hate bargaining agreements in general, and the failure to include a clause which provides flexibility with penalty rates where the employee agrees to waive certain penalty rates (ie. overtime) in certain situations (ie. Christmas/Easter/management reliefs).
its like your voting from a management perspective! management and the sda have agreed on the AGREEment! In Victoria we've always had breaks for a 4 hour shift, and guess what, its manageable. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more 3 1/2 hr shifts are rostered tho. From an employee perspective, 4 hours with no break, especially on checkouts, is just unfair.

Even if you vote no, and if its rejected (which it wont be!) they will simply renegotiate the agreement, so voting no because you don't like the concept of a bargaining agreement is pointless. Plus, there are flexibility arrangements in place, including hours during Christmas time.

So vote on whether you think this is better for employees! NOT the company's bottom line (penalty rates/ overtime)!

Roga

HSC
Just a story on loss prevention as my store. On Thursday there were 4 undercover loss prevention officers just roaming the store looking for people stealing etc. There were also some undercover cops there just in case they did find some people. By the end of the day, 47 people were caught shoplifting. Also, the next day some drunken idiot came into liquor and threatened to shoot if he didn't get liquor. He didn't have a gun and police were there pretty quickly. The stupid thing was that this happened around 3pm in the afternoon when there were loads of people around. Some people are just stupid.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
47 shop lifters...in a day??

Sounds like your store needs static security guards

ytrbut

HSC
its like your voting from a management perspective!
Probably because I understand the pain that management suffer in terms of organisation and wages, having had to deal with it for reliefs in a number of departments in the past.

In Victoria we've always had breaks for a 4 hour shift, and guess what, its manageable. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more 3 1/2 hr shifts are rostered tho. From an employee perspective, 4 hours with no break, especially on checkouts, is just unfair.
The two departments this will probably affect the most, in the store I work in at least, is nightfill and deli. Nightfill, people work 8-12. Normally they take a two or three minute break to walk to the lunch room and grab a drink and consume it on the way back to their aisle, and no-one has any issues with this. What will become a total pain in the arse, not to mention a serious dampner on carton rate (which seems to be the massive focus in our store at the moment), is a paid formal tea break in addition to these unscheduled drinks breaks. All it means is that nightfill will now be rostered on 8-11.45 instead. In practice, if nightfill need to hang around until 12 or 12.15 to get the job done, then they'll end up working the 4 hours anyway and won't get a tea break for it, because they won't know until 11.45 that they need to work 15 or 30mins later. As improper and 'cold' as that sounds, it's the fact of life.

The other example, deli, at the moment we have three rotations of staff on a Saturday (the busiest day of the week by a country mile), with a couple of people working 7-11, a lot of staff working 11-3, and a new batch working 3-7, with a couple of people working throughout the whole day running the department. All the new agreement means is that people will probably work 8.30-12, 12-3.30, and 3.30-7 (the deli really doesnt need people before 8.30, but they're rostered on to give everyone 4 hours anyways to make it worth people coming in), thereby cutting the pay of everyone by half an hour for each Saturday. If you asked these employees "Would you prefer half an hours' extra pay or do you want a right to take a tea break that we deliberately set the roster up so you don't need?", I think the obvious answer will be the extra pay.

Even if you vote no, and if its rejected (which it wont be!) they will simply renegotiate the agreement, so voting no because you don't like the concept of a bargaining agreement is pointless.
So is every type of 'taking-a-stand voting'. But I operate based on my own principles, not just practicalities.

Plus, there are flexibility arrangements in place, including hours during Christmas time.
Time owed sucks, speaking as someone who has a couple of full weeks sitting in the book right now. They still haven't incorporated the ability to waive overtime and get paid at base rates/time+30/time+50/time+75 for all your hours in the week you work them, and that's my biggest gripe.

So vote on whether you think this is better for employees! NOT the company's bottom line (penalty rates/ overtime)!
I'm an employee, and I don't think it's better. It will only put more stress on departments, which in turn puts more stress on employees. You also seem to be confusing "the company's bottom line" (something which I care very little for) with "wages" (something which directly affects employees in stores, hence I care about).

</rant>

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I work in the deli, and on Saturdays we don't actually have anyone that starts working at 7am. Our roster usually goes like this:
1 Seafood starter at 5am
3 Deli starters at 6am.
1 Starts at 10am
1 start at 12pm

Essentially, we the breaks usually start from 10am, where Seafood person finishes at 3pm, and the deli people finish at 4pm albeit 1 staff, who finishes at 2pm.

And then we get people starting at 3/4/5pm.
4pm starters finish at midnight, 5pm finises at 9pm, 10am starter finishes at 8pm.
That's jsut a rough idea of our roster on tuesdays.

But i do agree with the 10min break thing for 4hours. I rarely even take my tea breaks on long shifts. usually just do a 1hr break and i'm all good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)