The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

greekgun

HSC
Man that must suck for u guys working at woolies. At coles we dont have any kind of tests besides mystery shoppers, but that really isnt a test.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
lol at our store..we have frequent produce id tests..got my sda union card yest..i think they deduct money from ure pay? i know it costs to join the union..

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
Harry778 said:
I really like the music and stuff they play. There are so many songs on it I like,

Chewing Gum is the best one!LOL.

I asked a supervisor where we get the music from and she said it's a foxtel chanel. If you had foxtel would you beable to get it?

Does anyone know all about that Woolies music stuff?

THANKYOU...
agreed.

lucky for the recovery people they still play the music after the store closes! the music makes work much more bearable

HSC
I can't really hear it when the store's open for business but after the store closes, the music becomes alot clearer and you can hear it alot louder in the staff toilets too. Hahaha!

annushka11

HSC
you know, no one can complain until theyve worked at maccas in circular quay.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
annushka11 said:
you know, no one can complain until theyve worked at maccas in circular quay.
The people who work at such place know what they are getting into though. A lot of other jobs have shit aspects you wouldnt expect.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
so i was jus told bout the scanning rate thingy and my rate is so shit..haha slower than the others..well dats cos i'm on probation..what are ure scanning rates ppl

CieL

HSC
blakegman said:
How do they measure that ? Scanning rate.
Computer program that keeps a record of everything you do at the register.

I've got access to these files and they tell you everything from how many items you put through per minute, how many items in total, how many customers you've served, how many minutes/hours you've operated the registers, how many mins per customer, list goes on.....

Then it also shows other shit like time and register of refund, order cancellation, if you've pressed change order, etc..

Can pretty much search anything.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
CieL said:

I've got access to these files and they tell you everything from how many items you put through per minute, how many items in total, how many customers you've served, how many minutes/hours you've operated the registers, how many mins per customer, list goes on.....

Then it also shows other shit like time and register of refund, order cancellation, if you've pressed change order, etc..

Oh thats pretty handy.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:

hey, you must be high up to have CSM Access in Office then
Only Store Manager, the actual CSM and two long-term supervisors have access at our store.

although, i sometimes just add myself in so i can look at all those cool reports

Harry778

HSC
OMG!!! Today I was supervisor from 6.30 to 15.30 which I was ok with.
I get downstaris and there is no smokeshop person to help the other operator with the draws and stuff.

I have other stuff I had to do like (snap 4 registers coz apparently last night we got smashed and the night supervisor had no time to do it!) So I got someone from longlife to help her go to the office and get the stuff.

I ring the smoke shop girl and she's like "I'm really sick" ok fair enough but give us a call. The other two come down, put the draws in the register all good. BUT by now it's 7.59 so I pressed the staff chimes button, go to the supervisor draw....NO ROLLER DOOR KEYS!!! Obviously I need them to open the doors (there are 4 doors)

I asked the smoke shop girl and she said they where ment to be with all the stuff....they werent. 2 secs later the cash office chick calls and says you might want the roller door keys. So I RAN (I mean really ran) Coz I could see the STORE SERVICES MANAGER waiting out side looking at her watch! Grabbed they keys and opened the doors at 7.06!!! Sooo many ppl pour in I only have 2 express staff and 1 large lane staff. When the SSM walked past she goes geez you opened a bit early...still got 5 mins (Thank christ her watch was wrong)

By now I'm thinking everything is ok. My CSM rings and says she's sick! WTF! Supervising by my self the hole shift.

Worst day I ever had...EVER!

HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
Is it easy to achieve 16 items a minute?
If you scan at a decent rate, then it definately is, as long as you press 'enter' whenever you aren't scanning (e.g. packing, waiting for supervisors, waiting for the customer to give you money) and sign off whenever you aren't scanning. If you don't do these things at all, then your scanning rate goes down hugely.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
ohhh so thats the secret aye..had no idea..dat y i was doing things at my own rate..now dat i know bout dis scanning rate crap..i'll press enter when packing etc

`tOnii*

HSC
whoaa! a woolies thinggy LOL

sick ass =]

at my woolies the people with scanning rates of 16 and higher are only like the supervisors and shitte. some don't even get to 16. lol

its crap but. i think 12 is pretty reasonable. and i hate how cheap they are on bagss. like pack the bagg until its about to burst. lmao

but some of the guys are cute

=]

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Two questions

1) wtf is "snapping" a register

2) what DOES the staff chimes button do, we have one, but nobody has ever pressed it or even knows what it does

Harry778

HSC
Snap (snapping) is counting the draw. The proper term is Spot Check.

Staff chimes: Press the button 5 mins before we open so all the staff know we're about to open. It's makes a little doorbell sort of sound...

Harry778

HSC
Ok, you know how for the registers the Operator Number for IT Support is 700...does anybody know if that number would have Supervisor Numbers applied to it? Coz I know the password to it and was wondering if I could use it to pass reduce to clear things over 60% and other stuff too.

Coz i'm only allowed to have Supervisor Priviladges when i'm actually supervising..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)