The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Jolyon

HSC
I had a fundraiser trivia night for our Area last night. I started work at 6am and thought... "ohh it wont go that late". Well midnight came and everyone was still going strong and I couldn't just up and leave because my CSM drove me. Well after 3.5 hours sleep my 6am start pretty much killed me

BSammy

HSC
Oh yeah, a customer mentioned that, I had friday off so I had no idea about it.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
THERE IS ANOTHER WOOLWORTHS SOCIETY?????!!

"The checkout staff had the option of manually adding up all their purchases and charging the customer that way but most of the staff decided it was too much effort and let the customers get stock for free."

The fuck?

nanakid12

HSC
Holy yes! I was on that day, and for pretty much every product scanned, it minused off some "Masterfood Cooks" special. Some of them were way more than half-price of the product!

THERE IS ANOTHER WOOLWORTHS SOCIETY?????!!

"The checkout staff had the option of manually adding up all their purchases and charging the customer that way but most of the staff decided it was too much effort and let the customers get stock for free."

The fuck?
I'm guessing staff with supervisor numbers would have just been able to go into the SVR menu and manually disection dump each product. Do a price enquiry first, then disc dump the item for the price without the special.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Holy yes! I was on that day, and for pretty much every product scanned, it minused off some "Masterfood Cooks" special. Some of them were way more than half-price of the product!

I'm guessing staff with supervisor numbers would have just been able to go into the SVR menu and manually disection dump each product. Do a price enquiry first, then disc dump the item for the price without the special.
Rofl as fucking if.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
I had a fundraiser trivia night for our Area last night. I started work at 6am and thought... "ohh it wont go that late". Well midnight came and everyone was still going strong and I couldn't just up and leave because my CSM drove me. Well after 3.5 hours sleep my 6am start pretty much killed me
I also went to that, was a fun night but went a little too long! I went home around 11:30pm cause I had to work the next day. For a great cause though.

Jolyon

HSC
I also went to that, was a fun night but went a little too long! I went home around 11:30pm cause I had to work the next day. For a great cause though.
Yeah my CSM wanted to cheat with our iPhones but because he is our store manager we were sat right up the front and we had to be honest about it. Yes, we did not win haha

nanakid12

HSC
For those who are service supervisors in larger, more urban stores... what do you have to do? For us in a smaller town, we are required to spot registers (obviously), do drinks, clean registers and mats, continually collect trollies and the shiz.
Of course, the supervisor doesn't actualy do this, the cashiers do when it's quiet. But what about you lot?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
For those who are service supervisors in larger, more urban stores... what do you have to do? For us in a smaller town, we are required to spot registers (obviously), do drinks, clean registers and mats, continually collect trollies and the shiz.
Of course, the supervisor doesn't actualy do this, the cashiers do when it's quiet. But what about you lot?
This is the same for us too, except we have trolly contractors (thank god). Supervisor is the one that counts all registers and manages the night. All other staff do drinks, confec, clean, fill receipt rolls and tork, bags, empty bins etc

Jolyon

HSC
This is the same for us too, except we have trolly contractors (thank god). Supervisor is the one that counts all registers and manages the night. All other staff do drinks, confec, clean, fill receipt rolls and tork, bags, empty bins etc
I am in a shopping center so our busy period is during the day when all the shops are open and then quiets down about 6pm when everything else is closed. During the day all us supervisors do (when the managers are not there) is redirect traffic (customers) make sure all the breaks go smooth and deal with any problems fast. At night we get super quiet like a small store and we just do what I guess every store does (drinks, cleaning, returns spot and bag registers etc). Quite hectic during the day where we are

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I am at a shopping complex and half the fucking shops in the complex steal our trolleys, makes me soo annoyed. We end up with like no trolleys at the end of the day because every store steals them.

Jolyon

HSC
I am at a shopping complex and half the fucking shops in the complex steal our trolleys, makes me soo annoyed. We end up with like no trolleys at the end of the day because every store steals them.
We use to have that problem but now they all steal Big W's trolleys because they are "closer" to the middle of the shopping complex while we are at the end. The worst is when customers come in with Coles trolleys

powlmao

Banned
HSC
We use to have that problem but now they all steal Big W's trolleys because they are "closer" to the middle of the shopping complex while we are at the end. The worst is when customers come in with Coles trolleys
I work at Big W

nanakid12

HSC
What happens with us is some smartass customers switch our trollies over with those from the competition so we have a few of theirs and they have a few of ours. Quite annoying...

At one stage a few of our baskets were taken by a family of Asians who had moved here and they were using them to do their laundry...

powlmao

Banned
HSC
What happens with us is some smartass customers switch our trollies over with those from the competition so we have a few of theirs and they have a few of ours. Quite annoying...

At one stage a few of our baskets were taken by a family of Asians who had moved here and they were using them to do their laundry...
Lol

Jolyon

HSC

We have security stickers on all ours so we can be all like "Excuse me, we need to keep the baskets in the store sorry" and they don't understand why? Where are you going to put it once your done with it? There is no basket bay in the car park..

nanakid12

HSC
We have security stickers on all ours so we can be all like "Excuse me, we need to keep the baskets in the store sorry" and they don't understand why? Where are you going to put it once your done with it? There is no basket bay in the car park..
Thats actually a good idea... maybe we should adopt that. Though that hardly ever happens to us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)