• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Wow, woolworths is trending on twitter tonight. lol - don't think that would have ever happened before. :haha: And from what I've seen its all mostly positive. Interesting times...
Indeed. I'm surprised looking at the tweets too. Looks like Woolies really did execute this well.

nanakid12

HSC
I supervised this fine evening and heard the new song on the store radio! (followed by that dreaded world no tobacco day message, recorded by Satan himself) So gutted I don't get to work tomorrow night and help to scrub up the place :(Do get to work Wednesday though! So pumped :) I'll take a photo of my produce department just for everyone to see :)

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
I'm closing tues wed and thurs, so should be interesting seeing all the changes :D
our store isn't closing early though! weird.

I really hope they've got more up their sleeve, I dunno if these new ads will do enough... the posters are definitely everywhere though, not many places where I don't see one now

nanakid12

HSC
By the way, did any of your stores put up covers on the window? I went in shopping tonight and they said they weren't doing it.

Excited for tomorrow! :D

nanakid12

HSC
Well the relaunch was very anti climatic. Our store looked exactly the same with a couple of new posters. I was hoping something bigger would actually be changed...

BSammy

HSC
To be fair, coles is following us now.

If we start doing things properly and they keep following then they will get the reputation we had until recently.

Our store this morning was all like 'gotta cut a ribbon gotta cut a ribbon'
"well i'll grab some strakers from the party aisle"
"ok we'll cut them."

We did get a pretty good lunch today, deli cooked chicken parmas for us. not janz ones, proper chicken schnitzels with stuff on it.

BSammy

HSC
I haven't heard of a new agreement, anyone know anything about if we're getting a payrise soon?

nanakid12

HSC
I agree, Coles is definitely following us. What with that whole "if you have to wait in line behind 2 customers, we'll give you $5 off!"
All they did was take our idea and allow the customer to have money off. Same with us having to walk the customer to the product.

Funny though, we had the same Coles ad in the paper, and it said in the fine print "valid between 18 June to 2 July" LOL. Imagine the shitty complaints they would have to deal with when that 'promotion' ends.

And I did hear some gossip about a pay rise, but nothing about a new agreement. Probably because we often get a pay rise every year though ha.

I asked to check some middle aged mans bag, and he sighed and yelled "Why doesn't Woolworths just accuse all their shoppers of being thieves and get out?!?" and went on with some Benjamin Franklin quote, virtually saying that we should forgive those who steal, and they are our friends.

I was looking to see if I could find this quote, when I stumbled across another Benjamin Franklin quote: "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." :)

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Probably because we often get a pay rise every year though ha.
We get a pay increase twice a year. January 1 and July 1. Oh and birthdays until you turn 20.

I'm so sick of getting abused that I refuse to check bags anymore. Woolworths don't pay me enough to get abused/belted up/assaulted or whatever else could potentially happen.
If Woolworths wanted to stop theft they can start paying in store LPO's or other things, not go the complete opposite direction and remove security restrictions from self serve and whatever else they have done. Why should I bother if they aren't going to help themselves and make it easier for shop lifters?

EDIT: Oh and also, can phone vouchers be purchased on "Groceries Only" or even "Essentials" store credit?
EDIT 2: There was a sign on cash office door that said Group Certificates will be available online on the 25th. That is a Monday. How does that work because Epayslips usually become online on the Tuesday so I guess it'll be pushed ahead one day?

Last edited:

britto89

HSC
EDIT: Oh and also, can phone vouchers be purchased on "Groceries Only" or even "Essentials" store credit?
Not sure, i've never encountered it before. I'm pretty sure you could look it up in ISIS under item management. There is a POS tab where all the little settings like "ask for ID", "prompt for quantity", etc.

BSammy

HSC
As far as I know you can. I think it only restricts tobacco and alcohol.

If you're not sure, the restrictions are on the card itself, just give it a read. No point making up more rules and restrictions than you need to, unless it's been made clear by management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)