The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Did the close call the other night! Asked SM if I could, and he's said yea, so sweet! Will be handy on Saturdays :)

And our store has always been 10 minute breaks... then everyone realized like a year ago about getting an extra 4 minutes for walking time (going to locker, buying shit, etc) and it was eventually just dragged to 15 minutes.

And powlmao... why you no use old account?

loapowm

Banned
HSC
Did the close call the other night! Asked SM if I could, and he's said yea, so sweet! Will be handy on Saturdays :)

And our store has always been 10 minute breaks... then everyone realized like a year ago about getting an extra 4 minutes for walking time (going to locker, buying shit, etc) and it was eventually just dragged to 15 minutes.

And powlmao... why you no use old account?
They get banned

lambsie

HSC
New EBA sees me get an extra $11.01 a week

But yay for tea breaks going from 10 to 15mins
Is there a link to the new EBA? If not, any details for the weekly wage in NSW, and the junior rate brackets?

Can't seem to find anything when I work, and then there is never anyone in the office, so I end my shift with at times upto $10 000 in the till.

As for tea breaks...use to be fun stretching tea breaks to half an hour until I had to supervise myself, now keep it within 20mins :)

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
All pay rates are increasing. I had a look at the changes and they all look beneficial (duh), every pay bracket gets a wage increase from what I can see, and the little booklet the union gave my store showed that everyone under the age of 20 gets an increase in pay, as well as those 'adult' workers above 20.
Win win win!

BSammy

HSC
but are they increasing enough? i think that's the main question. everything else seemed to look pretty good.

and yeah breaks are currently officially 10 minutes PLUS walking time, which in most stores seems to mean a 15 minute break.

this is just officially making it a 15 minute break, which includes walking time. removing ambiguity, which is a good thing to do in a document like this. now of only they could do that in more areas which really matter.

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
but are they increasing enough? i think that's the main question. everything else seemed to look pretty good.

and yeah breaks are currently officially 10 minutes PLUS walking time, which in most stores seems to mean a 15 minute break.

this is just officially making it a 15 minute break, which includes walking time. removing ambiguity, which is a good thing to do in a document like this. now of only they could do that in more areas which really matter.
I thought it was fair. My $/hour is currently like 16.28, and, from memory, it'll increase to about 16.84 or something.

Clank_

HSC
9.34% over 3 years. 3.113% p.a.

Slightly more than I'd heard but still poor once you take into account inflation.

britto89

HSC
I started on $6.73 an hour. My standard shifts were a 4-8pm trolley collector shift wednesday and saturday and i'd take home $53.84. Woot!

At least the pay has gone up since then and then and they don't cut <21yr olds down by as much of a percentage as they used to.

Also, regarding the EDR question i would just forward them to the woolworths privacy statement which should be handy at the service desk or tell them to head to the EDR website or call the EDR number if they want more information. I have stopped asking for EDR cards in liquor because it doesn't do the fuel discount thing anymore and i now find if i ask for it on >$30 (which used to be the threshold at which i'd start asking) i'm met with bitterness and people saying "whats the point, you don't get a fuel docket or anything". the only thing its good for in liquor is customer specific deals, qantas points and data mining since we don't have "extra simple specials" in liquor.

i can't wait for the government to ban liquor sales in rewards promotions but until then if you want your points or a customer specific special you best present your card.

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
How are you on that rate if you're doing HSC this year? Even if you are 18 years old.
18 years old, and I dunno. Why would I be on any lower? I'm only casual so that's including my beautiful 20% loading rate.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
18 years old, and I dunno. Why would I be on any lower? I'm only casual so that's including my beautiful 20% loading rate.
I am 17- I am on $12.67 a hour.

When I am 18 it will be around $15

It includes loading

the way to go

HSC
I have stopped asking for EDR cards in liquor because it doesn't do the fuel discount thing anymore
since when was that?
is it a state thing, because im fairly certain ours still do them...

and anyone else loving the Innov8ive Ideas Listing?
hopefully they actually listen to them and put some of them into action!

Last edited:

Clank_

HSC
still voting no then clank?
Yeah still voting no. Can't let the union and Woolies get away with this esp with the staffing cuts.

Also I've heard that there is and extra day of compassionate leave and sick leave on pay slips in the new EBA. Overall though very little seems different from the old one aside from the decreased pay rise.

How are you on that rate if you're doing HSC this year? Even if you are 18 years old.
Current casual rate for 18 y/o in NSW is $16.28

nanakid12

HSC
That's ooolllldd as... well the fact we have insurance. I did go to work this morning and there was Woolworths Insurance screensavers on the checkouts. Woo.

EDIT: No it's not old news sorry, I didn't realize they've changed it to car & travel. Might look into that...

Had a completely shitfaced customer that I've never seen before come in tonight to buy smokes, he's like "Hey, hey buddy I'll buy ya a beer when you turn 18!!"
I was like, "yea, I'm 18 now"
Stumbling towards the door, "Fuck, I gotta buy ya a beer"

I love how much sense they make haha.

Also, CSM & 2ic have both left :( new CSM has already been decided... but thinking of putting in for 2ic... hmmm, thoughts?

Last edited:

lambsie

HSC
That's ooolllldd as... well the fact we have insurance. I did go to work this morning and there was Woolworths Insurance screensavers on the checkouts. Woo.

EDIT: No it's not old news sorry, I didn't realize they've changed it to car & travel. Might look into that...

Also, CSM & 2ic have both left :( CSM has already been decided... but thinking of putting in for 2ic... hmmm, thoughts?
Not worth the stress of 2IC (assuming you'd be non-salaried) for a few extra dollars an hour. Kind of rather being a normal operator over supervisor during the day.

Just out of curiosity, are there any rules about using EDR every $30 when shopping? Customer had a go at me when I forgot to stop at $30 when it was one operator and 2 trolley loads operating. I think I heard theres a rule with EDR policy that it can't be done, though I may have made that up in my head to justify myself!

nanakid12

HSC
Not worth the stress of 2IC (assuming you'd be non-salaried) for a few extra dollars an hour. Kind of rather being a normal operator over supervisor during the day.
Yeah, I was thinking that, but I might still give it ago... just to say I have :D

Shouldn't be as stressful at our store anyway, being so small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)