The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

BSammy

HSC
let's just wait and see then

hey iMathew.. did you see in the wownews the wowcow or whatever it was new store in southern cross station? have you been there yet?

i mgiht have to check it out tomorrow if i'm nearby.

the way to go

HSC
i actually really like the SCS stores uniforms, the black polo is so much nicer than the green shirts IMO
anyone else agree?

my stores newly renamed BWS is operating exactly the same as it did before, just different uniforms, but then again, maybe they'll start the real changes once they're all rebranded

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Nope I didn't see. I wonder why they get new uniforms? I want a polo top! Try and sneak some pictures when you're their. I want to see the layout and the uniforms.
Any of the managers at your store got shiny new name badges yet? They have the name and position on their, not bad.

Clank_

HSC
Apparently the new agreement went through with a 95% yes vote. Anyone know when we'll be back paid? I'm also wondering if I've left the company before it is back paid, will I still receive it?

somegronk

HSC
Apparently the new agreement went through with a 95% yes vote. Anyone know when we'll be back paid? I'm also wondering if I've left the company before it is back paid, will I still receive it?
Nice. Did you read this or were you told by someone in the know? I was told it takes one or two weeks after its been agreed to and FWA looks over it until we get paid.

the way to go

HSC
that's funny, cause I never voted or was ever asked to vote.

BSammy

HSC
there should have been a voting box at your store. i'd complain to someone important if it matters to you

BSammy

HSC
the new store in southern cross station is pretty awesome. i'm so hungover and don't really remember it, but you should check it out, it's got it's own frozen yogurt bar, and it's own coffee bar which has it's own register.

newcastle2

HSC
hi i am new to the forums and have kind off been lurking for a while. So when i had a problem i decided to come here and ask for some advice. A two weeks ago my boss called me in and asked me to sign a contract which he said "was an agreement on hours" and when i asked him if this changed anything else he said "no" so everything was fine until i received my payslip and realised that my casual loading was no longer being paid and i wasnt receiving time and a half for sundays so now i am forced to work considerably longer hours for less pay. So i think that my boss has changed me from casual to part time due to this contract which is useless to me because i dont get any security because i am on probation and if they get rid of me i lose all of my benefits which are negligible anyway i would much prefer the casual loading and overtime. Is it even legal to lie to someone to sign a contract reducing their pay with out telling them? btw this new contract was not an agreement which specified any change for pay or benefits it only changed the hours i worked. What should i do? thanks for your help:)

Clank_

HSC
Nice. Did you read this or were you told by someone in the know? I was told it takes one or two weeks after its been agreed to and FWA looks over it until we get paid.
Saw it on the noticeboard.

hi i am new to the forums and have kind off been lurking for a while. So when i had a problem i decided to come here and ask for some advice. A two weeks ago my boss called me in and asked me to sign a contract which he said "was an agreement on hours" and when i asked him if this changed anything else he said "no" so everything was fine until i received my payslip and realised that my casual loading was no longer being paid and i wasnt receiving time and a half for sundays so now i am forced to work considerably longer hours for less pay. So i think that my boss has changed me from casual to part time due to this contract which is useless to me because i dont get any security because i am on probation and if they get rid of me i lose all of my benefits which are negligible anyway i would much prefer the casual loading and overtime. Is it even legal to lie to someone to sign a contract reducing their pay with out telling them? btw this new contract was not an agreement which specified any change for pay or benefits it only changed the hours i worked. What should i do? thanks for your help:)

If you are part time you should also be accruing entitlements such as leave and should still have the job security even if you are on probation. You should still be getting the Sunday loading (and other ones minus the 20% casual loading) though. The only people who don't get loadings are those on salary which are the FT managers. If you don't like the new contract take it up with your manager(s) and the union if necessary, but you really should have read the contract before you signed it.

the way to go

HSC
A two weeks ago my boss called me in and asked me to sign a contract which he said "was an agreement on hours" and when i asked him if this changed anything else he said "no" so everything was fine until i received my payslip and realised that my casual loading was no longer being paid and i wasnt receiving time and a half for sundays so now i am forced to work considerably longer hours for less pay.
an agreement on set shifts every week is the definition of part time, however you should definitely still be receiving time and a half for Sundays, I would go talk to your boss (your customer service manager I assume) and explain that he said nothing else would change but it did and you want to go back to casual.

be careful though because being casual, you would most likely get less shifts in the long run because you're getting paid more and the store needs to save as much money as possible, so someone working part time is more likely to be called first over you if a replacement is needed. so basically, P/T get more shifts but paid less, CAS more pay but fewer shifts. there's people at my store that have been weeks without a shift being casual, so you just need to weigh up which one is best for you really.

hope I was some sort of help :)

Clank_

HSC
wait, your contracts actually say stuff rather than just the hours?

that's all mine have ever had.
Don't they have the other conditions of employment on it? Like the benefits you will receive, pay rate, etc. I haven't seen any Woolies one but ones from other companies usually have those included.

nanakid12

HSC
My contract just had my hours on it. It also had a few different sets of terms, which we ticked the appropriate set for the contract. For example, something along the lines of

* This is a contract for permanent set of hours for part-time.

* This is a temporary contract for a set of hours, commencing from 14/10/2012 to 17/4/3077.

(there were more options, those were the only two I can remember)

Then it just had the hours I'm contracted for written underneath. No other terms or anything on it at all, except obviously my name, store, employee number, etc... and the Woolies logo :)

BSammy

HSC
Don't they have the other conditions of employment on it? Like the benefits you will receive, pay rate, etc. I haven't seen any Woolies one but ones from other companies usually have those included.
As that is all in the agreement, it doesn't really need to be on the contract, as it's in place no matter what.

But yes, you should be getting your time and a half on Sunday, double check your payslip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)