• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

grobsh

HSC
jas62 said:
Was looking at natcom the other day and was looking at all the stores sales and warringah malls is 2.2million!! i was like shit 4.5times higher than mine is that the busiest woolies in the country??
definitely the biggest store in area 81, not sure about the country though. From what ive heard about working there, its really high stress position just because of the amount of work you have to do. A lot of the current store managers in the area have served time there as either dept managers or 2ic's.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Service 10 - Service Supervisor
Service 20 - Customer Service
Service 30 - Phone Call
Service 40 - Price Check
Service 50 - First Aid
Service 60 - Cleanup
Service 70 - Building Emergency
Service 80 - Bins
Service 90 - Phone Call for Manager
Service 100 - Security
Service 200 - Product Withdrawal

Peartie

HSC
when i worked there we also had random ones about different things (so we cld tell people about others in the store or something.....)

grobsh

HSC
Peartie said:
when i worked there we also had random ones about different things (so we cld tell people about others in the store or something.....)
at my previous store we'd have service 75 and some others if a hot girl walked in.

mitch179

HSC
grobsh said:
at my previous store we'd have service 75 and some others if a hot girl walked in.
LOL! That's the best thing I've heard.

"Service 75 to Perishables"

And you just see all the male staff walking towards perishables :p

HSC
Oh I remember service 100 now. Thats the only other one we ever use, like I never understood service 80 for example.

I've never had to use service 100 and never want to, its only used in my store in a situation where the police would be called. Like ages ago when I was getting supervision training at night all these 15-16 year olds got in a huge fight in our store, so my boss screams "SERVICE 100 TO THE FRONT OF THE STORE!" into the microphone, then turns to me and says "THAT is when you use a service 100".

Interesting story, I know.

HSC
At our areas trivia night for the Fresh Food appeal our table made up service 15: needing to go to the toilet. We still use it.

mlee72

HSC
townie said:
Service 30 - Phone Call
Service 40 - Price Check
Service 50 - First Aid
Service 60 - Cleanup
Service 80 - Bins
Service 100 - Security
Does anybody elses store also use the 601, 602 etc for a phone call?
also how stupid to have a two meanings for service 50 (first aid and pickup)
if other stores use 601 602 etc then i think a service 30 should be a pickup

jas62

HSC
grobsh said:
definitely the biggest store in area 81, not sure about the country though. From what ive heard about working there, its really high stress position just because of the amount of work you have to do. A lot of the current store managers in the area have served time there as either dept managers or 2ic's.
I would hate to work there!!! must be so fucking busy. So what store do you work at grobsh??

As for service codes we only use service 1,30,40,80 and 100 we use to have a service 100 every few days now we barely ever call one. But when one is called everyone comes up to the front to see whats going on lol noone really does anything except the SM and STM.

Also was wondering are they trying to get rid of the Store Services Manager because my store hasnt had one for 18months?? or is it just in the smaller stores??

HSC
townie said:
Service 30 - Phone Call
Service 40 - Price Check
Service 50 - First Aid
Service 60 - Cleanup
Service 80 - Bins
Service 100 - Security
Also (at my store):

Service 15 - Change Order
Service 55 - Pick Up

HSC
We don't have one for change order or pick up. Or scanning policy. I don't even see the point :/

mlee72

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
We don't have one for change order or pick up. Or scanning policy. I don't even see the point :/
they are useful e.g. Change order the office cashier can call it in the morning or when they are in the office so that when they come down stairs(at our store the office cashier comes down for the middle of the say on the weekends) that way all change orders can get done

Pickup- when the final pickup for the day is due the office cashier can call it (makes things a lot easier)

and at our store we need manager approval for scanning policy i guess it makes it easier cause they know why were calling them.

HSC
I guess.

Thats weird you need to call your store manager for scanning policy, I guess it means he/she knows about it and will make sure its fixed up?'

No-one gives a crap about scanning policy in our store. I mean we follow it 100% but if one comes up we don't go ringing the department and whatever, just remove the tag.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
KaaN10 said:
I was on the client spot site and found the safeway green tops but I cant find the wool black ones that I can wear over it. How can I get these?
i am also wondering this

edit: also, should i take a 2IC position at a different store?

jas62

HSC
townie said:
i am also wondering this

edit: also, should i take a 2IC position at a different store?
what store and what department??

HSC
I have no idea how to order the wool ones, ask someone in the office???

And yeah townie what department?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hmm, we don't have 'service calls' at our store. We just call what we want i.e

Manager to checkout 4; Produce has a call on 950 etc...

grobsh

HSC
for the wool jumpers etc you have to see your ssm or someone in the office. They come from a seperate place.

grobsh

HSC
jas62 said:
I would hate to work there!!! must be so fucking busy. So what store do you work at grobsh??

As for service codes we only use service 1,30,40,80 and 100 we use to have a service 100 every few days now we barely ever call one. But when one is called everyone comes up to the front to see whats going on lol noone really does anything except the SM and STM.

Also was wondering are they trying to get rid of the Store Services Manager because my store hasnt had one for 18months?? or is it just in the smaller stores??
im at frenchs forest, medium size store i guess. what about you?

i'd say they're not getting rid of SSM's, my guess you're in a tiny store that doesnt need one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)