The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

buzzcut89

HSC
^Most people are slack with chasing you up...maybe you should call them back and say you got a call from them and are returning it? If your still looking for a job ;)

steelite

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I got a phone call from them when I wasn't home. They never called back. I think they just crossed me off the list. I don't know if I got back on the list or not because I don't remember my login information and the email I used to sign up with expired.
Same, l asked them to call back in a couple of days since l was sick so l didnt want to do the phone interview, they also never called back like they promised.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
buzzcut89 said:
^Most people are slack with chasing you up...maybe you should call them back and say you got a call from them and are returning it? If your still looking for a job ;)
This happened several months ago and I have a better job now anyway.

Scanorama

HSC
The recuitment number for Woolies is 98230621, one of the name I can remember from group intervew + induction is Markus.

I applied in July 2004, didn't get the first call from them until March 2005. They offered me a position as check out at Bass Hill store, but I told them uni just started and I didn't have time for a job. She said thats fine and she will keep me on the list for any further position. I thought I was off the list since.

Got a second call from them in September 2005 offered me a position as nightfill at Padstow. I told them due to uni commitment I was unable to work on Tuesday night but they need me on Tuesday night, so I didn't get the job.

Surprisingly after I rejected them twice, they called me back again in October 2005. He offered me a position as nightfill at the Menai store, the phone interview, group interview and the interview with the manager were easy, and I got the job. Way better than my shitty Christmas casual job at Kmart last year.

buzzcut89

HSC
I just rang my local Woolworths store....and the store manager wasn't there.

So the checkout chick or whoever answers the phones there, asked me what I wanted to inquire about. I told her emplyoment and she started telling me "You have to do that all online"

I told her I'd applied nearlly 2 years ago and STILL hadnt heard anything

"Oh...you just have to keep trying."

I was thinking in my head What an idiot....

So then I asked her if she could get the store manager to call me back when he is back in. She sighed and then took my details.

Am I doing the right thing by calling them or is the store manager just gonna tell me the same thing?? :(

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
buzzcut89 said:
I just rang my local Woolworths store....and the store manager wasn't there.

So the checkout chick or whoever answers the phones there, asked me what I wanted to inquire about. I told her emplyoment and she started telling me "You have to do that all online"

I told her I'd applied nearlly 2 years ago and STILL hadnt heard anything

"Oh...you just have to keep trying."

I was thinking in my head What an idiot....

So then I asked her if she could get the store manager to call me back when he is back in. She sighed and then took my details.

Am I doing the right thing by calling them or is the store manager just gonna tell me the same thing?? :(
no no, you're doing the right thing. i've been applying for almost 2 years now too, no luck, and i got a job elsewhere, so yeah. don't pay attention to that check out chick. if the manager doesn't call you in the next two days, call again or just go to the store and ask for him.

buzzcut89

HSC
What if I ring the store manager again, and they tell me the same thing. That it is all online, and they can't do anything.

I can't argue with them that I know more about Woolworhts than they do...and besides it makes sense that it is all online :confused:

Scanorama

HSC
Tell them you've applied for 2 years and so far you heard nothing from them. But you are very desperate for the job and you love Woolies, it might help. Some people in my store got the job through the other way apart from applying online.

viviena

rawr.
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Does anybody know how long a interview with the store manager (the final one?) typically lasts? Since Serius and others make it sound so easy (ohpleaseletitbeeasy), is it just a quick in-and-out thing of a couple of minutes?

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

viviena said:
Does anybody know how long a interview with the store manager (the final one?) typically lasts? Since Serius and others make it sound so easy (ohpleaseletitbeeasy), is it just a quick in-and-out thing of a couple of minutes?
yeah its pretty quick in-out, make sure u bring ure resume cause they will ask for it, and dress really professionally. Basically they are just making sure u arent a freak, and that you will get along with the rest of their staff. If you come accross as friendly and dont piss them off you should be fine, plus your female so extra points there the interview with only go for like 15min max, but they could have u waiting for a while before the interview, and if u r successful they might give you a quick run down of whats expected of you from that point, and give you a tour of the back of the store. so i would expect the whole thing to go for a max of 1 hour, if you can get there 10 mins early, thats a really good sign to the manager

to everyone else worried about calling the manager, dont stress it and dont listen to what the checkoutchicks who answer the phone say, just call and act like you really want the job

if they say theres nothing they can do, its all online

tell them "well i applied ages ago, and i just wanted to find out whats happening"...if they dont offer u an interview right then and there for showing inititive then they are a bad manager, in their training they are shown how to recognise inititive [how the fuck do u spel lthat word?] and to value it so thats why i suggested calling them, and pretty much garanteeing an interview from that point
just keep calling till you get ahold of them

willed

asleep but interested
HSC

Just want to say thanks a bunch for this thread, Serius. I have my induction at Woolies on Saturday the 11th. It was actually an alright process. I went to the group interview after they phoned me and told me that there was a position that I wanted available. I had my individual interview with the long-life manager straight after the group one (this was all last thursday) and they phoned me this morning to say I got the job (night-fill at my local store) ^__^

viviena

rawr.
HSC

Hey, well thanks Serius. :) Unfortunately, I didn't get the job: I suspect it was availability -- my hrs (14 across 5 days) and the fact that their Woolie's in the middle of nowhere and I didn't have a car, plus that there were two other final-stage candidates -- that did me in... (or perhaps I just made a bad impression).

Damn, have to go jobhunting again... But anyway, some top advice in this thread, which made things a lot easier, and for which I'm very grateful. :p

Last edited:

richz

hi, i rang up my nearest woolworths store and requested to speak to the store manager. I told him i filled out my application form 2 weeks ago and i havent got a reply, he then said it had nothing to do with him, jobs are determined by the main office. i mean wtf?

saracen

HSC

excellent help, especially the resume's thanks

Whaddaya Know?

Manufactured Gigolo
HSC

Just the answers I needed for the group interview I had yesterday :) I had the interview with the manager right after the group interview and he showed me the times and days I will be working if I get the job.

EDIT: Well 2 weeks after the interview I got the job and I've got my induction on Sat the 1st. Thanks to Serius and everybody for the info!

Last edited:

Insanity

HSC

willed said:
Just want to say thanks a bunch for this thread, Serius. I have my induction at Woolies on Saturday the 11th. It was actually an alright process. I went to the group interview after they phoned me and told me that there was a position that I wanted available. I had my individual interview with the long-life manager straight after the group one (this was all last thursday) and they phoned me this morning to say I got the job (night-fill at my local store) ^__^
Ditto. Thanks so much for this thread! I read this last night.
Had the interview today. An hour later, I got the job! <insert squeal> So yeah ...thanks!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

cool, looks like i got heaps of people into jobs

unfortunately i think iam about to lose mine, my availability changed when i started uni and they have refused to give me shifts since...its ok though cause iam pretty much set up for quite a while now and maybe i can move on to something else. Its really good to hear so many people being sucessful,
and for those that didnt make it in...its probably because you are too honnest lol, you should completely lie about your availability to get your foot in the door and then change it if necessary

And if u still dont get it, no worries woolworths is a decent employer of young people but there are other places out there with advantages [and dissadvantages] over woolies keep trying and goodluck

trekkie

HSC
Im a produce assistant at woolies in Raymond Terrace, we have the best store ever...biggest bludgiest place there is, seriously ppl if ya want a job that is no challenge at all what so ever just to get you through uni...woolies is the place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)