The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

This is what it says in the email they sent me:

Can you please ensure you attend Induction in company preferred dress which is:

White business shirt/blouse or either a bottle green or burgundy polo shirt for nightfill
Black business pants (no hipsters or pin stripes) or skirt with neutral or black stockings
Black business shoes with an enclosed toe and heel
You will be provided with a tie/scarf and a name badge at Induction.

And is it really necessary that we complete the TFN declaration and stuff before induction?

klyie minogue

HSC
N/A

I think I am going to be really unprepared for the induction. All I got was a phone call asking me if I can come in for the induction next week and that was all they said... what forms do you need to fill in? anything else I should know about?

Scanorama

HSC

klyie minogue said:
I think I am going to be really unprepared for the induction. All I got was a phone call asking me if I can come in for the induction next week and that was all they said... what forms do you need to fill in? anything else I should know about?
Nothing, just rock up and get paid.

G

Gavvvvvin

klyie minogue said:
You need to get the induction kit thingo

zuey

HSC

asdfsadf

Last edited:

klyie minogue

HSC
N/A

zuey said:
GUYS, im totally new here, just stumbled on these forums and WHAT A BEUTY it is..

absolutely great.. anyways, the search in the woolworths site doesnt bring up any woolworths near my house so can i still apply to the first link (in the OP) ??

i REALLY REALLY need to start work (im 15 and have got my TFN and everything ready... i might also do work experience there at woolworths and see if they take me aboard after i finish that.

anythoughts??
tia
zuey..
Yes doing work experience is a great idea when your first starting out.

klyie minogue

HSC
N/A

ok I went for my first induction yesterday and today the manager from the store i'll be working at called me wanting me to start work this weekend.

Do they normally want people to start work (nightfill) before the second induction? I haven't even handed in my forms yet. How would I even know what i'm supposed to do when I haven't done any training yet :confused:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we got broken into wednesday night, possible inside job, but they only got the safe door open, then couldnt open the drawers INSIDE the safe, so no money taken

i wann work in cash office :(

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Quiksilver101 said:
Was Good Friday everyone else's busiest day ever?
Well considering we are closed today.. no haha

Has anyone got shirts that they ordered online yet?
I ordered mine like a week ago.. how long does it take?

G

Gavvvvvin

Is Woolworths closed today? Man nightfill was the biggest bludge this morning...I mustve walked up and down the same aisle for 3 hours straight pretending to face it

tennille

HSC
townie said:
we got broken into wednesday night, possible inside job, but they only got the safe door open, then couldnt open the drawers INSIDE the safe, so no money taken

i wann work in cash office :(
Really? That's scary. Cash office is a pain in the arse because everyone relies on you.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
cro_angel said:
Well considering we are closed today.. no haha

Has anyone got shirts that they ordered online yet?
I ordered mine like a week ago.. how long does it take?
hey do you know the site to order shirts from? I remember seeing a poster in the lunchroom but forgot to write the address down.

I was a casual up until ONE day after the shirts were ordered so I only got 1 even though I was part time by the time we got the shirts. Argh!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
tennille said:
Really? That's scary. Cash office is a pain in the arse because everyone relies on you.
i'm in a small store, less stress

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I was a casual up until ONE day after the shirts were ordered so I only got 1 even though I was part time by the time we got the shirts. Argh!
The same thing happened with someone at my store: they were casual when the shirts were ordered, and now she's full time. I think she managed to get another shirt though.

HSC
N/A
Quiksilver101 said:
Doh! I meant the thursday before good friday…
It was extremely on and off... when people got off work there were queues halfway across the store. I'm working tomorrow too. Just my luck- busiest days and no work on the public holidays when I'm home anyway and the pay's great. :(

townie- Can't you just apply for cash office, or let them know that you want a position and see what happens? Also I'm curious.. what counts as a small store?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)